Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Smackdown Live and 205 Live Reax - 3/19/19

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Smackdown Live and 205 Live.
-- SDL:
- Miz promo:
I love Miz coming to the realization about the errors of his past.

Great moment for Miz.

Are we in for an anti-McMahon revolution?

That was all good.

- IIconics promo:
They keep teasing an NXT team going for the title soon. Maybe at the June Takeover?

I expect a quick tapout win for BHC.

- BHC vs. IIconics:
And there's this episode's Lacey appearance.

Wow. The IIconics are doing better than I expected.

Whoa. I... whoa. They actually won. Other than Super Show-Down in their home country, that was their first televised win since April 24.

- Mysterios:
Pretty cool to see Dominic again. He's much taller than Rey!

Hmmmm I don't know if introducing family is a wise idea with Samoa Joe after that whole Wendy thing.

- KO Show:
Ehhhhhhhhh talk shows are getting stale.

Owens is left out of things with Kofi's push.

I do like the dynamic of Owens looking at how friendships come apart.

OK Owens can definitely stir things up.

I can get behind this segment.

Haha Owens set that up well.

I'm sure Ronda appreciates her opponents beating each other up.

I always enjoy security being destroyed.

Ahhhh good stuff.

- AJ interview:
I love the contrast between Orton and AJ. AJ definitely made himself look like an underdog with that one.

- Bryan promo:
Ahhhhhh Bryan's twisted logic.

I love the callbacks to Bryan's rise.

VERY fun promo. I love how Bryan's character has progressed.

- Gauntlet match:
-- Kofi vs. Sheamus:
There's a good story here of how each opponent just has to wear Kofi down for the next segment of the match. They don't need to take any unnecessary risks.

Good work between these two.

Haha Cesaro with the assist.

Um yeah maybe hit your finisher before pointing to the sign.

Kofi is very talented.

Honestly Sheamus should be used more as a singles star, too.

Pretty good stuff!

-- Kofi vs. Cesaro:
Haha Cesaro is fired up!

NICE tilt-a-whirl backbreaker spot.

I like that so many wrestlers are interested in how things will go here.

Uggggh the swing is such a lame move.

Cesaro's a solid technician.

Pretty fun work.

-- Kofi vs. Rowan:
Interesting strategy from Rowan. It's also notable we didn't see a long match from him. Are they covering up for his ability level compared to the other opponents?

-- Post-fall:
Ha. They really did a number on Kofi there.

-- Kofi vs. Joe:
Oh Joe's going to murder him.

I'm a little concerned if Joe can't beat someone who's taken this much punishment.

That was a pretty cool counter.

-- Post-fall:
Yeah Joe's pissed. I'm glad they protected him after that pinfall.

-- Kofi vs. Orton:
You had a good run, Kofi...

Hahahahahahahaha Orton calling Kofi stupid is a great callback.

I love sadistic heel Orton.

Ahh the classic Orton Stomp.

I love that Kofi was too spent to win with the Trouble in Paradise.

Ahhhhhhhh that crossbody spot would have been a heartbreaking ending.

Superhuman win for Kofi. Bryan's WM30 performance comes to mind here.

- Post-match:
Ahh classic vindictive Vince.

God what a dick move. I love it.

- Kofi vs. Bryan:
Honestly Bryan should have gotten the win pretty much instantly after all Kofi went through.

Jesus Kofi's just going to survive everything, huh?

That rollup off the dropkick would have been an even more insane win.

Kofi still having that level of energy is unbelievable.

Boom. Glad Kofi was brought down to Earth. Hopefully the faces go on strike to get him in the title match now.

-- 205 Live:
- Contender promos:
I don't dislike these as an idea to catch people up on what's going on.

- Maria promo:
Please lose please lose please lose.

- Kanellis vs. Tozawa:
Nice start.

This is heating up well.

Kanellis looks motivated. I like it.

Jesus what a Falcon Arrow.

Ahhhhhh well at least the match was worth him sticking around.

- Cedric/Murphy/Nese:
Not bad shade here.

I liked the seed of doubt from Nese about whether the title will come between him and Murphy.

- Match next week:
Sounds pretty good.

- Cedric vs. Nese:
Good start.

I like the pacing here.

Honestly today's stars are so athletic a double jump moonsault isn't even a surprise anymore.

I like what both men bring to the table.

Ooh being stuck in the ropes sucks.

I'd like to see two people stay down for a ten count every so often.

Amazing athleticism here.

Jesus they keep on delivering.

Pretty fun.

- Post-match:
That was cool.

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHAHA Murphy you devious bastard.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment