Total Pageviews

Friday, March 3, 2017

Impact Wrestling Reax - 3/2/17

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Impact Wrestling.

- Rosemary vs. Jade:
I'm really going to miss Jade in Impact. Hopefully she'll pop up in NXT soon.

Jumping Rosemary was probably the right idea since this is the champ's environment, but it didn't work out.

I'm liking the suplexes.

That's one way to counter a dive!

I'd like to see more female weapons matches in WWE.

NICE submission move. I like when people use banned moves in a no-DQ environment.

Jade just getting wrecked here. Rosemary came to maul, not just win.

This is one hell of a match to go out on.

Man. They're not holding anything back!

NICE mist shot.

Oh My GOD that bump on the concrete.

Hahahahaha Jade using the "spit something in your face" card against Rosemary.

A powerbomb off the ramp would have been INSANE.

MAN. That was one hell of a battle. Good luck following that, other members of the Knockouts roster.

- Moose promo:
Moose vs. Cody should be pretty good. I'm curious what Moose will be doing going forward.

 - Hardys:
I wonder how much of this will be "canon" if WWE picks the Hardys up. No way will WWE be able to use any of the footage that's aired on Impact.

I can only imagine where this is headed.

- Moose/Cody:
I do like Moose not letting the Rhodes last name prevent him from wrecking Cody's shit.

Oh MAN! Two sneak attacks in one night? Fine by me.

Loving the big fight here. I hope that aspect of Impact is staying under the new regime.

I'm LOVING it. Pure chaos.

HOLY SHIT face turn of the century by Cody for attacking Mathews.

MAN. That was all cool.

- Storm vs. Godderz:
At first, I hated what Josh was going through at the announce desk, but I think I'm OK with him being the obnoxious douche he's often cast as. It'll be pretty funny - I got a good kick out of heel Don West.

This commentary is something else.

Godderz is a solid worker. He could be someone who matters with the new regime involved.

Godderz is holding his own here!

God, they finally got the win over Jessie. It only took three men to do it! Is Jessie going to be their John Cena? I'd get behind that.

- Lee vs. Everett:
Oh this is is starting off fun.

I just can't buy this as a heated feud between former friends when Andrew's doing all sorts of flips.

Josh is killing me on commentary here (in a good way). He might actually get people to like him as a heel. Either way, should they be going the Mike Adamle route of doing so much for a non-wrestler?

This had potential to be good, but it's devolved into another X-Division match. I want to see smaller wrestlers who can fight, etc. instead of just flips and dives.

PHEW. Too 50-50 for me. Everett had it won before Lee snatched victory from the jaws of defeat. I see why people want to move to some people getting pushes instead of everyone ending up even.

- More Hardys:
More silliness. I hope they add some new wrinkles to the act if they go to WWE.

HAHAHAHAHAHA the Bingo Hall thing always cracks me up because ECW's been closed down for 16 years and people are still burying their venue.

I can only imagine what's next here.

Those poor challengers!!

Wait... titles are for marks because they're fake accolades. A true worker is in the business to make a lot of money rather than a "push" or whatever.

- Hardys vs. Ecktourage:
This is pretty insane.

I can only imagine what crazy special effects WWE would/will use for this act. Man.

This is crazy! Surely something here is grounds for a DQ?

And another win!

This is wild. I love the crazy instant transmission.

- Galloway/Moose:
Impact was in a weird place with presumably wanting to get the title off Drew before he left and wanting to move to Moose vs. Cody. The new creative team will hopefully get everything straightened out with their plans.

- Van Ness interview:
The Knockouts division is in for a reboot with Maria gone. What does everyone do?
 
- Galloway vs. Moose: 
-- Round One: 
I like how the rounds structure doesn't stop people from brawling.

I like the physicality.

I hope Drew's coming to WWE so I can see him on TV again. This is really solid.

Saved by the bell!

-- Round Two:
All that impressive offense and Moose still can't win?

Oh MAN what a DVD on the apron.

That should have killed one of them. They shouldn't be up for round three!

-- Round Three:
This is pretty insane.

Good GOD what a bucklebomb. Are these bumps worth it?

Jesus Christ they're going for broke with as many big moves as possible.

Yeah, that was some ROH/NJPW level of no-selling. Great match, but too many MOVES brought it down a bit.

- Post-match:
WHO DOES THAT JUDGE THINK HE IS????? Drew should have flung him.

- Barnett video:
Lashley's like Asuka and the Hardys. They've all laid waste to their respective divisions to the point (an) outside opponent(s) had to be brought in to be a challenge.

- Lashley vs. Barnett:
Mathews' meta-heel gimmick is Michael Cole-level based.

I'm liking the MMA vibes without the match going 19 seconds.

Barnett's doing pretty well for himself.

This is pretty good. They obviously know what a real bout looks like.

Submissions everywhere!

That was a lot of fun. I liked the fight feel.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment