Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 28, 2019

NXT and ROH Reax - 2/27/19

Read on for my thoughts on last night's NXT and ROH.
-- NXT:
- DIY:
We're definitely seeing something of a shift for NXT with the Raw and Smackdown Live appearances.

I expect Johnny will have more titles in his future.

I like Ciampa's logic.

Genius idea to tie things to the Classic.

Interesting.... I assume Ciampa would be in two title matches if DIY wins the Classic rather than not having to defend the NXT Title.

That was cool!

- Ricochet interview:
This should be a fun feud.

I do think UE was overlooked in the NXT cameos. They should get an opportunity after WM35.

I'm excited for KOR/Fish vs. Black/Ricochet.

- Johnny/Candice:
Candice needs to come to Raw and/or Smackdown Live soon, too.

- Aliyah/Borne vs. Conti/Li:
Just a matter of time before the Horsewomen get involved.

They've got their work cut out for them getting me to care about people we never see on TV but I'm glad people are getting opportunities.

This isn't bad. I like Li's kicks.

Fine enough. I guess they're testing out teams for the women's tag title.

- Dream/UE:
I feel like UE's goals are a little low after what Ricochet, Black, and DIY are doing.

I'm glad Dream has something to sink his teeth into.

- Bianca/Io:
Belair's getting an attitude!

- Dijakovic vs. Lee:
I like this!

I enjoy a match between mobile big men.

It's a shame Dominik was stuck in the PC so long. He's good!

That was pretty cool!

- Post-match:
Oh I definitely want to see more. Good move.

- Dusty brackets:
Glad to see so many solid teams represented here.

- Bianca vs. Io set:
That should really be enjoyable. Not sure if anyone can take Shayna, though.

- Boss+Hug promo:
NICE! We're definitely seeing NXT become more prominent.

Solid idea.

Oh I'm ready for this to happen.

I'm shocked no one came out to challenge them.

- Shayna vs. Mia:Mia's not backing down.

I like Mia's tenacity, but she's obviously in there with someone tough.

Shayna's making Yim pay here damn.

Good work so far.

Shayna's absolutely ready for Raw or Smackdown Live.

Very good work. Mia's a prospect for the future of the brand.

-- ROH:
- Sukai vs. Jenny vs. Rayne:
Well this is starting well.

They're working together well here.

Fun multiple submission spot.

This is enjoyable!

This is pretty intense.

Not bad at all.

- Juice/Tracy/Finlay/Haskins/Bandido vs. Lethal/Cobb/Flip/Gresham/Castle:
Wow Lethal made some good recruits.

I like the tease of heel Castle.

Interesting work early.

I loved the countered leap frog.

Solid work between Finlay and Lethal.

They're doing a good job showing what everyone does well.

Cobb vs. Haskins is pretty enjoyable.

I'm loving Castle's suplexes.

A lot of good workers here, and everyone's being kept fresh.

I loved Lethal changing tactics from the elbow drop idea.

This is pretty badass.

This match has a little bit of everything. I'm enjoying it a lot.

Oh man. Tough loss for Castle. Great work, though.

- Post-match:
The Code is usually really hokey, but handshakes make sense after that match.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment