Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Raw Reax - 6/26/17

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.

- Roman/Braun:
I can see why the crowd likes Braun being a dominant badass with no goofy verbiage.

Reigns did get a thrashing last week.

I'm excited for another big war.

Umm how do you know that's Braun in the ambulance!?

Looks like Braun learned some tricks from Bray.

Braun's a monster. I love it.

Oh, wow. Roman's going to have to dig deep to beat Strowman.

- Hardys/Balor vs. Sheamus/Cesaro/Samson:
Man, this is quite the combination of talents from different eras.

Already solid.

I have a sneaking suspicion they're going to have Elias get a dirty win on Balor. We'd never see the end of that online.

I'm liking Cesaro/Balor.

Everyone here's doing good stuff. I enjoy seeing different styles meshing in one match.

I see similarities with the Hardys and Balor. Obviously the paint plays into that.

I like the heels trying to regroup/avoid taking finishers.

Jeff always gives everything he's got, for better or worse.

Really nice match here.

I'm liking the Hardys' offense here.

Sheamus and Cesaro have become a fun pairing.

I'm enjoying Finn a good deal, too.

That was quite the ending sequence! I liked everything we saw there.

- Shattered Dreams Productions:
Goldust digging down deep to remind us of why he's got such an impressive resume in the business.

I'm really curious what the endgame will be for Goldust and Truth. Both men have got to be winding things down as wrestlers.

- Goldust vs. Truth:
Oh, wow. This is about more than a match. I like that.

- Heyman/Joe:
Joe not taking anything from Paul tonight.

I'm excited to see if Joe can go toe-to-toe with the Beast Incarnate.

- Angle/Bayley:
I'm excited for the gaunlet.

- Another edition of MizTV:
Ha. Maryse has been a good addition to Miz's act.

Wait, really? I couldn't care any less about this bullshit. Why are they promoting the NBA?

WHY IS THIS A THING???? Getting mainstream coverage is this much more important than almost anything they could put in this slot apparently.

Uggggghhhhhhh WWE trying to be hip with the NBA tie-in. It's not good that they're trying to glom off the local basketball team instead of getting others over.

At least Dean's not in a Lakers jersey doing wacky basketball stuff.

That was dreadful.

- Miz/Axel/Bo vs. Ambrose/Slater/Rhyno:
I'm fine with Dean bouncing Axel and Bo around, as much as I still BOLIEVE. Someone has to job.

I still like the teaming of Heath and Rhyno.

I wouldn't rule out Rhyno holding gold again.

Good to see some less-used names in action.

Nice heel work here. Very down and dirty.

I like the teamwork from Miz's new entourage.

I still want to see Miz mock Angle. That could be AMAZING.

Nice work from the FCW alumni.

This is pretty fun!

Rhyno still using his power strong.

Fine work all around.

- Heyman backstage:
Umm, what if Joe would have hurt Paul again? Brock's taking his sweet time.

- Enzo/Cass video:
WHY CASS WHY????

- Enzo/Cass/Graves:
Man. I feel bad for Enzo here.

This feels good so far. Enzo's a natural.

Poor Enzo got his back stabbed and ass kicked and is blaming it all on himself!

Man, Enzo showing some real skill here.

Cass looks like an absolute asshole for turning on his friend.

Yeah right, Cass.

Don't trust him, Enzo!!

Cass suckering him in so hard right now.

AWW I'LL BE A SON OF A BITCH!!!!!

That was good.

Even Graves isn't safe! Enzo's going to need to call Big Show up!

- Hawkins promo:
OK, that was actually kind of funny. Sometimes it's fun when jobbers are in on it.

- Seth vs. Hawkins:
Imagine Curt getting three there. SWERVE BRO!!!!!!

Seth's a wrestling machine.

Rollins showing off everything he can do.

Fine enough to show Seth is an amazing athlete.

- Bray promo:
Bray really holds a grudge, huh?

Age old promo, but delivered well.

Wyatt's something else.

- Heyman/Brock/Joe:
Umm, Goldberg didn't really fear Brock either. I guess we're supposed to forget that.

Hahah remember the Jericho/Brock backstage story where "anonymous sources said" Y2J was a big tough guy and a locker room hero who backed the bully down and all that? That was a genius work from Jericho.

I'm liking this. Heyman has a tough task to get people to suspend disbelief when we just want to see a big match.

If Brock dominates Joe, there's going to be such outcry from people who already don't pay to watch the Network.

Joe not wasting any time! He's out to make another big statement.

I mean, we are going to talk about that, but not for reasons Paul wanted!

GBOF is going to be something special. I wonder if Brock's about ready to wrap up the whole wrestling thing and they're going ahead and taking the title off him. We'll see.

- Neville vs. Dorado:
I like seeing Neville impose his dominance.

The champion trying to send a message here.

Man, Neville shutting Lince down.

Dorado is basically the third Lucha Dragon.

NICE submission win.

- Post-match:
Titus = ratings for 205 Live, bro. They need someone who can talk people into watching the amazing athleticism. A carnival barker, if you will.

- Heyman interview:
Paul has to insult Samoans to get heat. People love him that much.

Wow. Paul selling Joe's effectiveness. This is real.

They're selling this as something special, and I think it will be.

HAHAHAHAHAH that PPV name drop. This is something else.

- Alexa/Nia:
Alexa's sweating Jax. I don't blame here.

I LOVE Bliss trying to get Jax on her side here.

Alexa's going to screw Nia out of the win and it will be glorious.

- Nia vs. Bayley:
The person who drew number six is going to like this. Maybe someone will beat Nia before the last match?
 
I enjoy the chemistry these two have.

Nia asserts her dominance well.

Bayley's going to need everything she has to get over Nia Jax.

Fun match to get over the brick wall that is Nia.

- Nia vs. Mickie:
Yeah, that first match hardly slowed Jax down!

Mickie's going to feel like she got hit by a train again after facing Nia.

NICE counter to the sunset flip.

Mickie's going to have to be really resourceful here.

This is pretty good.

I like Face Mickie in the ring a lot.

NICE counter to the Mickie-T.

Enjoyable.

- Nia vs. Dana:
Oh Dana honey quit while you're ahead.

WHY WOULD YOU TRY A HANDSPRING AGAINST NIA JAX????

Damn, Dana...

- Nia vs. Emma:
Emma trying some strategy here because no one else has been able to put a dent in her game.

Emma's tough, but Nia's not going to be denied.

Another really good showcase of the monster.

- Nia vs. Sasha:
If anyone can win in this situation, it's Banks.

Sasha using her interminable resolve here.

NICE move to get Jax out of the ring.

Fun work between these two.

Nia doesn't need to pull out a 450 Tombstonecanrana here. She just needs to wear Sasha down and finish the job.

I'm really liking the story here. I guess I'm a sucker for a giant in action actually working like a giant.

Jax might not have a full tank. Sasha's going to try to take advantage of that.

Nia's just straight-up mean sometimes.

That was a good bearhug pin spot. Simple, but effective.

Sasha just won't give up!!!

I'm loving this one. Wow.

This is a really solid clash.

SOMEONE WON WITH A CHINLOCK IN 2017 IT'S A MIRACLE MAGGLE!!!! One hell of a fight, though.

- Post-match:
Awesome to see Kurt put Sasha over like that.

Nice ending to the show.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment