Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 14, 2019

NXT and ROH Reax - 2/13/19

Read on for my thoughts on last night's NXT and ROH.
-- NXT:
- Dijakovic vs. Thorne:
I mean at least Shane's getting booked on TV again.

Oh, this isn't a squash. My bad.

I like this so far.

Wow. That was pretty cool. I hope Dijakovic has a future.

- UE promo:
WWE is CRAZY if these four aren't moving on after WM35.

I liked that.

- Io/Kairi/Bianca:
I look forward to Io vs. Shayna.

Kairi the supportive friend. It's adorable.

Oooohhhh. Looks like we could have some friction.

- Humberto/Ervin/Ohno/Keith:
Dude I wouldn't blame a him a bit for leaving. He's hardly doing anything.

Well that was interesting.

- Humberto/Ervin vs. Profits:
I'd like to see more 205 names on NXT.

Hmm. This is solid so far.

HAHAHAHA just as I was about to praise Ervin's athleticism, he got speared.

That was pretty cool.

- Post-match:
Be careful what you wish for!

Wow  some of the other teams are a real dropoff from the Raiders and UE, huh?

Ha. Who else would have come out if the Raiders didn't show up?

Looks like it's not over between the Raiders and UE.

A lot of fighting here.

That was a lot of fun. I wouldn't mind a Tag Team Turmoil match.

- Gargano promo:
Pretty good stuff.

- Conti vs. Aliyah:
Wow. I didn't expect these two in a match together. NXT must be preparing for a number of top women leaving.

Wow, three women we don't usually see!

Conti's growing on me.

That wasn't bad. Looks like we've got a new alliance in NXT!

- Post-match:
Haha I was wondering if this was a setup for someone to get stomped.

That was BADASS.

- Ricochet vs. Cole:
This should be fun.

I'm fully behind Ricochet after initially questioning the hype.

I like the story with the leg.

Nice work so far.

I know it goes without saying, but these two are really good.

That one-legged springboard senton was something else.

I'm liking this.

That was cool!

- Post-match:
I'd love to see UE "banned from NXT" to get them on Raw or SDL. They've definitely been a nuisance.

We'll see where this leads.

-- ROH:
- Hollis/Skyler/Quinn/VE:
That wasn't a bad promo actually.

Really? These guys are going to be superstars?

Fine to showcase VE, although it feels like a step back from their recent more prominent Honor Club appearances.

- Hollis/Skyler/Quinn vs. VE:
You know I think I'm fine with a VE showcase match. PCO is unreal.

Fine work so far.

I'm loving VE's teamwork.

That was pretty badass!

- Post-match:
LOL ROH is so convoluted with things airing out of order.

Not sure if this feud is even still a thing.

- Kingdom backstage:
That wasn't bad actually.

- Lethal promo:
Yeah I think they originally wanted Lethal vs. Taven at Supercard.

- Aldis vs. Black:
Ooh I like this start.

I'm glad we're getting to see more of Aldis.

Ha. I like the mirroring of moves.

This feels pretty old school. Not that that's a bad thing.

This is really smooth.

I like this being kicked up a notch.

This is a fun change of pace from most ROH matches. Variety can be nice.

Oooooohhhh poor Camille.

I loved the spot with the ref at the end. Nice tease.

That was fun.

- Lifeblood promo:
Wow we finally see an introduction for a group that's already wrestled multiple times!

"ROH was founded by people who now wrestle in WWE!" At least he didn't mention the people wrestling at an NXT live event in Atlanta a week after this taped.

The handshake thing is SO cringe.

WHAT A SHOCK TO SEE THESE NAMES. I guess none of them talk.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment