Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Smackdown Live and 205 Live Reax - 3/12/19

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Smackdown Live and 205 Live.
-- SDL:
- Shane promo:
Finally confirmation that Shane inserting himself in the BITW tournament and beating a guy in his third match of the night was a heel thing to do.

Maybe this heel turn will mean Pete Gas returns?

I get the feeling Shane will be wrestling at WrestleMania 40. Maybe even 45 and 50!

That should be fun at Mania.

- Aleister/Ricochet/Hardys vs. Shinsuke/Rusev/Bar:
I love the Black/Ricochet tandem.

It's very good to see Matt at 100%.

I like this so far.

Everyone's keeping themselves fresh with all these tags.

Pretty basic/simple stuff, but effective.

Whoaaaaaa the Swanton didn't end it???

Oh. Well. So much for an ending that showed one team was better than the other.

- Post-match:
Nice revenge from New Day, although I hope Kofi isn't stuck working with them at WrestleMania.

I was expecting the Usos vs. the Hardys at WrestleMania, but maybe they have multiple challengers?

- Orton/AJ:
DING DING DING Orton and Cena built Smackdown LONG before AJ arrived.

Kind of funny to hear a Dixie Carter reference. Does this mean EC3 can be her aunt again?

Everything is a worked shoot now.

Ohhhh boy. This is trying a little hard to be personal.

I did like the landlord line.

- Asuka vs. Sonya:
This is already better than Asuka vs. Mandy.

Asuka dismantling both of them. Maybe Sonya will drop Mandy now?

- Post-match:
Sonya grasping her singles potential works for me.

- IIconics promo:
Yeah they hardly feel like WrestleMania opponents for BHC.

- Becky/Charlotte:
Becky has had a really long, winding ride to WrestleMania.

I'm glad Becky sees Ronda's help as a blessing.

I'm ready for Becky to win.

I love Charlotte's arrogance.

Charlotte's shade game is STRONG.

Charlotte did put some cracks in that glass ceiling before Becky got to break it with Ronda.

- Bryan/Rowan interview:
Right? Shouldn't Bryan have some say in his WrestleMania title match?

- Rey/Truth vs. Joe/Andrade:
So much for that advertised U.S. Title match!

Pretty fun so far.

Good to see Joe do submissions again.

These names are all fun together.

I'd love to see Cena work with Truth at Mania in some fashion.

Nice work here.

Surprising ending, but I imagine more is coming.

- Post-match:
Ooh Joe and Andrade aren't friends, I see.

- Bryan/Rowan vs. Owens/Ali:
Rowan is a nice foil for someone like Ali.

I'm liking this so far.

I liked the butterfly superplex.

This is heating up well.

Haha Rowan countering flashy offense.

- Vince/New Day/Orton/Joe/Bar:
Haha Vince as manipulative as ever.

I'm worried we're in for Kofi vs. Vince.

If New Day said they were leaving for AEW, I'm sure Vince would change his tune!

Actually we have quite a few demands, but Kofi going for the title is a nice start.

Hahaha Vince playing off his real perceptions of who is and isn't main event material.

Vince is pretty funny here.

I LOVED the B+ Player callback.

I like the idea of talents cashing in all they've done for the company in order to gain opportunities.

GODDAMN PAL KOFI'S GOT A LOT TO OVERCOME.

Hopefully Kofi has some friends who stand up for this injustice rather than him beating that many people clean.

-- 205 Live:
- Gulak promo:
Not bad. I just can't get excited for the same people doing the same things.

- Nese promo:
I liked the props to Drew.

- Oney promo:
I liked this showcase of Oney.

- Cedric promo:
Cedric is pretty nondescript. This show needs some personality.

- Murphy promo:
Everyone complimenting everyone else is a little bland. Let's not make this ROH.

- Oney vs. Cedric:
I like this start.

So glad to see a fresh face on this show.

I like what these two are doing.

Cedric's got a lot of athleticism.

This is pretty fun.

Cedric looks good here.

Heck they both look good here.

Fun stuff.

- Kanellises/Drake:
Yeah I'm fine with the Kanellises being moved to live events and dark matches.

Whoa Colby Corino was NOT a rookie.

I love the tease of Kanellis being done if he loses. By all means, put him in there with Humberto or someone and write him off.

- Ariya promo:
I'll believe he can hang with bigger names when I see it. 

- Nese vs. Gulak:
Smooth work early.

I'm a sucker for back-and-forth mat work.

I like the aggression here.

They're telling a good story here.

Very impressive athleticism from Nese.

Both men are doing great stuff here.

This is really evenly matched.

Nice drama here.

Ahhhhh classic ending. I feel like we got a pretty good match before that ending, so I'm fine with it.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment