Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 28, 2019

NXT and ROH Reax - 3/27/19

Read on for my take on last night's NXT and ROH.
-- NXT:
- Gargano/UE:
It is good to see Cole finally take the spotlight in NXT. He's been used a lot, but not this prominently.

I like the back-and-forth here.

They're making the most of a bad situation here.

I like the contrast in their roads to NXT.

Great face promo from Gargano.

I mean, really, Gargano has given a LOT to NXT. It's time for him to do big things on Raw and Smackdown Live.

It seems to me like UE is itching to get involved in that match.

- Borne/Aliyah vs. Lane/Catanzaro:
At least Aliyah is already down to one name!

Fine so far.

Oh well! So much for these names getting to prove themselves to Sasha and Bayley!

- Post-match:
I like Aliyah and Vanessa just leaving.

I did like Kacy escaping.

Yeah it's time for Shayna to move on after WrestleMania. She's conquered NXT.

- Riddle vs. Reeves:
I like this so far.

Hahahaha Dream's entrance.

Oh shit Reeves stealing Kurt's finisher before he even retires!

Pretty cool.

- Post-match:
I like the contrast here.

Fun stuff.

- Kairi vs. Bianca next week:
Should be fun.

- Black/Ricochet vs. Cutler/Blake:
I like the intensity before the bell.

I like the Sons. They're rugged and bare bones in an effective way. That's a nice contrast to flashier teams.

Ricochet just pulling off insane moves because he can.

Solid teamwork from the heels.

I'm really loving the Black/Ricochet team.

I'm impressed with the faces. War Raiders better bring their A-game if they win.

Ricochet does things that shouldn't be humanly possible.

The Sons have potential down the line.

Hahaha good one, Ryker.

Really great ending.

- Post-match:
That's going to be a LOT of fun.

-- ROH:
- Williams/Juice/Bandido vs. Castle/Boys:
I like this start.

Interesting work between Castle and Juice.

Something of a comedy match so far.

This is something else.

Kind of an odd mix of wrestlers here.

Poor Boy Two with the failed crossbody.

At least we're seeing some good athleticism here.

I liked that!

- Lethal promo:
Imagine thinking Jay Lethal sold out MSG instead of The Elite.

Ooooh this was clearly taped before 17th anniversary.

- Briscoes promo:
I am glad they get to wrestle at MSG.

- Mack vs. Rhett:
These two are probably going to be in the Honor Rumble if they're in MSG at all.

I like this start.

I'm enjoying Mack.

This is heating up pretty well.

Mack is someone to keep an eye on going forward. I'm glad Impact and ROH get to use him.

Good work.

- Bully promo:
Of course, PCO also wrestled in MSG.

Bully ending his career in MSG would be a great sendoff, right? He could go away then, right?

- Lethal/Gresham vs. C2C:
Fine so far.

I hope Shaheem doesn't go to WWE. They can only have one Ali.

Fine enough work here. I can't help but think Lethal and Gresham should be doing something more important, though.

I like the Lethal/Gresham team.

Not bad at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment