Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 24, 2017

Best in the World Reax

Read on for my thoughts on last night's ROH PPV.

- Opening video:
I'd like to see Cody take the heel ball and run with it here, but the Bullet Club would have to be treated as a serious force instead of goofs doing superkicks for that to be made all its worth.

- Commentary:
Interesting choice for color commentator. Totally makes sense, though.

- Vinny/Taven vs. Ultimo/Terrible:
Oh, man. So much for the Kingdom being a force against the CMLL legends.

I like the lucha names already.

Wow. The Kingdom getting thrashed here.

It might need to be three-on-two for Team ROH to win.

Haha the CMLL guys just imposing their will. I like it. It's a nice change of pace.

Please give us more of Ultimo and Terrible.

Hahahahah The Kingdom just getting NOTHING in on these guys.

OK, they're finally getting some DIVES in.

ROH is in trouble if they're trying to get these guys over as the future of wrestling.

MAN, Vinny and Taven just getting SONNED here.

Well that's enough dives for one night.

- Kazarian vs. Page:
Interesting take on the strap match. Worth a try.

I like this kind of thing.

It kills the credibility of a serious fight to pull out a fancy dive move.

God Hangman's just destroying him.

I like when Page has his vicious streak and stays away from the flippy stuff.

I'm liking this overall.

OH MY GOD Page stealing his strap and throwing it away was GENIUS.

his is a good heel vs. face story now.

Page can be one evil son of a bitch. I like it.

OH MY GOD THAT NAIL STRAP!

This is nice.

Kazarian taking thatnail  strap to the back was hard to watch. Jesus.

NICE fight on the outside. This is some biblical shit.

That was something special.

- Search & Destroy vs. Rebellion:
Ohhhh man everyone fighting everywhere!!

Good psychology in the early going.

NO MORE DIVES JESUS.

I'm liking the heels here.

S&D are a team I don't care much about anyway.

White has some impressive fire.

I just can't get behind White no matter how hard he works; I've seen it all before.

Ugggghhhhh I could never see the Guns team again and be fine.

Big stuff here.

MOVES galore!

Titus basically there to take fancy moves, as is the ROH way. Uggghhh.

WOW. A surprise ending there. Hopefully King in particular is going on to bigger things or leaving for WWE.

- Post-match:
Blaaahhhhhh. I guess I'd be OK with Punishment beating all searching destroyers in order.

- Lethal vs. Silas:
Lethal not taking any chances!

Glad to be back at a fight after all the DIVES. I'm sure Lethal will revert back to those soon, though.

I'm liking all this so far.

Oh MAN that missed elbow drop had to hurt.

I like Silas' old school mentality in ROH.

I'm liking this so far.

Jay doing the Jay Lethal thing.

Blah blah blah more superkicks and dives.

GOOD. Make use of that chair, Silas. Face move of the night.

Jay Lethal does the standard indie stuff really well, but it's tiring to see everyone do the same kind of stuff.

NICE use of the Figure Four.

OK, this one's going well now.

Lethal does a LOT of moves, for better or worse.

Hahaha the keg.

Oh wow. Bad ending to what was at times a pretty good match.

- Post-match:
Payback is a bitch!

Dear God they're giving him quite the beating.

BAH GAWD THE MATCH IS OVER. JAY LETHAL IS A HUMAN BEING!

- Briscoes/Bully vs. Dalton/Boys:
Hahahahah Jay has no time for this shit.

Bully feuding with the Briscoes could be really interesting. They could bring out some serious fight in each other.

Fine work so far.

Ha. I like Dalton and the Boys. ROH is very lucky to keep them.

Castle vs. Bully is pretty fun.

Hahaha Bully can still pop me every so often.

Oh, man. Bully taking Brandon and Brent to the woodshed.

Interesting stuff with the Boys and Jay.

Castle's really got something. He's not just good at one thing.

This is pretty solid!

I like the Briscoes. They just need some fresh opposition like in this match.

This is a nice fun match to balance out the DIVES and the crazy brutality from other. I'm glad we're getting this.

Jay out to KILL those Boys!

Well then! Looks like we're finally seeing Dalton get a push!

- KUSHIDA vs. Scurll:
I enjoy both men, separately and against each other.

I'm liking this a good deal already.

I pretty much always enjoy a story about working over a body part to win with a submission move.

Solid action so far.

I'm loving the arm vs. arm story.

NICE turnbuckle suplex.

Nice trading of strikes, too.

GENIUS spot with the hoverboard lock and counter.

WOW. I'm loving this one.

Great stuff countering each other's finisher.

I love that both men are trying to win in other ways, too. If an opportunity pops up, take it!

Both men are really good grapplers. I appreciate it.

I'm liking this one substantially.

Big strikes, big submissions. What's not to like!!

Hahahaha KUSHIDA using Marty's fingers spot against him.

Very impressive, worthy of the title of the PPV. Two great international talents colliding.

- Friends promo:
I hope you're ready for some SPOTSSSSSS!

- Bucks vs. War Machine vs. Best Friends:
Chuckie and Trent getting the jump. I like it.

War Machine is underwhelming. They're just here to space out theflips.

You already know the story here. Amazing athleticism and teaming from everyone.

You know, cool moves and stuff.

NICE Super German.

Impressive stuff as always from these guys. It's just a big wall of moves.

You know how it goes.

- Daniels vs. Cody: 
I love the start here. Especially after that big mess.

I'm liking this a lot.

Both men have a good grasp of psychology, and that's on display here.

I love the mind games from the Nightmare.

Daniels is a good technician.

I love when a brawl spills into the crowd.

I'm liking Cody's strategy here.

Impressive arm drag.

This is solid!

Uh-oh. No ref!

I'm enjoying the shenanigans.

Genius stuff with the chair.

I hope we have a lot of run-ins now. KUSHIDA, I'm looking for you.

Nice brawl with Kazarian and Scurll.

I would have popped so hard for that package piledriver.

This is solid all around!

Interesting stuff from Cody doing others' signature moves.

NICE disaster kick spot.

I love this taking this direction instead of both men kicking out of eight finishers.

Daniels is still game, but Cody's on top of the world.

I love the Koji Clutch.

Cody doing everything he can to heel ROH here. I'm enjoying it.

Man, Cody's shutting Daniels down!

Pretty nice ending! Glad to see the change of direction here, as much as I love Daniels getting the honor a few months back.

- Post-match:
Finally an interesting direction in the title picture. I'm really curious where things go from here.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment