Total Pageviews

Monday, February 18, 2019

Elimination Chamber Reax

Read on for my thoughts on last night's WWE Network special event.
-- Kickoff:
- Kickoff panel:
Oohhhhh boy I hope Roberts doesn't cause another stir.

- Ali promo:
It's still a tough break for Mustafa.

- Braun promo:
I fully expect interference in his match.

- Bar/HM:
Haha will Nicholas defend THE STREAK this year?

I'm glad these people are on the show in some capacity.

- Riotts/Flair:
Solid Squad promo.

This should be interesting.

- Mojo promo:
So umm is he going to be on the show or nah?

- Alexa promo:
I love her. So self-centered.

- Murphy vs. Akira:
I like the show starting off with some smooth wrestling.

OUCH chopping the ring post.

I like the contrast here.

Akira's impressive here.

That Frankensteiner was something else.

This is really good!

Damn. They both look strong in this one.

Another strong win for Murphy. He's definitely making a statement with this reign.

- New Day backstage:
I mean, I'm glad they're putting Kofi over, but during a match???

- Owens promo:
Well this is different.

I mean, I was asking for a new direction for KO. I'm giving this a chance.

-- Elimination Chamber:
-- Tag chamber match:
- Mandy/Sonya vs. Sasha/Bayley:
They were really in trouble if Sasha couldn't make this match.

Glad to see these women getting this opportunity.

Good use of the structure here.

- Mandy/Sonya vs. Sasha/Bayley vs. Liv/Logan:
WOW. I liked that headbutt.

Everyone's doing good work here.

- Mandy/Sonya vs. Sasha/Bayley vs. Liv/Logan vs. IIconics:
Hahaha I loved the opportunism there.

Solid work all around.

- Mandy/Sonya vs. Sasha/Bayley vs. Liv/Logan vs. IIconics vs. Naomi/Carmella:OK I'm liking the Carmella/Naomi team.

OH MY GOD that rana.

This is a lot of fun!

This is put together pretty well.

Fun stuff, although I can't say I don't want more Naomi and Carmella here.

- Mandy/Sonya vs. Sasha/Bayley vs. Liv/Logan vs. IIconics vs. Nia/Tamina:
Oh this is going to be a thrashing.

I loved the IIconics hiding. They're funny.

Damn. That was dominant.

- Mandy/Sonya vs. Sasha/Bayley vs. Liv/Logan vs. Nia/Tamina:
Good teamwork from everyone in this one.

Haha good strategy from Liv and Logan to get out of Dodge.

CRAZY cross body spot.

Man. Nia and Tamina look strong here.

- Mandy/Sonya vs. Sasha/Bayley vs. Nia/Tamina:
I loved the spear through the chamber. There's a chance someone else wins this one after all!

That was really good. This has been set up well.

- Mandy/Sonya vs. Sasha/Bayley:
Someone's going to go splat....

Jesus Christ that spear from Sonya.

That was really, really good. Great work from everyone.

- Post-match:
This is cool. WWE's really changed a lot in the last few years.

- Miz/Maryse:
Wow. Will Shane be the godfather?

- Miz/Shane vs. Usos:
I'm a little surprised they're letting the Usos wrestle. Hopefully Jimmy earns some stripes back.

Nice start.

Pretty good so far.

Shane's definitely giving it his all.

Shane takes some serious abuse. Jeez.

WHOOOOOAAAAAAAA I definitely didn't see that happening after the DUI. Maybe they signed new deals?

- Post-match:
I was just getting into their reign, too!

- Lashley/Lio:
I unironically want Lio to go around like he's the IC Champion.

- Lashley/Lio vs. Finn:
Solid work early.

I like how these three work together.

Lio's impressive.

Oh. Well. Missed opportunity to run with Lio as champion.

- Post-match:
I hope this doesn't mean the end of Lio on Raw.

- Flair promo:
She's great in this role. So much fun.

- Ronda vs. Ruby:
Damn. Riott's being squashed.

Hahah I appreciate the MK reference. Hopefully Ruby wins the title sometime down the line.

- Post-match:
Now this is fun.

I'm all for this headlining WrestleMania over Seth/Brock. All three are going to bring it.

- Braun vs. Baron:
Baron needs all the help he can get.

Not bad, but not up to what else has been on the show.

Aaaaaand here comes the screwjob.

Damn, three on one! I'd like to see Finn and Lio make this a straight up TAG. TEAM. MATCH.

I like this for what it is.

Pretty cool visual. Drew and Lashley are definitely the stars of their trio, though.

- Miz/Shane:
Man. That's sad. I finally got behind this team and now they've lost. WHHHHHHYYYYYY.

- Lacey:
Well at least she hasn't been forgotten about, I guess!

- Bryan/Rowan:
Ahhhhhh thank you Daniel.

So based.

-- WWE Title Chamber:
- Bryan vs. Joe:
This is a fun contrast with the other Chamber match.

Now this is heating up.

Also holy shit how cool is it these two are facing off for the WWE Title.

- Bryan vs. Joe vs. Kofi:
I love Bryan's strategy.

OH MY GOD that leap from Kofi.

This is pretty fun.

- Bryan vs. Joe vs. Kofi vs. AJ:
AJ continues to be a top wrestler.

I love AJ preventing Bryan from climbing again.

I'm loving how everyone interacts here.

That was a pretty cool move to beat Joe.

- Bryan vs. Kofi vs. AJ vs. Jeff:
I love seeing so many people fight at once.

OH MY FUCKING GOD THAT SWANTON.

Jesus Jeff is out to kill himself.

- Bryan vs. Kofi vs. AJ:
That was an amazing suplex spot.

- Bryan vs. Kofi vs. AJ vs. Orton:
Randy's in the driver's seat here.

NIIIIIIIIIICE RKO spot.

- Bryan vs. Kofi vs. Orton:
I would have exploded if Kofi beat Orton there.

OH MY GOD IT COULD HAPPEN.

- Bryan vs. Kofi:
Kofi having another career-making moment here.

Again, I love Bryan's tactics here. Smart wrestling.

They've set Kofi's story up so well here.

Ahhhhhhh Kofi's still in it!

This is INTENSE.

Oh shit Kofi be careful.

Ahhhhhhhhh Kingston did that to himself.

Heck of a match.

- Post-match:
Good to see Kofi honored for what he did.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment