Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Raw Reax - 2/11/19

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.
- Stephanie/HHH/Becky:
Ooohhhhhhh boy a Raw starting with McMahons in power. The more things change, the more they stay the same!

I like them catching us up on what's happening Sunday.

I'm glad Becky's taking action.

So Becky's unsuspended but not cleared. Interesting.

Imagine being so petty you'd jeopardize a key WrestleMania match if someone doesn't apologize.

Glad someone isn't taking Stephanie's shit.

Intrigue!

- Sasha/Bayley/Nia:
One drawback of the tag division is neither woman being able to do anything bigger while it's going on.

LOL Nia burying her and Tamina's size.

- Sasha/Bayley vs. Nia/Tamina vs. Liv/Logan:
I love the failed crossbody spot.

Nia looks indestructible. The Chamber should be wild.

Fine so far.

Uh oh. Are the writing Sasha out of the match?

I like this so far.

This isn't amazing, but there are some good parts to it.

Ooooh tough night for Sasha and Bayley (if Sasha even makes it).

- Finn/Becky:
I like the continuity. These two go way back.

- Elias/LHP:
I liked the running gag of Elias not getting to sing.

Uggggggghhhhh WWE's topical references often feel shoehorned.

Ehhhhh. Not sure this is the best use of LHP.

Pheeeeewwwwww.

- Mandy/Sonya:
I liked that for the most part.

- McIntyre vs. Finn:
Not bad while it lasted.

- Post-match:
Well this is fun.

Looks like we might be in for a big tag match.

- McIntyre/Corbin/Lashley vs. Finn/Angle/Strowman:
Teddy Long would be proud.

Angle works better in sprints like this.

Good work so far.

I like how this is put together.

- McIntyre/Corbin/Lashley vs. Finn/Angle/Strowman, restarted:
What happened to the ref's decision being final?

Drew's awesome.

I'm liking all of this.

Pretty good work.

- Owens video:
I hope we're in for something fresh. It's been good to have a break from KO, as awesome as he is.

- Becky interview:
I like this attitude.

- Cross vs. Ruby:
This is nice in the early going.

That was pretty good!

- Becky/Ronda:
Interesting logic from Rousey. I like her throwing the gauntlet down.

- Seth/Heyman/Ambrose:
I liked that fire from Seth.

Might as well feed Rollins to Brock, too, right?

Brock's main event run has been insanely stale. I don't blame people for clinging onto NXT, NJPW, and AEW in the hopes a different product will unseat Raw and Smackdown Live.

I do like Heyman putting others over.

Pretty good promo from Heyman.

I mean, yeah, it's definitely felt like a hostage situation.

I liked that, and it seems like they're teasing Seth doing something drastic to win. If they're thinking of turning him heel, it's an intriguing direction to say the least.

So wait is Dean face again? Jesus.

- IIconics promo:
So-so. At least they have a purpose now.

- Ambrose vs. EC3:
This is good so far.

Oh. Well. There certainly could have been more to that. I'm not sure why they went that route with Dean leaving in two months and EC3 being pretty fresh.

- Becky/Alexa:
Hahahaha I love Bliss' machinations.

They've done a good job building Becky here.

- Roode/Gable vs. Revival:
These names unsurprisingly do great work together.

This is smooth!

Nice work here.

Four great technical workers doing what they do best.

This is really special.

That was pretty cool! Everyone shined.

- Post-match:
The Revival really elevated themselves. More talent need to leverage their opportunities like they have.

- Becky/McMahons/Ronda/Charlotte:
I like the McMahons returning the favor with interrupting Becky.

I like the interaction here.

I'm a little surprised she apologized.

Wow. That was fairly simple and straightforward.

DAMMIT YOU ENTITLED MILLENNIALS THINK YOU CAN GET AWAY WITH ANYTHING.

That was good to set up a triple threat. Becky and Charlotte can both be elevated in this feud.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment