Total Pageviews

Friday, February 3, 2012

Query on Devon's sons, Smackdown taping dark match, Slaughter visits USO, Questions on Ron Simmons, Steiner, Murphy, Y2J/Taker, Foley, and a dance-off, new wrestling-based show in the works for the Network, JoMo and Sting interviews, and a new WWE signing

First up Thursday is a query:
1. I haven't seen anything about Devon's sons being used any more in TNA, which is generally an indication that they don't have plans for them. I was curious as to where they were going with that angle (namely whether they'd wrestle), but it doesn't look like we'll be seeing anything else with them.

The pre-show dark match at the Smackdown taping saw The Usos defeat Curt Hawkins and Tyler Reks. That wouldn't have been out of place on NXT or Superstars. They could very well have been worried about running long again.

Sgt. Slaughter visited the USO.

As for my take on PWInsider.com's questions of the day:
1. He should definitely go in at some point down the line, along with JBL. Their success as singles' and tag team competitors is worthy of commemoration. I definitely see it happening, since as far as I know he's still on good terms with the company.

2. I haven't seen anything on Murphy in a LONG time, including anything about him being used in OVW. Either way, he hasn't been on TNA's roster in quite a while, leading to speculation that he'd been kicked to the curb. If there's anything on him in regards to the company, I'll be sure to post it.

After the break, I go into the rest of the day's news and questions, starting with an alternate storyline with Chris Jericho.

3. Outside of the "using the Rumble to go for something other than the WWE or World Title" part, that would have been great. Especially with the "end of the world as you know it" hype.

4. Even if Cena wasn't facing Rock, I don't think that'd be a good idea. I don't know how many times they can use the "Mick Foley going back to his hardcore roots" angle before it ceases to have meaning. Though I think there'd be part of the audience who would go crazy for it, I wouldn't consider it great and don't think they should spend that much TV time on a part-timer.

5. Hmm. It's tough to say since the times and dance styles are different. Brodus is in the best shape as far as agility goes, and I think that should count for something. I'd be really surprised if the ring collapsed. It's been through worse.

WWE is looking to bring in a number of Cruiserweight-style wrestlers for a show on the WWE Network, which they could shoot regularly in the Sunlife University in Florida. Interesting. That's not really "my thing", but I think it could be worth a shot.

The former John Morrison talked about his WWE career and future while promoting a show in Manila. I totally agree about Vince McMahon.

Sting discussed a number of TNA topics. As much as I prefer him as an authority figure, I hope he isn't completely stuck in that role because of his injury. TNA definitely grew as a business in 2011, but I can see how some would be upset with a number of the decisions they made throughout the year (a lot of reliance on older names and "going back to the well" until the last couple of months).

Finally, WWE has signed OVW talent Marcus Anthony to a developmental deal. Hopefully he'll be someone to watch in the years to come.

That's it for Thursday's news. More to come later. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment