Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Smackdown Live and 205 Live Reax - 2/19/19

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Smackdown Live and 205 Live.
-- SDL:
- Shane/Miz/Usos:
Nice. Glad Smackdown's not being left out of seeing the new names.

Miz has had it so rough you guys!

Interesting confession.

I AGREE. SHANE STOLE MIZ'S GLORY AT CROWN JEWEL.

Damn. Miz's dad never loving him is pretty sad.

I'm actually liking this side of Miz. WWE got me.

I do appreciate the consistency with automatic rematches.

I like how these names interact. I continue to wonder what's next for all of them.

Ahh Miz getting a rematch in his home town!

- Black vs. Andrade:
Now that's a perfect opponent for Aleister.

Smooth work!

They're evenly matched.

Haha one springboard too many from Black.

BADASS.

- DIY/Bar:
It is kind of weird to see them team, but I'm fine with it.

OK I did pop for the line about bringing an NXT star to work.

I hate the insinuation no one cares about NXT. Why would WWE bury their own show??

Not bad overall. Should be a hell of a match.

- J. Hardy/AJ/New Day:
Usual fun craziness.

- Bar vs. DIY:
Good to see Cesaro in there with similarly accomplished workers.

This is pretty fun. It's a nice change of pace to have new people in the mix.

I love the level of athleticism here.

Pretty fun!

- Asuka/Mandy/Sonya:
Damn Kayla way to bury your champion's importance.

Glad she's seeking a new challenge.

Eh.

- Asuka vs. Mandy:
Looks like they're seeing how many women can fit in one segment. Can Nikki Cross be next?

It's kind of sad Asuka's struggling against Mandy.

BOOOOOOOO. Man. After tapping out Becky, they really dropped her down the ladder on this show.

- Flair promo:
Good stuff.

- Miz/Shane backstage:
I'll mark out if Miz's dad turns on Shane.

- Ricochet vs. EY:
Ricochet does so much and makes it look so easy.

It is good to see Young wrestle again.

Damn. I'm glad Ricochet's not stuck on 205 Live.

Amazing as always.

- New Day interview:
Yeah Kofi's been at it for a long time.

So what's next for New Day if Kofi's a singles star?

- Owens promo:
Oh. Maybe he's coming to Smackdown.

- Bryan promo:
I love this. He reminds me a little bit of Damien Sandow.

He's right! Back of the line with all of you!

- Kofi/AJ/J. Hardy vs. Joe/Orton/Bryan:
Ahhhh heel Bryan is so fun.

Jeff Hardy with his bread and butter moves there.

I'm liking the Orton/Kofi stuff.

This is pretty crisp.

A little surprised Bryan went for a dive given all his talk about making sure his career is long.

WOW. Another showing for Kofi. He's got something worth investing in. I don't see him becoming WWE Champion, but surely he could do more with the U.S. Title than Truth can?

- Post-match:
That should be exciting! I hope Mustafa gets a shot when he's 100%, too.

-- 205 Live:
- Drake announcement:
That's not really the level of announcement I was expecting, but it's fine.

- Humberto vs. TJP:
I'm liking this already.

Haha Humberto's friends aren't pleased.

Impressive work from both men.

TJP's underutilized. He's great.

I'm liking what both men are doing here.

Absolutely amazing stuff.

Wow. Impressive.

- Post-match:
I'm surprised they're behind Humberto's antics.

- Nese promo:
Fine to sell the title chase.

- Kanellises:
Maria's dragging Mike to relevance. 

- Ariya promo:
Laaaaame generic heel promo. At least he's doing something, though.

- Ariya squash:
Wow that was bland. 

- Murphy promo:
I like Buddy's confidence. They're building him well. MAYBE there's a future for him outside this brand.

Solid work.

- Kanellis vs. Cedric:
A rematch from two ROH singles matches in 2011 and 2014. Cedric lost both. 

I like this start.

Pretty good so far. Basic, but effective. 

I like the back-and-forth here.

Pretty solid story going on.

I like Cedric's multiple pinfall attempts.

A countout win would have been unexpected but fine.

They're telling a good story of Cedric surviving.

Hahahahaha another L for Kanellis. Good.

- Tournament matches:
Should be fine enough.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment