Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 9, 2017

NXT and ROH Reax - 3/8/17

Read on for my thoughts on last night's NXT and ROH.
-- NXT:
- Dillinger vs. EY:
SAnitY are pure destruction. I wonder how high they can go? They could definitely do a story of Young getting the title due to his associates, but I don't think they'll go that route. He could definitely make a run for it, though.

I love a big fight.

I really want to see SAnitY vs. the Authors of Pain.

That was effective.

- Billie/Peyton/Ember:
Ember looking to challenge both is pretty brave. I really wonder where all the women fit into the title picture for Takeover.

- Almas vs. Lun:
HoHo could have had a pretty big win there!

Cien's going to make an example of the Hong Kong native.

MAN. Almas is already pretty smooth.

Cien shutting him down.

Fine squash to keep Andrade relevant. He's got potential; he's just a little lost in the shuffle right now.

- Ember vs. Billie:
I'm liking the Billie/Peyton friendship. I hope both succeed.

Ember's through waiting around. She could have a big summer once Asuka heads to the main roster.

Moon will take them both! She's HARDCORE!

Yeah, tough to fight two people at once.

Ember's quite good. She can definitely be someone to build the division around post-Asuka.

Nice win!

- Post-match:
I assume that's just selling. I hope so anyway.

- TJP interview:
This should be quite the match. Both men are really talented after years of doing what they do.

- Revival/Ealys/Authors:
Man, that's the second time the Ealys have had a scheduled match only to get attacked before it happened. Will they ever get to debut on TV?

I don't blame Revival for bailing!!

Poor Ealys!

- Regal/Ember:
The build to what should be a pretty great clash of women has been lackluster. I'm still looking forward to the match, though.

- Ohno interview:
It is pretty wild seeing Kassius back in NXT. Things have definitely changed for both sides since his last run.

Can Kassius hold gold in WWE? I would hope so.

A LITTLE on the "rah rah I love wrestling" side, but mostly good.

- Roode interview:
There's definitely a good contrast between Bobby and Kassius as far as personalities go.

I can't wait for what's next for Roode, Kassius, and the title going into Takeover. If Ohno's not in the title picture during WM33 weekend, where will he be?

Pure disrespectful heel mode from the champ. I love it.

- Shinsuke vs. TJP:
Two talented veterans who don't necessarily fit the WWE mold.I like it.

Hahahahahaa Nakamura dabbing was something I needed.

This is already pretty great.

Both men are very skilled.

NICE counter to the Detonation Kick. I love seeing some submissions thrown in.

This is really solid. Each man's experience is really paying off.

That was great! Shinsuke really went on a tear at the end.

- Regal again:
So, yeah, I assume we're in for Roode/Shinsuke II at Takeover. They've got to have Kassius on that show, though. Who's going to face him? I'd be good with Almas getting that honor.

-- ROH: 
- Briscoes/Lethal/Fish interview:
These guys are going to be important for ROH going forward.

- Kingdom vs. Rebellion:
I couldn't care much less about the new Kingdom. Both sides could use some promo time.

Funny mirror sequence. I like the occasional heel/heel match.

Oh so the whole match is going to be mirror spots? Could be interesting.

This is starting off well. Hopefully it won't turn into spotfest city.

Oh, wow. Not a good night for Titus. I'd pop if this was all some master plan to win the titles, although that would seem odd, since King and Coleman now have a distinct disadvantage in the ring.

This isn't bad, I guess. Just kind of disjointed.

LOLWHAT. Random substitution. It's also odd to feature Lio when he's probably ending a lackluster run soon.

Man. Rush just sonned the six-man tag champs.

Well that was pretty weird. The story was definitely more about the challengers than the bland champs.

- White/J. Briscoe:
Bro do you mind? Jay's got a big match tonight.

Jay W.'s whole gimmick is he beat Jay B. I'd like to see more of him as a character instead of "guy who fights so hard and likes to win matches." Ugggggggh.

- R. King vs. Milonas:
Fine basic start to things.

Not bad, I guess?

Yeah, nothing really special from either guy. There's a difference between talented yet bland and just uninteresting all the way around. I'm guessing these two were fillers, with ROH having a few other names on the short list.

- Cody/Cole/Bucks vs. Briscoes/Lethal/Fish:
Cody vs. Lethal has been pretty good.

Yeah, I'm pretty bored with the Bucks as characters. And the Club in general as characters, really. I think in some ways ROH is going with Plan B after Kyle left.

Good from the "there's a lot of action" standpoint.

I definitely want to see another one-on-one match between Cody and Lethal.

Fish has some good tenacity.

Briscoes vs. Bucks has been done about 1,000 times now.

Jesus Christ that's enough superkicks and flips for one match.

Impressive MOVES, but that's a cheap way to get a reaction.

The alley oop rana was definitely impressive. I don't know how they do some of this stuff. Man.

Ugggghhhh I hope Cody gets to be ROH Champion at some point.

They almost need two refs for some matches.

Lethal's a pretty solid worker. B+ player for sure, but he can go.

The suicide dive isn't nearly as impressive when so many are busted out. It can't be that difficult or devastating if someone can pop off three in a row.

Part of me wants to Cole vs. Lethal again, but only part. Maybe in NXT in 2018?

Lethal vs. Fish could be pretty good.

Wow. Are the Briscoes really going to hold off four guys, including the champ?

Uggggghhhhhhh no-selling the Doomsday Device. Watts is pissed.

OK, we get it. You guys do superkicks. Less is more, guys!

Glad it's over.

- Daniels/B. Club:
I can only imagine what Daniels told him to get him riled up. They're only going to try for 4 3/4* from Meltzer?

Nice. I'm sure Lethal would like to see Cole shaved.

Ummmm.... what?

Yeah, I'm wondering why Kazarian's turning on you too, bruh. Daniels vs. Kazrian could be a good feud for the months ahead. What if Daniels wins the title and Kazarian takes it from him at Final Battle? They could eventually do a title vs. career match with Daniels when he's ready to move behind-the-scenes. I don't think that day's coming just yet, though.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment