Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Smackdown and 205 Live Reax - 2/28/17

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Smackdown and 205 Live.

-- Smackdown:
- Bryan/Shane/AJ/Harper:
Classic Heel AJ.

Funny that AJ's burying Harper as a hillbilly given where AJ comes from.

Hahaha AJ's much more fun as something of a goofball who's still a great wrestler.

I'm ready for Luke to ascend as an important babyface.

- MizTV:
Hahaha I love Miz taking charge. I'm very glad we're done with Cena being the one who talks most of the time.

Miz is pretty inspired here. He's a great talker.

From Miz's viewpoint, even a big Mania win didn't end up mattering because Cena's the golden boy. Totally viable.

Miz laying into Cena is the right move, because John could easily cut him down with a silly insult about Star Wars or something and AA him right there.

I'm loving Miz here!

Wow. That was really something from Miz.

Cena's got a point, too. Pretty much everyone's pulled the "you're not a good wrestler and some of the fans don't like you and you're Vince's favorite" card.

Oh MAN. That shoot remark about not getting Taker was unexpected and awesome. I totally expect it was WWE-approved, but it was still somewhat surprising.

And Cena firing back, too! Promos have really been good and more natural lately.

OOOHHHHHHH. I love this!

I'm ready for this to pop off in a match.

I can't say I want to see Nikki and Maryse involved, but maybe Cena and Miz will carry this.

- Becky vs. Mickie:
-- Fall One:
Nice feeling out here.

I'm liking Mickie's mean streak.

And I'm liking Becky's fire.

Nice going so far.

-- Fall Two:
I love Mickie trying to put her away ASAP. You know, like she's actually trying to win a match.

Clever capitalization on Mickie's mistake there.

-- Fall Three:
Good game plan with both sides trying to get the decisive fall over a cunning opponent.

That was pretty good. I'm curious what the plan for the title will be for Mania.

- Harper promo:
I'm loving Luke's change. He's the same guy, but now he's turning his energy toward beating his former master.

- Bray promo:
FINALLY Wyatt's a top guy. I hope he doesn't get an RKO out of nowhere to see a new champion declared at WM33.

- Alexa/Natalya:
I love Bliss' selfishness.

Good heel promo.

So I guess Natalya's a tweener now? Whom should we be cheering between two despicable characters?

- AJ interview:
They're in a tough spot booking AJ at Mania. He'd be in an odd place feuding with the Wyatts, but anything else would be a demotion.

- AJ vs. Harper:
I like the story early. Both men can play a number of roles in the ring, which is good.

Two experienced names showing how it's done. I like it.

This is exciting!

I love that Harper can hit heavy, but also really move.

Great stuff. I hope we see more between these two.

That was pretty solid, and it looks like the controversy's going to continue. It makes for an interesting story.

- Shane announcement:
Ohhh.... so there's out setup for AJ vs. Shane at Mania. I'm sure it will be fun in the ring, but I can see why AJ should do something bigger.

- AJ vs. Harper, Part Two:
Nice attempt to win as soon as Harper could.

Uh-oh. Luke screwed up.

Big win for AJ, but will it last? Bray vs. Harper is the obvious route for WM33.

- Post-match:
Yeah, AJ's going to do something to end up facing Shane...

- Cena/Nikki/Carmellsworth: 
Haha I like Ellsworth and Carmella to a degree.

Squash match coming next week.

- AJ/Bryan:
The road to Mania should be pretty interesting.

- Ambrose/Hawkins/Corbin:
Hey look who's back on TV!

I assume taking that DDT pays more than the indies Curt was working.

Baron vs. Dean is going to be a blast.

Baron is smart for not playing by Dean's rules.

Dean's comedy is killing me, and not in the good way of it being hilarious.

- Neville promo:
I hope these get people to watch 205 Live. The wrestling is always good.

- Crews vs. Ziggler:
Apollo's going to need to show he's able to turn it up beyond being a good athlete. He actually reminds me of Dolph from years back going through the same problem.

A moonsault in a chairs match? Are you shitting me? Dolph's made this personal, and Apollo should be here to fight.

Apollo's losing me here. He's one heck of an athlete, but showing that's not really the point of a chairs match.

I like Ziggler bringing tenacity and meanness to the role.

Not bad, but could have been much better.

- Bray/Randy:
I hope Bray does become a dark phenom like Taker did.

Finally Randy lowers the boom. Hopefully now people will realize this was the plan the whole time.

Oh wow. I don't know if they ever really confirmed Abigail was dead before.

Well this is pretty weird. I guess Abigail is like Taker's urn?

Man, Randy's a cold dude.

Poor Abigail!

-- 205 Live:
- Gallagher interview:
They've done a good job making Neville a credible top guy. I expect that to continue at Fast Lane.


That was good enough in keeping with Jack's act.

- Noam vs. Dorado:
Hahahahahaha Noam's such a charmer.

Lince making the right move trying to win while Noam wasn't focused on the match. It's a competition, remember!

Dorado's a little too flippy for me at times. He does that well, but it can be overkill.

Nice technical work from Noam here.

This is solid enough action.

Dorado impressing me here.

Fine for what it was. Lince got some shine but Noam got the win before Fast Lane.

- Post-match:
Haha good times. How long until someone else tries to take Alicia from him or she costs him a match or something?

- Tozawa/Kendrick:
Akira's just here to smash someone's face in. I'm pleasantly surprised WWE is getting behind someone still working on English.

I like Tozawa's primal yells.

Brian carrying things from a promo perspective. He's been a really valuable part of this show.

As always, I like Kendrick turning this around on Tozawa like he's not the one who's been such a jerk.

Man, Brian burying Tozawa AND Minnesota.

- Nese/Gulak/Ariya vs. Cedric/Mustafa/TJP:
Good action, but it's all starting to be meaningless without these names being in a feud.

I like TJP a lot. He's got all you could want in a star his size.

Nice work from all here.

I like Gulak's style.

These guys are certainly talented.

This is basically a bunch of cool moves to kill time. Shades of ROH.

That was a good ending.

- Aries video:
I can't wait to see him back in action. He could be a big star beyond this show, but I'm fine with him working here for now.

- Neville/Gallagher:
I like Neville insisting things took a big jump when he came on-board, but not him sayign everyone else was mediocre.

Neville's doing really solid heel work.

Gallagher's a lot of fun. I'm OK with some comedy gimmicks here and there.

That was a good face moment from Jack. He might be a goof, but he's not a coward.

Oh, man. Neville's not going to cut his fellow Brit any slack.

Nice ending to the show.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment