Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Query on Jackson Andrews, mascot part of live event, Questions on Taker cutting his hair, Cena vs. Rock, Punk vs. Chris Brown, HHH vs. Taker, and "What" chants, note on Cena, Kendrick released, more on Aries' comments, another Trish interview, Smackdown replay rating, Rock responds to criticism by wrestlers, UFC fighter at Raw, and what happened after Raw

First up, a query: I'm not 100% sure why Jackson Andrews (Tyson Kidd's bodyguard for a cup of coffee in late 2010) was released, but I seem to remember that he was sent back to FCW when they didn't feel that he was ready for the main roster. While I've gotten a number of queries on him over the course of this blog, I've seen precious little on him since his release.

The University of Oregon mascot worked with R-Truth on the 2/26 live event. I guess he's not afraid of ducks like he is with spiders.

As for my take on Monday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. Maybe they're looking at it from the standpoint that Taker last appeared with long hair, so they "need to explain" why he doesn't have as much hair anymore. I don't really know what (if anything) they're referencing either, nor do I know how cutting his hair would make him more of a challenge to HHH, but I'm sure there could be some kind of kayfabe explanation.

2. Yeah, if you're going to accuse WWE of forgetting something important, make sure they actually forgot something important. I think they did tease it being a title match when Cena was Champion at the Rock appreciation night thing, but it wasn't official. I agree that the title should be separate.

3. I don't think so either. I'd be pretty ticked off if it was a work just to play off Brown's notoriety.

After the break, I go into everything else from Monday, starting with another HHH/Taker feud questions.

4. I think that was just the straw that broke the camel's back. He was clearly ticked off before then; that just set him over the edge.

5. The only specific person I've heard who really hated (hates?) it is Triple H, though I'm sure there are quite a few people who are pretty sick of a chant that's over a decade old. There are times when it does get overbearing and takes away from the promo it's interrupting, like Taker's recent promo.

Had the Daytona 500 not gone on tonight, John Cena was going to return to the area to do his announced duties. That's admirable.

Brian Kendrick has been released from TNA. There had been talk of him departing, but nothing official until now. He hadn't done anything of note in quite a while and his character had really run its course, so I'm ok with this. I enjoyed him up until his most recent character incarnation, especially with Ezekiel in WWE. I don't expect him to return there given some of his comments about his time there.

TNA spotlighted the recent in-character comments by Austin Aries about Sting main eventing Victory Road after they generated buzz online. Clever!

Trish Stratus talked to IGN about her new movie, the current Divas division and more. Maybe she's right about the current gimmicks. It's refreshing to hear a well thought-out opposing viewpoint.

Smackdown did a 1.5 in its normal Friday timeslot, hopefully making up for the surprisingly low rating they got for Tuesday. I'm guessing some people either forgot the Tuesday airing or weren't aware of it (or had other plans), so stuck with what they were used to.

The Rock responded to his critics in the WWE locker room. It is all about making money at the end of the day. If WWE doesn't think they can do that with someone, they'll keep going back to the well until it's draw.

Chael Sonnen of the UFC was in attendance at Raw. He's from the area.

After Raw ended, The Rock talked about his time in Portland and his dad promoting in the Northwest. He heeled a Cena fan and played to the crowd before the main event of John Cena beating Kane via Attitude Adjustment.

That's all for Monday's news. More to come tomorrow. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment