Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Raw Reax - 3/11/19

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.
- Shield/Heyman/Shelton:
Well looks like they've all got other plans now that The Shield reunited.

The Shield was a nice break from LADIES AND GENTLEMEN I'VE BEEN DOING THIS SAME PROMO FOR YEARS.

At least Seth is dunking on Heyman and Brock instead of the usual.

Heyman has a good point about preparation.

Huh. Didn't see that coming. Shelton and Brock were college teammates.

- Rollins vs. Shelton:
It's nice to see Benjamin actually doing something.

This is impressive.

Ha Benjamin trying to emulate Brock.

Not bad.

- Finn vs. Lashley:
I'm curious what these two do at WrestleMania.

Nice work between these two.

Smooth as always, and I love what each man brings to the table.

Ahhhhh based Lio.

That was pretty good. I wonder if Finn's being set up for something new.

- Corbin promo:
So-so. I'd like to think WWE has enough talent after the WrestleMania callups and brand switches to shove Corbin aside.

- Ronda/Dana:
Ugggghhhhh breaking the fourth wall for shock value.

Dana's going to be a sacrificial lamb.

I like Dana wanting to get a chance to do something.

I do enjoy Ronda wrecking people.

- Aleister/Ricochet vs. Roode/Gable:
I like how these names are working together.

I'm glad Roode and Gable can shine again. No more working with The Ascension.

That was good!

- Post-match:Looks like there's unfinished business here.

- Moment of Bliss:
Oh no another guest host.

Oh. Well. I think I can live with that.

- Braun/SNL:This is just.... sad.

I mean it's fun to see Braun destroy things, but this could really be a cringeworthy crossover.

- Elias/Jose:
This is SUCH a waste of time. Move Elias to Main Event.

Looks like we are seeing Jose with his new look.

So what's this leading to? Elias vs. Honky Tonk Man?

- Natalya promo:
I'd be fine with the Divas of Doom challenging for the women's tag title, but I'm not sure I want them facing Nia and Tamina by themselves at Mania. Not when Sasha and Bayley could be involved.

- Natalya vs. Nia:
And here's your tease for a Phoenix reunion.

- Post-match:
Oh they've GOT to have her in the ring after that.

- BHC/Nia/Tamina:
So much for BHC vs. the Sky Pirates at Mania, I guess?

- HHH/Batista:
It's the (at least) yearly "HHH needs to present himself as a badass" display.

Of course Batista knows HHH's tricks!

I like HHH not giving Batista another shot in the spotlight. Batista's the one who needs something here, not HHH (who will probably be back in the ring by May's Saudi special regardless).

I popped for the Guardians remark.

How long before they discuss why Batista "really" left, you know, so we know it's a shoot?

Ha. No Holds Barred means they can hit each other with chairs and stuff and not be expected to do anything too taxing or technical.

- Angle promo:
Hmmmm I wonder who will be his final opponent? Cena would be AWESOME.

- Angle vs. Crews:
VINTAGE Kurt Angle.

This would be amazing if they had the time and Angle was in his prime.

- Post-match:
Pretty cool. I hope Crews doesn't disappear again.

- Reigns/McIntyre/Rollins:
Well that's definitely more interesting than Corbin being in the ring again.

What Roman's going to be gone again already?

- Shield/HHH/McIntyre:
Kind of weird HHH stopped him.

- Ambrose vs. McIntyre:
I love Drew's aggression.

I'm liking this.

Haha I love when things get rowdy around the venue.

Drew has some real anger in this one.

Nice use of weapons and such.

That was pretty badass.

- Post-match:
I'm all for a big hardcore match between these two at Mania.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment