Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Smackdown and 205 Live Reax - 6/13/17

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Smackdown and 205 Live.
-- Smackdown:
- New Day/Usos/Breenzango/Colons:
New Day can still be pretty fun.


I wouldn't be shocked at all to see NEW. DAY WIN. the titles soon-ish.

Breezango makes a pretty fun comedy duo.

Ugggghhhhh I wish Epico and Primo were in The Ascension's spot and vice versa. The Colons just don't have character anymore.

Not bad, I guess.

- Breezango/Xavier/Kofi vs. Usos/S. Stars:
I'm fine with the former Los Matadores being the resident jobber team.



Good work early. New Day are pretty smooth.

Breeze and Fandango make a pretty solid duo, too.

New Day are fired up to be back.

Good work all around.

I like a big tag match most of the time.

I'm enjoying New Day especially.

Imagine Primo and Epico winning this one.

Good to continue the tag team scene. I'm missing American Alpha, though.

- Shinsuke/AJ/Sami:
Wow, they really make Zayn out to be a geek sometimes.


Not really crazy about this segment, although I did really like Christian in a similar role as a face years back.

- H. Bros interview:
I like them coming full circle with the the Mojo/Jinder matches.


Not sure how high Mojo can really go if they're not going to have him compete with The Face of America for the U.S. Title.

SSSSSIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICCCCKKKK. How long until Zack turns on him?

- Naomi vs. Tamina:
I'm really curious to see what Lana's future is, since she was a babyface with a manager for a while on NXT live events.


I like seeing Tamina's power on display, although it would seem to be only a matter of time before Nia replaces her.

Good strategy at work here.

Both sides playing their roles well.

Lots of kicks from Naomi these days.

NICE crossbody counter.

Yeah, Tamina probably didn't need to go to the top rope there.

Nice ending!

- Post-match:
So much for Lana turning babyface!! I hope she does alright as a wrestler.

- Jinder/Singhs/Orton:
I don't think Randy's going to disappoint his family. It's not like he's doing dives in front of 400 people. He's headlined Wrestlemania!!


I'd love to see the Singhs beat up Orton's supporters in the front row at MITB. That would be fun.

It's wild seeing Jinder put Orton down. I would have bought Randy winning with an RKO OUTTA NOWHERE pretty much as soon as the bell rang.

Hahahahaha Samir and Sunil weren't so helpful there!

Fun enough.

- Corbin/Ziggler/Owens:
OH MY HOW ARE THEY GOING TO GET ALONG???

Um, Owens has been more successful than either partner. They should definitely listen to him.

Ha. Owens is a lot of fun.

Good segment! I don't expect that one to end smoothly.

- Orton promo:
I'm starting to think most babyfaces shouldn't talk much. They're usually better in small doses these days given some of the cringeworthy dialogue they sometimes get.


- Natalya vs. Charlotte:
Charlotte's really impressive.

I'm liking this. Charlotte's an incredible athlete and Natalya has really established herself.

Natalya has very much still got it 15 years and 1100 matches into her career.

Ha. Nice counter to the Flair Flip.

This is solid.

WOW. I'm enjoying Face Charlotte a good deal.

NICE counter to the attempted second moonsault.

Pretty good work going on here.

Glad to see Natural Selection return as a finisher.

- Fashion Files:
This is so goofy and I love it.

Ahhhhh.... good times.

- Lana interview:
I'm all for seeing what Lana's got as a wrestler.


- Owens/Corbin/Ziggler vs. Shinsuke/AJ/Sami:
Wow. Look at this lineup.


Fine work early.

I like what Corbin brings to all this. There are too many guys who think doing more moves and more impressive moves is the end goal.

Hopefully AJ gets his win back on Ziggler.

Styles is definitely really impressive.

Zayn continuing to be the guy just happy to do his cool dives.

Fine work to head to break.

I hope Sami doesn't end up in the Ziggler role of guy who takes nice bumps and gives a lot of energy but isn't there to do anything else.

Baron adds a nice dimension to this match. Otherwise it could easily be ROH.

Sami does do the fired-up babyface who doesn't give up thing well.

Ha. So much for Sami getting the tag there.

Not bad at all!!

- Post-match:
HOW DO YOU LEARN HOW TO GET HIT WITH A 20-FOOT LADDER???

These guys care way too much about getting the briefcase before the match. 

Nakamura winning would be pretty big.

-- 205 Live:
- Tozawa/Titus:
I'm all for 205 Live integrating some people who aren't doing much on Raw or Smackdown. The roster otherwise is REALLY small for as much time as they need to fill on Raw, 205 Live, Main Event, and PPVs.

MILLIONS OF YEN MILLIONS OF YEN MILLIONS OF YEN MILLIONS OF YEN

- Cedric vs. Ariya:
Fine work early.

I can see the "complaint" 205 Live isn't nonstop flips like fans say they want. It's a valid criticism, although I wonder what the Smackdown audience wants.

This is pretty solid.

I love countering a springboard move like that instead of by another flip. It's more believable.

Good back and forth between these two.

Alexander is definitely talented.

Alicia having a hard time letting go of Cedric.

Nice to not see Cedric lose off the distraction.

- Post-match:
This is going to go FOREVER. Well, until 205 Live is canceled. I'd be fine with replacing it with Smackdown-brand Superstars featuring cruiserweight matches.


- Austin/Nese/Gallagher:
Hey look it's the author of Food Fight!!


I hope we're in for a lot more greatness from A-Double. He could be a success outside the purple ropes division.

I assume Aries being hurt is kayfabe because they don't have much else to do with him after losing to Neville again.

Haha Nese has some potential as the arrogant douche.

Jack is really something else.

Interesting. I wonder what's next for Aries.

I wonder how much Gallagher and Scurll spend on umbrellas. I assume it's a tax write-off.

- TJP/Swann:
"Golly gee TJ you gave it a real try there, bud!"


I liked that. I'm curious what the next chapter will be for both men.

- Mustafa/Gulak:
There's only so many times you can do "heel wants high-flyer to stop flying around and pandering," but that's probably a side effect of me watching wrestling for so long.


Ha. I'm liking this gimmick for Gulak.


- TJP vs. Tozawa: 
Pretty good start.

Solid psychology.

TJP can tell a pretty good story in the ring.

I like the mean streak from the CWC winner, too.

Man, TJP just has everything he could possibly need as a wrestler.

TJP's just toying with him.

Hey, don't count Akira out. He's solid in his own right.

I like Akira's fighting spirit and all out drive.

TJP is always at a high level in the ring.

I love the kneebar.

Good counter to the rollup by Tozawa.

NICE!! I was expecting TJP to pull it out, but Akira had a solid win.

- Post-match:
Wow. Looks like this is about to become the Titus show. Fine by me.


I guess we're in for Neville vs. Tozawa soon.

Titus Live.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment