Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 8, 2017

NXT and ROH Reax - 6/7/17

Read on for my thoughts on last night's NXT and ROH.

-- NXT:
- Lars/V. Andrews:
I guess I like Lars' new name, as long as he still destroys people.

- Otis/Tucker vs. Lars/V. Andrews:
I already like the power on display here.

Fine showdown so far.

Ha. So much for Victor living up to his partner.

Fun to see the big guys having fun. Just no cartwheels or anything.

I'm liking the destruction.

That was fun!

- Post-match:
Oh, I like this guy already. Pure Frankenstein's monster.

- SAnitY promo:
I'm looking forward to Dain vs. Jose. I like both in different ways.

- Strong/Roode:
I'm really getting behind Roddy. I wasn't ready for these feels!

Roddy could get a pretty good run given how young he is.

Hey, don't limit yourself to the NXT Title!

Based Bobby.

Hahaahaha nice shots by Roode.

Bobby's top guy material brother.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA that line about Roddy being able to show his son a picture with Roode was SAVAGE.

- N. Storm:
This should be interesting.

- Peyton vs. S. Logan:
Royce showing who's the pro and who's the guest.

Good work early.

I'm liking Peyton's work here.

Fine work here.

Not a bad showing from the Venus Flytrap of NXT.

- Almas/Trinidad:
Man, poor Cien.

- Itami interview:
OOOOOHHHH everyone throwing shade on Hideo.

- Itami vs. Lorcan:
I like Hideo's aggression. He REALLY needs to get back on the map.

OK, I'm feeling this one.

Lorcan's solid enough for 205 Live.

Hideo's out to deal some serious damage.

Good work so far.

I'm liking Oney getting a lot of offense in.

Hideo might be one injury away from the end of his WWE days. That'd be very sad to see given the big stage of his signing.

Oh, wow.

Ohhh.... yeah, that qualifies as a statement made. It might be Go 2 The Hospital.

Hideo vs. Kassius would be good.

- Ember promo:
Fine by me to try to rebuild her.

- Jose vs. Killian:
This is a pretty fun combination of workers.

Interesting work so far.

I'm a little surprised to see NWJ dominate here.

Now things are a little more even. Pretty good so far.

Oh yeah, Killian's already got a lot going for him.

This is pretty good.

I like what both men bring to the table.

Dain can move. He's someone to watch out for.

Nice ending.
 
-- ROH:
- Cheeseburger/Ferrara vs. War Machine:
Oh God we're still doing this "will they split or won't they?" thing.

Fine showing of the hosses.

Good enough so far, but Hanson and Rowe should steamroll these two.

Wow. They're selling a lot for the little guys.

Good enough from an action standpoint.

GAAAHHHDDDD I hate War Machine doing high-flying stuff.

Good to see Cheeseburger dominated.

DIVE time.

Not bad.

- War Machine promo:
Part of me wants to see these two face the Authors of Pain.

Bleeeehhhhhhh. Hard to take these two seriously as ass-kickers when they're doing springboard moves and bronco busters.

- EVIL/SANADA/BUSHI/Naito vs. Briscoes/Bully/Castle:
I like Naito a good deal.

Oh yeah, Naito's got some personality. I like it.

Bully Ray still trying to be cool in 2017. I thought he was going to show why he's such a big badass?

I do like seeing someone do what Bully does in an ROH ring, though.

Bully cleaning house!

It's a shame Dalton might be leaving. He's pretty much the only charismatic homegrown ROH guy left since Cabana's a commentator now.

Not going to lie; I'm looking forward to seeing how Castle will work out in NXT if that is a possibility.

Glad to see the heels working like heels now.

Interesting work from the heels here.

The Briscoes are good workers. They're some of the remaining "backbones" of the company.

Nice work from the 857-time ROH tag champs.

This is a pretty interesting combination of babyfaces, but that's fine.

Wow. I expected Bully to get the win there.

Interesting ending. Did it get any ROH angles/talents over?

- Post-match:
Very interesting with Dalton's contract coming up soon.

- Page promo:
The Hangman can really make a big moment for himself in this main event. I hope he's in for a push in the seemingly depleting ROH landscape.

- Vice/Bucks:
Laaaaaaaaaaame. This is getting REALLY old.

- Cole vs. Page:
I'm excited for this.

Nice back and forth to start.

I like Cole as a babyface. His shtick was getting pretty old.

Good wrestling here.

Page is someone to keep an eye on. I'm sure WWE is.

Cole's not playing around.

I'm ready for superkicks to be toned down. It feels like everyone's doing them.

I'd be fine with this going to a Fight Without Honor, but Cole finished up at these tapings.

I'm liking the story here.

Cole's good. We'll see just how good if he joins the bigger pond of NXT/WWE.

A German to the apron would hurt like HELL.

I'm not crazy about Page using the flippy shoulder tackle as a "serious" heel.

Page is having a pretty good night here.

Nice piledriver.

This is really good! I'm glad it's gettime time to matter.

NICE shoulderbreaker spots.

Ugggghhhh enough with the superkicks!

NICE destroyer. That was a thing of beauty.

Jesus. Another destroyer?

Very glad Page got the clean win. ROH needs to build some important stars fast. They're becoming the developmental to WWE developmental.

- Post-match:
I love Page really sticking it to his former stablemate.

I'm fine with the focus going to Page vs. Kazarian. I can see Page challenging for the ROH Title after Cody.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment