Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 30, 2017

NXT and ROH Reax - 3/29/17

Read on for my thoughts on last night's NXT and ROH.

-- NXT:
- Gargano vs. Wilder vs. Akam:
It's just a matter of time until this turns into a brawl with all six men.

They're going to have to work together to beat that monster.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH Dash suckering Johnny like that was GENIUS.

Fine work so far.

The Revival keeping themselves fresh for Saturday, I guess.

I like the story of the never-say-die babyface against the insurmountable Goliath.

Johnny's not going to go down without a fight.

Gargano finally got him down!

This is pretty fun.

NICE ending. I can't wait to see The Revival on the main roster.

- Machinery vs. Ortagun/Marshall:
Hosses doing hoss things.

Not bad so far.

Otis and Knight can move pretty well. It's just going to be tough to do what the Authors of Pain are doing better than those two.

Not bad overall!

- Regal/Ember/Asuka:
I'm ready for this match. Ember could have a really big night Saturday.

Asuka does a good job as the cocky jerk.

- Roode/Nakamura:
I like Bobby elevating NXT. He's a major league player.

Pretty good stuff from Shinsuke.

- Authors/Ellering:
I like Ellering a lot. Glad he's here to help Akam and Rezar.

Ellering should be teaching promos at the performance center.

- New Takeover match:
That should be pretty fun. I've enjoyed their work so far.

- Ohno vs. Samson:
I like Elias. He's got something inherently hateable.

I think Kassius has the advantage in this one.

Kassius works pretty hard.

Elias has improved since his squash match days.

Nice crossface spot.

They're telling quite the story here.

Elias isn't going down easily!!

Pretty good work! I hope we see more of Kassius going forward.

- Post-match:
Man, that's rough. Losing your job in NXT AND the ability to make money from playing guitar in one night???

I totally expect Elias to appear on Raw or Smackdown in the next few weeks.

-- ROH: 
- Addiction/Castle/Superkliq :
Man this is a great moment for ROH.

I'm pretty sure the "world champion of the world" thing is a rib on Jeremy Borash's ring introductions for big title matches using similar verbiage at times.

I like Daniels putting his very talented opponent over here. 

Part of me is glad these two aren't feuding. I like the bromance.

What happens if Frankie can't beat Scurll?

I'm fine with a big promo to start the show instead of meaningless wrestling. Story progression matters!

I'm fine with this big babyface angle instead of Dalton being super intense and wanting to win the title because he's a great wrestler grrrr.

I'm ready for Cole to have a big sendoff and go to NXT. He's achieved all he can here, and he only became a three-time champion because Kyle O'Reilly bailed.

Fine to set up the main event.

- Scurll/Kenny:
They keep trying to come up with something for The Rebellion to do after really dropping the ball on him.

- Hardys vs. Briscoes:
Two of the business' top tag teams in action.

All the classic Hardy double-teams on display.

Hey, don't count the Briscoes out here.

I wish the Briscoes would head to WWE. They're good enough to deliver there, and they've been champs in ROH about a hundred times.

Jeff's not obsolete yet! He's still diving off things at nearly 40.

Pretty good action here, with a good story driving it.

Yeah, don't try to out headbutt Jay Briscoe.

I'm liking all the counters of signature spots and big moves.

HOLY SHIT what a save on the Doomsday Device.

I definitely didn't like the Twist of Fate/Swanton combination getting kicked out of. Sheesh.

So-so ending. They should just gotten three from the Swanton.

- Bucks promo:
I think it's definitely possible, if not likely, the Bucks get the titles back this weekend. It was fun being away from the ROH monotony while it lasted, though.

- Superkliq vs. Addiction/Dalton:
The Bucks do way too many "highspots" to the point they're not special.

Remember when a powerbomb to the apron was a brutal kill move? Now it's just another spot.

I'm surprised the Boys don't compete more than they do.

Spooooootttttttttttssssssssss.

OK, pretty funny stuff with the brainbuster teases.

The flips are almost always pretty impressive.

And lots and lots of flashy moves everywhere.

I hope Castle does well for himself going forward.

It's weird to have a match where some people tell something of a story and others just do cool moves.

Uggggggggghhhhh so many superkicks.

Fine ending at least. Glad Dalton got the pin.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment