Total Pageviews

Friday, June 23, 2017

Impact Wrestling Reax - 6/22/17

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Impact Wrestling.

- Sienna/Van Ness:
Yeah, good luck with dealing with Rosemary.


- Richards vs. Edwards vs. Sutter vs. Sydal vs. Lee vs. Suicide:
The X-Division has way too many "throw a bunch of people together" matches, but I'm fine with seeing Davey and Eddie fight some more!

This is fun in the "everyone's doing a lot of cool stuff" sense. Like a movie that's mostly explosions and gunfights.

Imagine caring enough about a throwaway clustermess match to cheat to eliminate someone.

- Richards vs. Edwards vs. Sydal vs. Lee vs. Suicide:
Weird to see Davey work with someone, but I assume it's just a means to an end.

Eddie and Davey are going to keep fighting until one man's in the hospital.

Davey suckering Eddie in there. Wow.

Suicide's just kind of there as a character now.

Trevor's talented.

- Richards vs. Edwards vs. Sydal vs. Lee:
Oh hey Sydal welcome back.

God DAMN what a shot to the face.
- Edwards vs. Sydal vs. Lee:
Oh my God this is insane.

I can see why Davey's retiring. These bumps are CRAZY.

- Sydal vs. Lee:
It is nice to see some other names get a spotlight.

This is pretty wild.

Fun for that style of match.

- Post-match:
I guess everyone gets something special this trip.

- Spud/Swoggle:
I love this kind of angle. Not just the comedy aspent, but the idea of wrestlers interacting outside of "I'm going to beat you in our match!!!"

- Park/Borash:
Better be careful. Scott's coming for your FAAAAAAT ASSSSES.

I don't know whose idea it was to drop references to Steiner's legendary TNA promos, but I'm all for it.

This has been fun.

- Sienna/Van Ness vs. Allie/Rosemary:
Oh man, Allie. Hopefully Rosemary won't show up on Smackdown with Maria and Mike.

I'm a little surprised Swoggle doesn't live under the Impact ring. I suppose he still might.

Sienna's not bad.

I like that Allie can handle Laurel now that she's finally becoming more of a wrestler.

Every Impact match needs at least one run-in. Fine by me.

OH MY GOD THAT CURB STOMP.

Rosemary vs. Sienna should be interesting.

- LAX segment:
So apparently the plan is for this to pay off with LAX facing some names from LU. We'll see if that happens.

There are like 50,000 indies in Orlando.

- Shera/Dutt/Ki/Sydal:
Man. Talk about getting a lot out of this home country thing.

Being the greatest X-Division ever is a REALLY tall order with guys like Aries and Joe in that conversation.

Low Ki always dressed for a tuxedo match.

Fine with Low Ki wanting a rematch.

Two-out-of-three falls should be good.

I like the acknowledgment of Low Ki being a big part of the early NWA:TNA.

HAHAHAHAHAH Low Ki taking out Shera for the hell of it.

Pretty good stuff here. Low Ki vs. Sydal will be interesting.

- KM vs. Shera:
I like KM taking advantage of the circumstances. Clever.

That Sky High was its own kind of beauty.

- Post-match:
Welp, so much for Shera lasting long.

Shera for a BIG comeback next week I'm guessing.

- More Park/JB:
Yep one more week is about all there is to get out of all this. 

- Drake/Adonis/Moose:
Meh. Heels vs. NFL guys hasn't really sparked my interest, but crossover angles often don't I might care more if DeAngelo was in India, but I can see why that would be pretty expensive.

WHAT BAH GAWD ALMIGHTY.

Clever to try to take half of your PPV opposition out.

- Lashley/EC3 vs. Alberto/Storm:
Good work early.

I like this combination of workers.

I hope EC3 is champion by the end of the year.

El Patron is an ace worker.

Really good work here.

That leather strap can light someone up!

I'm enjoying the story being told.

They're all working pretty well together.

So I heard you like the Tower of Doom spot. It was well done, though.

This is a thing of beauty. Some top level workers in action.

Man EC3 is SAVAGE now that his aunt's gone.

Pretty good work.

- Post-match:
Slammiversary should be a big show.

No comments:

Post a Comment