Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 16, 2017

NXT and ROH Reax - 3/15/16

Read on for my thoughts on last night's NXT and ROH.

-- NXT:
- Ealys promo:
They do speak! I kind of expected they'd go back to the background after that attack.

- Authors vs. Ealys:
The Ealys have some big size on them, but I don't think it's going to help them.

I like big guys just colliding like bulls.

Impressive domination by the champs.

- Ellering/DIY/Revival/Regal:
I'm liking the association of Paul and the Authors. He chose well!

Wow, guys. Algorithm's not that fancy of a word.

DIY might be able to do it. They've got the tenacity.

I can see why Scott and Dash are upset at not being at Takeover after such a string of big matches.

That could be a really big match!

- Machinery video:
Another hoss team to wreck things? Umm, yes.

- Asuka video:
I like the sun/moon references.

The champ's been dominant, but this arrogance could be her downfall.

Good work overall.

- Cross vs. Estrella:
I love unhinged Nikki.

Nikki's just insane.

This definitely stands out!

That match meant more than if Nikki would have done a 450 suicide hurricanrana or whatever.

- Post-match:
Well this is pretty crazy.

Nikki has NO FEAR.

I hope this sets up something crazy at Takeover.

- Black video:
I'm excited to see more from the former Tommy End.

- Oney/Almas:
I'm all for this match. Both men are good but Oney in particular could use some more flavor before getting a bigger role.

- Kassius interview:
Ohno's a little too laid back for my liking. I guess it's confidence.

- Roode interview:
I mean Bobby's got some good points. Roode has star written all over him.

- Roode vs. Ohno:
Hahaha Kassius surprising the champ!

This is good so far! Kassius is a pro, for sure.

I'm liking what Ohno's doing, and Roode's selling like crazy.

Roode's a top-tier athlete.

This is pretty solid!

Roode has a clear strategy here.

Ohno making the most of his size. I think I like him better like this than when he was working at a lower weight.

I like the cyclone kick more than I thought I would.

Both men are champion material.

I'm liking the counter wrestling here.

One heck of a match! It's a shame they can't both go on to face Shinsuke at Takeover (or can they?).

-- ROH: 
- Announcing:
It's weird to see Shelley not competing and Sabin being a singles guy. I haven't heard anything about Alex being inured or anything; not sure what's going on.

- Bucks vs. C2C:
The Bucks aren't champs anymore. Awkward.

Whoa, headlocks in a Young Bucks match????

There we go; time for gymnastics!!

 I HATE when people do flippy moves that intentionally take out their partners. For fuck's sake!

Same shit we see in pretty much every other ROH match. I just find it hard to care now.

The fancy moves and doubleteams are done well, which I guess is the point.

A wash. ROH needs some real changes.

- Post-match:
I did like the post-match.

- Lio/Rebellion:
The Rebellion had some serious potential to shake up the status quo in ROH, but it didn't happen.

A Rebellion beatdown would be a fine way to write Lio off.

Fine enough I guess. Everyone's just kind of treading water.

- Evans on commentary:
I like the idea of Evans evaluating the newer guys. They need someone experienced in that role. 

- Quinn vs. Stallion:
Boom. Quinn's the heel right out of the gate.

I'm glad this is a fight after that sneak attack. It wouldn't make sense to flip around with someone who sucker-punched you during a handshake.

I'm liking this alright!

Quinn's already showing some personality. That's good.

Ohh..... well, that was fun while it lasted, but I was hoping the guy who showcased more of what he's about would make it further.

- Cody/Page:
Man, Cody's all over wrestling TV!

I mean, I just saw Lethal at the PPV.

Cody still bragging about something from three months ago is kind of meh.

I like Page; they need to develop him more.

I'm all for a Bullrope match. It's a shame that show won't be a PPV.

- Castle vs. Gresham:
Good psychology to start.

I'm liking the technical showcase. It's a nice break from the first match.

This is a good match and good story developing.

Gresham's someone to keep an eye on; he's impressing me here.

NICE ending sequence. Both men did well here.

- War Machine vs. Whitmer/Martinez:
Now THIS is what I've wanted to see from ROH.

I'd enjoy Hanson and Rowe a lot more if they didn't do stunts like cannonballs and cartwheels. It takes away from what could be a badass team. They're more Highlanders than Wyatts.

Good physicality.

War Machine are too goofy with their offense. It's all fun and games (and stunts) instead of a big brawl.

I'm disappointed here. This could have been better without the Bronco buster kind of silliness.

OH MY GOD THAT CHAIR SHOT.

This is embarrassing. Who does some of this flippy shit in a NO DQ GRUDGE MATCH???

Martinez has potential. I hope he doesn't fall by the wayside.

Too many fancy moves.

Mercily, this farce is now over. PHEW.

- Post-match:
Dude WHAT??? Delirious' gimmick must be a shoot with some of this booking. That was OUT OF NOWHERE.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment