Total Pageviews

Friday, March 24, 2017

Impact Wrestling Reax - 3/22/17

Read on for my take on last night's Impact Wrestling.

- Jan Ross graphic:
Really classy move. Nice work, Impact.

- Davey vs. Suicide:
I can buy Richards' pyscho technician persona. I'm definitely getting vibes of a certain Crippler.

Suicide's got some good moves, but I think Davey's going to maul him.

This isn't bad. There's the story of Davey being here to fight and Suicide trying to be more flashy.

Davey is showing a lot more personality here than he did as Guy Who Wrestles And Does A Lot Of Moves.

Suicide's game.

Huh. Davey's set to go out with a pretty good run if this is his last year in wrestling.

- "She's" coming back:
I'm intrigued, though I wonder if they're going to have too many authority figures.

- LAX video:
These guys bring something different and fresh to the tag team scene. I'm good with it.

 - Van Ness /Sienna:
OK, yeah, they've gotten all of this they can. Time to transition into something new for someone who's been hired to wrestle.

Someone please interrupt this! Where's Brooke?

It's getting time to wrap up the Allie/Braxton thing. It's getting long in the tooth.

I am intrigued about this surprise. Another new/returning face?

- Idris/Bah/Bokara vs. Shera/L. Kid/Garza Jr.:
I'm getting GFW vibes from featuring so many new international names. That's not a bad thing; they need to build up a new class of names.

Fine stuff here.

I'm generally not a fan of trying to feature so many new talents on one match.

I'm liking the heels well enough.

A lot of moving parts here, which makes it hard for anyone to stand out.

- Steve/Abyss vs. SCUM:
I'm liking the new team well enough so far.

Good dynamic here.

I really want to see Rosemary vs. Nikki Cross.

This is nice.

Wow, the Impact guys are really doing the job, huh? Good enough match, though.

- Fury teaser:
There are a number of options here. I hope it's Matt Morgan.

- Eli/Cody/Brandi/Moose:
Cody's one mean SOB. He's really come into his own post-WWE.

That was pretty nice. I'm really liking Cody in Impact and ROH.

Ahh. I'm mostly liking the new approach.

- LAX promo:
LAX is about to kill these crackas. BBBRRRRRRRRRRAAATTT.

I'm glad to see these guys back.

- Santana/Ortiz vs. Bram/Storm:
 MAN. LAX is all over these guys. Move over, Impact stars!

Hahahaha the faces are getting rocked!

Storm's doing alright for himself here.

DCC is DOA. I hope they're able to still do something good in the new Impact. I know Double J is a fan of James.

- Post-match:
And the DCC disintegration continues.

Oh yeah, Storm's getting a reboot.

- Lashley/Prichard:
This is kind of weird. Are they turning him face?

Lashley's a credible top guy. I hope for Impact's sake he's sticking around for a while.

- Allie/Braxton:
Glad to see this finally developing.

The Knockouts division could use some more attention. I assume it'll grow more once the wedding aftermath wraps up.

- ODB vs. Rebel:
Man, Impact clearly has a lot of people's contact info on file.

Kind of weird seeing Rebel as a heel, but ODB's someone who gets over as a face.

I'm not a huge ODB fan, but she's definitely popular.

This is weird as hell.

Yeaaaaahhhhh not my cup of tea.

- More Lashley/Prichard:
Oh yeah, Lashley's someone who could transcend Impact.

I'm liking the rebuilding of Lashley, even if I loved him as a vicious heel.

- Lashley vs. Holmes:
At least one Impact name won't be doing the job tonight. Right?

Hahahahaha this is fun.

Lashley coming across like an absolute wrecking ball.

- Karen/EC3/Mathews:
The cult of Jarrett in full effect.

I mean, this is definitely the house the Jarretts (Jerry, Jeff, and Jill) built.

How many non-wrestlers are they going to feature?

Hahahahahahaha Josh getting buried. I love it Maggle.

Yeah yeah yeah everyone here's great we get it.

Oooh. Real arrogance from EC3.

Oooooooooooooh I'm surprised they acknowledged Dixie.

GOD JOSH IS SO BASED AS A HEEL.

OH MAN. REALLY STIFF shot at Prichard.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Josh KILLING the Impact fans.

That was fun enough, but should the show have ended with non-wrestlers instead of Alberto?

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment