Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 23, 2017

NXT and ROH Reax - 3/21/17

Read on for my thoughts on last night's NXT and ROH.
-- NXT:
- Almas vs. Lorcan:
I like the contrast between these two to start. Andrade's much more at home as a heel.

I'm wondering why they tried Andrade as a face given how natural he is as a heel. Unless they wanted him to get practice in a new role?

Lorcan's focused.

I'm liking this a lot so far.

Almas is really solid.

Andrade's experience is showing here.

Oney's got a good base and puts in good effort.

OK, yeah, the "running strike" thing got a little old there.

NICE handspring kick.

Fine match! Both men showed good things.

- #DIY promo:
These two make good babyfaces. They're pretty naturally likeable.

I'm liking the chemistry these two have. That was good!

- Ember video:
Watch out for Ember. She might just surprise the champ.

- Asuka vs. Angel Rose:
Asuka's a good heel.

Asuka's a serious threat.

BAH GAWD SHE'S GETTIN WHIPPED LIKE A GOVERNMENT MULE!!!

I mean, Angel, what were you thinking!??

That was good. Just pure carnage.

- Asuka promo:
GOOD GAWD ALMIGHTY REF BREAK THE DAMN HOLD!!

I'm excited for Ember vs. Asuka.

- Revival promo:
I like these guys and their gimmick a lot.

That was AWESOME. I love the smugness.

- Roode/Nakamura video:
Bobby's having fun in this role (Maggle). Good to see him doing something fresh. 
 
I'm ready for these guys to have a big clash again.

I really wonder what's next for Shinsuke. He could jump right into a top title picture after Mania.

- Jose/Roderick/Tye:
I like that Jose can be fun and still bring it in the ring.

I loved Tye's line there.

- Ohno/Samson:
Hahahaah I love Elias. He and Eva Marie could combine to get Vickie levels of heat.

Wow, Kassius. Are you really eager to leave NXT AGAIN???

I expect Samson will be on Raw or Smackdown after Mania.

- Almas interview:
I'm excited to see Aleister again. That should be a good match.

- EY/Killian/Wolfe vs. Jose/Strong/Tye:
FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!

Fun so far.

This is fine.

Good work from the faces.

Roderick does what he does pretty well.

Solid work.

Ha. Good interference from Nikki.

The heels are just WILD. I love watching them.

I'm enjoying Killian especially.

Jose's someone to watch out for going forward. He's not just Dancing Gimmick No. 354.

This is heating up pretty well.

Please tell me we're getting a rematch of this at Takeover.

- Post-match:
They clearly don't care the match has been thrown out!!

HAHA Nikki has NO CHILL.

Oh, hey. New face coming out to even the odds!

Faces standing tall! Eight-person tag coming up??

-- ROH: 
- Silas/Bruiser vs. Cheeseburger/Ferrara:
Good to see heels being heels.

Cheeseburger's great at being the guy to get beat up.

Good teamwork from the heels.

Cheeseburger and Ferrara aren't bad at all.

More fine heel teamwork.

The babyfaces have some pluckiness to them. It works well.

Silas and the Bruiser are more acrobatic than usual. I'm not really upset; hopefully I won't have to see 30 more dives on this episode.

That wasn't bad at all! Good win for the heels.

- J. Woods vs. LeRusso:
I'm looking forward to seeing Josh again.

Woods is legit. Cornette would push him to the moon.

LeRusso's taking the "show ALL my cool moves" approach to impress ROH. That's kind of the problem with trying to showcase two opponents in one match.

I'm liking the way these two combine.

This isn't bad at all!

I'm liking Woods a good deal.

This is really solid!

NICE. Woods might be someone worth keeping around even if he doesn't win the tournament.

- Kenny vs. Lio:
I continue to wish Kenny was in NXT.

Good work to start.

These two work well together.

Rush isn't bad. He's less "spot monkey" here than he usually is.

I'm liking this.

And then we head into the "lots of flips and dives" part of things.

Oh God. And it started off so well!

Not bad, I auppose.

- Post-match:
Rush/Taylor would be an interesting teaming. Pretty sure Rush is about to leave, though.

Oh, boy. Randomly adding another black guy to The Rebellion isn't going to sit well with some. They have the reputation of being the act of black people Delirious doesn't know anything else to do with.

- J. Briscoe vs. White:
White works hard.

Damn. White's going all out.

MOVES match.

Briscoe's a tough dude, and a fine wrestler to boot.

This is fine enough as a fight.

Wow, they're doing the distance, huh?

I'm liking the trading of blows.

Not bad here; White's doing his damnedest to make the most of this opportunity and Briscoe's showing why he's a top guy here.

Ummm... why is that not a DQ??

I guess it doesn't matter, because White's not getting beaten from the table bump.

Briscoe's pretty vicious here.

Jay White is pretty much the "Fighting Spirit" create-a-wrestler come to life.

Mehhh. A good match that could have been a great match if they didn't go the trying too hard route.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment