Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Raw Reax - 6/5/17

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.


- Bray/Roman:
Interesting. Bray still presenting Brock as an indestructible force.

I like this side of Wyatt.

Reigns is definitely better keeping it simple on the mic.

BIG DOG TAKES NO PRISONERS.

- Bray vs. Roman:
Winning within a minute would be great! Beat a top rival and go backstage to catering with money in your pocket, brother.

Solid so far.

I like the physicality here.

These two generally match up pretty well, and both men do their roles well.

Oh God, now Roman's going to do the rebound move thing.

Glad Bray's flexible enough to do that.

Good work here.

This is solid all around.

Roman is SO underrated.

That was a really solid ending sequence. Good work!

- Enzo/Cass:
Surely there's security camera footage or something??

Cass turning heel could be interesting. I don't know if it's the right move, but it's an intriguing possibility.

- Angle/Alexa:
Glad to see Bliss getting a good push.

Yeah, I don't know if we need another big talking segment with Alexa. I do love her, though.

Angle has it out for the goddess! How could he???

- Elias/Ambrose/Miz:
Ahhh I love Elias sometimes.

Another guy who's better when he just shows up and gets to work. I hope we're in for serious Ambrose now. Him costing Dean the title at Extreme Rules would have been a good move.

Oh, joy. Another Ambrose/Miz match. At some point enough is enough.

I guess Elias is part of Miz's entourage. He could probably pass as Damien Mizdow.

- Ambrose/Angle:
How many locker rooms could there possibly be?

I'm a little surprised Kurt's giving Dean the night off and letting the celebration go off as planned.

- Joe/Heyman:
This is surreal. I wouldn't have called Joe vs. Brock happening. I hope Lesnar doesn't kill him.

Joe's got some balls to make those demands.

I like Joe getting this chance.

Heyman and Joe would be quite the pairing.

Joe does have a pretty good resume.

Heyman calling himself "Brock Lesnar's Jew" always cracks me up.

I mean, Joe vs. Brock is pretty great on paper given their reputations.

Wow. They're really selling Joe as a threat. That's impressive.

Joe messing with the wrong guy here.

WHOA. That was a big statement from the former Impact, ROH, and NXT Champion.

- Joe/Angle/Seth:
It's a real shame they can't refer to the history between Joe and Angle.

Man, this is cool. I like the badassery on display.

I'm excited for this one.

- Sheamus/Cesaro vs. Slater/Rhyno:
I'm glad the heels are getting a push. I expected them to be fodder for the formerly Broken Hardys.

Slater putting up a fight.

Oh... well... so much for that.

- Sheamus/Cesaro promo:
I'm very impressed these guys are getting heat on Matt and Jeff.

So, will Matt and NERO return with Vanguard-1 in tow? PLEASE???

- TJP/Neville:
Haha poor TJP the loyal soldier.

Hahaha Neville playing TJP SO HARD.

- TJP vs. Mustafa:
This is pretty solid early.

Good to see TJP's mean streak.

Pretty good ending!

- Post-match:
Neville's a really good heel. He's much more of a character than he was when he was firsst pushed on the main roster.

- Goldust video:
Really good to see this version of the former IC Champion.

There's potential for a Miz/Goldust teamup, but I don't know how high they're going to go with The Prince of Perversion. I'm just glad to see him get one last shot at glory.

- Sasha/Dana/Mickie/Alexa:
I love Alexa pulling strings to try to get her way. Fits in with her mean girl character well.

I'm excited for this.

- Angle/Corey:
Umm, can't they talk before the show? Kurt's his boss!

- Kalisto vs. Titus:
I like Kalisto, but I don't see why he should be pushed instead of any other cruiserweight.

Oooohhh... A Crews/Tozawa team could be fun.

Haha nice ending sequence. I just hope this doesn't kill Titus and Crews.

- Enzo/Cass:
I assume The Revival are behind all this. We'll see.

- Maryse/Miz:
Based Miz heeling the idiots who will chant for anything. Wrestling fans have really taken a dive in the "bend over backward for smarks" era.

I hope Miz holds a title even higher than the U.S. belt.

Uh-oh...... Could it be Wackyman in the bear costume???

OK, that was a pretty clever swerve with the bear not being Ambrose.

Hahaha playing with the expectation of Dean being involved. I like it.

Miz's paranoia on full display.

That was better than expected with the false clues.

- Enzo/Show:
I'm OK with Show being part of this. They don't use him much anymore, and he does good work when they do.

Fun enough.

- Enzo/Show vs. Club:
Oh, yeah. Anderson and Gallows need to take Enzo out early.

Bruh what if Show's behind the attacks???

Big man running over the former champs. Nothing new there.

Not bad for what it was.

- Show/Enzo/Cass:
Interesting. Cass vs. Show could be good for passing the torch.

- Truth video:
I like this. I really miss the days of gimmicks with more to them than "wrestler who wants to win matches grrr"

- Alexa interview:
I like the character progression here.

- Alexa vs. Nia:
Haha poor Alexa the victim!

I like the Alexa/Nia dynamic.

Dude no way can Alexa put Nia to sleep.

How could they treat the champ like this!!??

OK ending, I guess.

- Post-match:
All out chaos in the women's division.

- Heyman/Brock:
I'm looking forward to all of this.

- Joe vs. Rollins:
I like Joe more the less shit he takes.

Good so far. And how crazy is it two former ROH Champions are headlining Raw?

Both men doing good work. They work hard.

Oh my GOD that suicide dive counter. Rollins takes some serious abuse.

I like Joe's strikes and chops. He's an effective destroyer.

Solid story so far.

Two veterans displaying their technical skills.

Seth has an unreal level of energy. He just goes full throttle.

One hell of a battle here.

Interesting. Not sure what Bray got out of that.

That was a pretty good ending to protect Seth while putting the No. 1 contender over.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment