Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Raw Reax - 3/6/17

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.

- Y2J/Owens/Joe/Sami:
See, now KO has an excuse for losing to Goldberg. It was all Jericho's fault! Otherwise maybe he would have won!

I'm glad Jericho's in for another important Mania match. He's definitely HoF worthy when he retires.

Jericho has the uncanny ability to effectively be over as a face or heel no matter how many returns he has and how many times he switches from face to heel.

Kevin's one evil SOB.

MAN. Owens really used Jericho.

This storyline has been building for quite a while, so I don't want to hear any complaints about WWE not being able to do long narratives anymore.

Just pure malice from Owens in stating he would have put Jericho in a wheelchair. That's just inhuman.

This is good.

I'm all for this at Mania, and presumably Payback. This could be a big feud.

Will we see Goldberg/Owens II on Raw before Mania? I wouldn't rule it out.

Hahahah poor Sami always gets beat up.

- Owens vs. Zayn:
I would have popped for a STRAIGHT UP.... TAG TEAM MATCH, but maybe we get Jericho vs. Joe later.

Both men could use a win after last night, but Kevin could use it more.

Sami's always impressive.

Man. One popup powerbomb wasn't enough!!

That was just unholy. If he'll do that to Sami, just think what he'll do to Jericho!

- Neville vs. Swann:
I like seeing more aggression from Swann, although I like him as the high-flyer.

This is pretty good.

Hahahaha well since Matt and Jeff won't be doing swantons in WWE anytime soon, Swann might as well do one.

Both men are really impressive.

Nice sell of the superplex.

Nice counter of the German.

That was really good!

- Neville/Aries:
I'm liking Neville's title reign. Glad the title is back and being used in the way it is.

Neville's an A level cruiserweight, but this man's an A-Double level cruiserweight.

OOOOOHHHHHH Neville going to give another brutal injury to Aries? That previous one looked NASTY.

A Double's back!!

- Enzo/Cass/Cesaro/Sheamus:
I wonder who all will be involved in the title picture at Mania.

- Goldberg/Heyman/Lesnar:
It's pretty cool to see Bill hold the title one more time. I'm glad he's appreciative of fans still supporting him all these years later. So many talented performers don't have that going for them when their career's over.

Oooh, I wonder what Goldberg was going to say. I love Heyman interrupting him right then.
 
Yeah, Paul should keep his distance.

I'm excited for a match I'm sure will be more Dragon Ball Z than technical classic.

I love Heyman one-upping Goldberg's big accomplishment.

I can NOT wait for the big clash of mastadons.

I REALLY wonder what's next for Goldberg. He's not advertised for the Raw after Mania, so WM33 could be his last match. But there's a lot of time between now and then. Things could change.

LOVED IT. This should be fun.

- Enzo/Cass:
OK, that was clever. Silly, but clever.

- Club vs. Enzo/Cass:
I like the dynamic between Cass and Enzo.

Fine work from the heels, too.

Enzo's pretty spry.

The champs are a pretty effective duo.

Cass does a few big power moves and Enzo makes the most of his size. I like it.

Haha. That was a funny enough ending.

- Post-match:
Fun enough to continue the road to what will presumably be a triple threat at Mania.

- Foley/Enzo/Cass/Sheamus/Cesaro/Steph:
That's fine for next week. I'd like to see Karl and Luke attack, thinking that since there wasn't a winner, they don't have to defend the titles at Mania. Of course, Foley will say neither team lost, either, so both teams go to Mania to challenge The Club.

Oh, no. More Stephanie.

- Tozawa vs. Ariya:
Fine work to start.

Daivari's good at a pretty straightforward style; he serves as a contrast to someone more flashy like Tozawa. This effect is lost when both sides are explosive.

Tozawa's something else.

Fine enough for the time it had. We've got to have more Stephanie on the show, after all.

- Tozawa/Kendrick:
I wonder if there will be a big cruiserweight multi-man clustermess at Mania to determine who faces the winner of Aries/Neville.

- New Day promo:
This is starting to run long in the tooth. I wouldn't object to New Day being split in a draft this summer. Big E could go for singles gold on one show, Kofi can go for singles gold on the other show, and Xavier can hit 205 Live. Just an idea. I definitely think they work together well as a group; I just wonder how much more can be gotten out of the act.

- S. Stars vs. Kofi/Big E:
Primo and Epico could use another reboot. They're just kind of "there" as they fill some space in the tag division.

At least they're fired up to beat New Day.

Fine to give New Day some TV time.

- Foley/Bayley/Sasha/Charlotte/Dana/Steph:
Still surprised Bayley broke Charlotte's streak. I would have put money on that not happening until Mania.

I'm excited to see Bayley at Mania.

Bayley vs. Sasha would be a nice change of pace. Not happening, though.

Where's R-Truth to give the details on the C-O-N-SPIRACY to keep the title from Charlotte?

Man. Poor Noelle.

Oh YAAAAAYYYYYY Stephanie's here. I'd love to see Foley call up Asuka to deal with his boss problem. Hell, I'd probably watch Noelle beat the tar out of Stephanie if it meant she'd disappear from TV for a few months (at least).

OH GOD CHICAGO LET IT GO PUNK'S NOT COMING BACK.

Where's Nia? I figured she'd try to make a case, too.

Ahhhh they'll have her earn her way in the future. Gotcha.

- Bayley vs. Sasha:
Handshakes mean more when they're just an occasional thing instead of every match.

Good technical work to start.

Solid work from both of them.

I'm loving all the pin attempts.

Good move trying to avoid the Bayley-to-Belly. I love finishers being sold like that.

It's good seeing these two face off instead of either facing Nia and Charlotte. It's fresh.

Nice sell of the Banks Statement.

That was pretty good to protect the champ in a loss.

- Post-match:
Charlotte picking her spots.

- Reigns interview:
Those two had a damn WAR.

- Seth video:
This man's incredible.

I'm curious when we'll get an official match between Rollins and HHH.

- HHH interview:
Hahaha HHH taking credit for Seth's recovery. I love it.

Couldn't HHH tell the doctors not to clear Seth?

Ooooh nice jab at Seth giving himself a nickname.

I like HHH in small doses.

- Emma video:
See you in July!! I wouldn't mind her being in the title picture. They need a fresh heel.

- Joe vs. Y2J:
Samoa Joe's going to brutalize Chris here.

Joe might be younger and ruthless, but Jericho's got his wits about him.

Man, Y2J is still as agile as a cat.

Samoa Joe is an efficient killing machine.

Good work from two veterans.

OH MAAANNN that counter to the baseball slide.

NICE. Joe looks dominant without hurting Y2J too much.

- Post-match:
50/50 booking...

- Braun/Roman/Taker:
Hahahahahahahah Braun playing off Chicago hating Reigns was golden.

Well, that was kind of sudden and unexpected.

Really weird and abrupt segue.

I really hope there's going to be more to this feud than "you eliminated me from the Rumble."

OOOOOOOHHHHHHHH. Roman telling Taker to step aside.

There had to have been a better way to set up Roman vs. Taker. I'm mostly OK with it happening. I'd even be OK with Taker passing the torch if he's retiring this year or next year. It just seems... odd.

More wrestling coming up.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment