Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 22, 2017

NXT and ROH Reax - 6/21/17

Read on for my thoughts on last night's NXT and ROH.

-- NXT:
- Ember vs. Peyton:
Too many flips in wrestling these days.

Billie and Peyton might as well officially wrestle as a duo!

I really wonder where Ember goes if she doesn't win the title in Brooklyn.

Fine work here.

These two work together pretty well.

Solid all around.

I liked the traded crucifixes.

Disappointed to see Widow's Peak not be worth a three count. I'm pretty much a Victoria mark.

Not bad at all!

- Kassius/Hideo:
Poor Hideo has had a tough time in NXT.

Oooooh that shade at Itami losing to Roode.

Kassius vs. Black should really be something.

- EY/Wolfe vs. Ealys:
 The Ealys might need a triplet if they're going to beat SAnitY.

I like the teamwork from the heels. EY's a ring general through and through.

This is fair enough so far. I like the frequent tags.

Wolfe has been taught viciousness well from the wild man.

Ha. SAnitY are very animalistic. I like it.

Nice ending!

- Asuka/Cross video:
I'm excited to see more of them tearing each other apart.

- Deville vs. Evers:
I fully expect Evers in the Mae Young Classic.

Wow. Sonya in full-on ass-kicking mode.

Evers is overwhelmed! 

This is definitely something different. I like it.

That was cool.

- Strong/Roode:
I love the contrast between Roddy and the champ.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Bobby's going to pay for that.

Roode vs. Strong should be good.

- Kassius vs. Aleister:
Nice so far.

I love a chess match kind of match.

Both men have their strengths.

This is really solid!

I like Black's killer offense. He doesn't need to hit you 1,000 times. He makes the ones he does connect with count.

Ohno using his power here.

Haha Kassius getting in his head.

I'm liking this a lot. Both men are experienced and confident.

Both men can be players on the main roster. WWE's got one heck of a talent recruitment department.

I like the mirroring here. I get tired of aerial athleticism vs. aerial athleticism, but this is a nice showcase of what each man excels at.

Kicks and strikes everywhere!

I almost don't want this to end.

This is really something.

WHOA. Pleasantly surprised to see Aleister beat Kassius. One hell of a match.

-- ROH:
- Silas/Bruiser vs. Lethal/Fish:
Lethal and Fish are two of the best guys remaining in ROH.

Oh.... guess we're in for this kind of match. I get it. Not everything can be 100 mph. That would definitely get tiring.

Not crazy about the comedy here. Very WWE, and not in a good way.

Jay Lethal has peaked as a performer because there's nothing else for him to do in ROH. He's not going to be pushed to be anything more because he's seemingly content to be a top guy at this level instead of trying to make it up the card in WWE.

Lethal and Fish make a good team.

OK, this is heating up now.

This is turning into a pretty solid match.

Oh so now Bruiser's someone who can go. Weird considering what he went through in the first part of the match.

Nice enough to set more up for BITW.

- Bully/Briscoes promo:
The Briscoes vs. The Dudleys would have been hot with both sides in their prime.

I'd be fine with Bully turning heel and facing Mark and Jay, but ROH wants to keep up the six-man tag division.

- Vinny/Taven/Boys/Castle:
Wow, everyone's going after these guys tonight, huh?

It's crazy ROH will book serious ass-kickings with belts and stuff and then go right to flips and dives that are obviously choreographed.

- Vinny/Taven vs. Boys:
See. Right back to MOVES.

Blaahhhhhhh.

- Post-match:
I couldn't really care much less. It's the same people doing the same stuff over and over.

Or have Jay turn on Bully! Just give us something new!

- Punishment vs. Daddiego:
Let me guess, they don't have a plan for Punishment past squash matches.

What a mess! Punishment should stick to being the dominant powerhouse instead of adding fancy moves.

- Post-match:
Hey look more unimportant wrestlers.

I can't say I'm hyped for Punishment vs. White from a story perspective, but it could end up being pretty solid.

- Addiction/Tanahashi vs. Ospreay/Gedo/Goto:
Fine start to things.

Good teamwork here.

Man, the champ's having a rough night.

I love getting to see Tanahashi.

A showcase of NJPW guys as always.

This has been solid.

Tanahashi vs. Ospreay could be fun.

I'm liking the story going on here.

Good teamwork and good action here.

That was nice! The right guy did the job.

- Post-match:
I'm excited for the two Addiction vs. Bullet Club matches. Both will be pretty important for what what ROH is going to be come.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment