Total Pageviews

Monday, March 11, 2019

Fastlane Reax

Read on for my thoughts on last night's WWE Network special event.

-- Kickoff:
- IIconics appear:
I like them shading Bayley and Sasha for not appearing at SDL. They appeared at an NXT live event in Florida for crying out loud! But that would be a brutal schedule to be on Raw live events and the SDL taping.

Hahaha they're not thrilled about working with Nia and Tamina again.

- Mandy/Sonya/EC3:
I REALLY hope they don't switch the title here after that big Rumble win.

Ehhhhhh. Hopefully there's more coming from EC3 than this.

- Truth/Andrade/Joe:
I like Andrade going for the U.S. Title.

I'm glad the title is on the show. Along with Joe!

- Aleister/Ricochet promo:
These two are starting to mesh well for two guys who are suddenly a duo.

- AJ on the panel:
I was definitely hoping we'd see him in some fashion. Obviously they're saving AJ vs. Orton for Mania.

So um what about the possibility of Owens vs. Kofi at Mania?

- Owens/New Day:
I like Owens and Kofi being cool with each other.

Interesting. Maybe Kofi gets a shot after all?

- Big E/Xavier vs. Shinsuke/Rusev:
I like this so far.

Yeah you see how important this is with them cutting away to Shane and Miz.

I loved the Big Ending counter.

This is pretty good.

Everyone's looking to impress here.

This has good drama for a Kickoff match.

Good work!

-- Fastlane:
- Usos vs. Shane/Miz:
It's still surreal to me Shane is in a title match in 2019.

I'm going to miss the Usos if they leave, although obviously AEW would benefit from having them.

This is pretty good.

Obviously Shane can't keep pace with wrestlers this much younger than him, but I don't think he's holding things back.

I liked the change to the Coast to Coast formula.

Yeah Miz maybe the frog splash wasn't a great idea.

- Post-match:
They did a great job convincing us this team was going to last through WrestleMania. I just wonder how much longer Shane will be in action.

- Drew/Corbin/Lashley:
It would definitely be big for them to beat The Shield.

- Elias song:
They could have had Cleveland's own Johnny Gargano interrupt. Missed opportunity, but at least Elias was on the show.

- Asuka vs. Mandy:
I'm worried about this one.

Mandy's not bad, but Asuka's at a whole different level.

Asuka's killing her.

PHEW. Big relief there. Kind of a waste of a feud, to be honest. At least put Sonya in there, too.

- Vince/New Day:
HAHA PAL THAT'S WHAT YOU GET FOR GRABBING THE BRASS RING MILLENNIAL.

- Kofi vs. Bar:
The Corporate Bar.

I like that Kofi isn't just giving in or taking his lumps.

I'm loving the double-teams.

AW COME ON THAT MAN HAS A FAMILY.

Hm, KO and New Day vs. Bar, Rusev, and Shinsuke incoming?

Big beatdown.

- BHC interview:
I was kind of hoping they'd call out the IIconics for their comments earlier.

- Another Elias song:
Yes because they clearly need to kill time on this show.

- Shane backstage:
WHY SHANE WHYYYYYY

- Revival vs. Roode/Gable vs. Aleister/Ricochet:
Good so far.

I'm glad the tag division stepped up and made something happen. That's what the brass ring talk was all about - realizing your worth and bargaining with it.

I like what everyone's pulling off here.

JESUS THAT FRANKENSTEINER.

That was a lot of fun. Everyone looked good.

- Post-match:
Whoa that was NOT sportsmanlike.

I hope we get TLC or something at Mania with these three teams.

- Charlotte/Becky backstage:
That was cool. Nice contrast between the two.

- Joe vs. Andrade vs. Truth vs. Rey:
I'm glad this was added.

I'm liking this tornado action.

Everyone's performing at a high level.

I love how smooth this is. Andrade and Rey really know each other well.

OK I loved that Gory Bomb spot.

This is impressive!

Nice use of Vega and Carmella.

EVERYONE looks game here.

Now that was a cool ending. Joe earned that win.

- BHC vs. Nia/Tamina:
I love Nia's power.

I like how both teams work together.

I'm glad more women are getting spots due to this title.

I liked the spot where Bayley hit the dive to save Sasha.

Not bad. Not excellent, but not bad.

- Post-match:
Looks like we might see a rematch at Mania.

Oh shit maybe Beth has another match in her?

Oh I'd be fine with a Divas of Doom reunion.

- Bryan vs. Owens vs. Ali:
I love that everyone hates Bryan.

It's great to see Owens and Ali back in action.

This is pretty good.

There's some cool offense here.

I'm impressed with all three men here.

OUCH that back body drop on the apron.

This is pretty badass.

I like the use of Rowan here. Poor Bryan is outnumbered!

Ali's agile!

That was a cool ending! I'm curious what's next for Owens and Ali if Kofi's facing Bryan.

- Post-match:
Well at least Ali got his title match.

- Becky vs. Charlotte:
I expected this to headline, but we have seen it quite a bit.

Charlotte's going to enjoy dismantling her.

Nice psychology.

I definitely prefer heel Charlotte.

That was just getting good! Maybe it was wise to save more for Mania, though.

- Even more Elias:
Yeah this is lame.

Wait does that make Orton a face? I'm confused.

At least Orton and AJ were on the show.

- Shield vs. Baron/Drew/Lashley:
This could really be the last televised Shield match.

Nice start.

Good to see some good teamwork here.

I'm liking this.

All good so far.

Dean's likely having one of his last WWE performances here.

I do enjoy Drew and Lashley.

Ha. Dean playing his hits from his face days.

The Shield is a well-oiled machine as always.

Oh cool I love a big brawl.

I'm loving all this outside the ring.

I like how this match has been set up.

I would have popped for the heels doing the triple powerbomb to Roman.

I'm really liking this.

Badass ending.

- Post-match:
Pretty great. I'm curious where everyone goes next.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment