Total Pageviews

Monday, February 13, 2012

TNA Against All Odds thoughts

Tonight TNA puts forth their second PPV of 2012. Bobby Roode will defend his World Championship against Jeff Hardy, James Storm, and Bully Ray. Sting will be the special enforcer to prevent a cheap escape by the champion. Also, 3 other title matches line the card and some grudge matches bring clashes together. Read on for my thoughts on the show as it happens.

Interesting beginning to the show. I don't know how I'd feel about Hardy as champion given his issues outside of the ring.

Sorry to hear that about Taz. I send him my best regards at what must be a trying time.

Ion cracks me up with the "prettiest wrestler" gimmick. At least it's something better than "spot monkey #58".

HAHA. Loved the football spot. I hope that kid was either in on it or will get the ball back.

OOOOUUUCCCCCCCHHHHH.

Yeah, maybe we should cool it with some of the particularly dangerous high-flying maneuvers.

Good promo by Roode, as always. Very glad he's a heel now.

Oh. I guess that's ok for this match. Got my hopes up for a big debut or return when it wasn't really pushed as such.

Shannon Moore kind of needed a re-introduction after his partners left.

And we're right back to dangerous high-flying moves.

Pretty good for what it was.

These two are putting it all out there early as well.

I cringe at the thought of a Gail/Madison feud, though it would make sense from a story perspective (and that's why I fantasy booked it).

I'm never going to be able to see that move without thinking of Michael Cole calling it from NXT Season 3. Freakin' hysterical in its own stupid way.

Yeah, that's going to hurt in the morning.

Shockingly, no Rayne run-in. Not that I'm complaining.

This one should be good.

Now, this is good storytelling. Nice change of pace from the X-Division.

You know, not every match has to be people beating the ever-loving crap out of each other and taking tough-looking bumps.

I'm fine with them becoming tag champs. They've worked really hard to be rejuvenated these past few months. Congratulations.

I think I'd actually be ok with Bully Ray winning the title as strong as some of his performances have been lately.

Ugh. Dueling chants. This is why I hate the Impact Zone sometimes.

Good heel tactics from Aries, but of course that's taking a backseat to high-impact moves.

This one's really picking up. Good story of competition, even if the medium is beating the crap out of each other with big moves that are hardly being sold.

That was a pretty impressive ending sequence. I won't deny that they worked hard.

Pretty good wrestling amidst all the high-flying and innovation.

Pretty big moves and spots. They definitely worked pretty hard. I'm just burned out on big spots and bumps.

Good promo from Bischoff. Though he's obviously a character from a previous era, he can still get the job done in his role.

They're doing their best here working around the inexperience factor.

Thank God that wasn't TOO Hogan-heavy (him getting physically involved inside the ring). Good story told.

I love the interaction between Roode and Bully Ray. They could very well be the two best characters in TNA.

Great psychology with everyone here.

Hilarious Beer Money spot.

Getting pretty tired of the Tower of Doom spot.

Great spots from all four. This is getting chaotic.

AWESOME ending. They've really got something with Roode as champion working against Sting. Character-wise, the two of them facing off will be a pretty big deal.

That's it for my coverage of Against All Odds. I'll be back for Raw tonight, and a news post will be up later as well. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment