Total Pageviews

Friday, June 2, 2017

Impact Wrestling Reax - 6/1/17

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Impact Wrestling.

- Location:
I botched this in the preview. The Indian shows start next week.

- EC3/Alberto/Management:
I love Ethan's act. He's definitely been good for Impact.

I'm excited for Slammiversary. It could be a pretty big night.

Poor James Storm haha.

Ooooh. That should be a good main event. I'll be glad to see the GFW titles combined with the Impact titles, though. It's like everyone here has a title.

- Moose vs. Drake:
-- Round 1:
Moose is a talented guy. I hope he makes it in NXT/WWE at some point.

Eli's going to have to be the smarter competitor to win this one.

Good first round.

-- Round 2:
Smart moves looking to take out the knee.

Straightforward work by Eli, but effective.

Moose is fired up.

WOW. Moose pulling off a lot there.

Did he really need to do a springboard moonsault there? I mean, it was cool and all, but the dude's knee has been worked on all match.

-- Round 3:
I do like the back-and-forth here.

Adonis with the assist!

That was a clever ending. The clock gimmick is a good addition.

- Post-match:
I wonder who will be champion after Slammiversary.

- Rosemary/Allie:
Hahaha this is a pretty fun combination.

I look forward to more from this. I hate to say it, but it's more interesting than Allie/Braxton.

- Sydal promo:
I'm glad the match won't be a six-man mess. That gets old so quickly.

- A. Nova vs. Allie:
But like, WHOSE garage?? Weird.

Basic, but that makes sense because Allie "wasn't a wrestler until recently." Wink, wink.

Fine to re-establish the former Cherry Bomb.

- Post-match:
That was good. Kind of a shame Allie vs. Bayley presumably won't happen.

- Borash/Park:
I didn't like Joseph when he first appeared, but he's been a lot of fun once I gave the fgimmick  a chance. The role is played really well.

- LAX vs. VoW:
Oh this is fun already.

Hahaha like 50 LAX members here. Not a very exclusive club, huh?

Nice heel work. I wonder how the "we're American ex-military guys" thing played in India.

I like the gringoes alright, too.

Damn, Konnan!

Hahaha this is fun with all the shenanigans. Impact is pretty chaotic at times; I like that.

Fine match.

- Park/Borash interview:
Yeah I wouldn't want to face Scott either. Dude's INTENSE.

This training could be a lot of fun.

- Low Ki vs. Everett:
Whoa! They're not just going right into flips????

First rule of booking Low Ki: Low Ki gets to kick the shit out of people.

This is impressive. It's a shame Ki didn't come along to NXT/205 Live a few years later. He'd fit in better now.

This is good in its flashiness.

Good ending!!

- Post-match:
That home field advantage will help Sonjay.

- Swoggle/Spud:
BAH GAWD IT'S ROCKSTAR SPUD I'LL BE A SON OF A BITCH!!!!

So like, security's just going to let them do come to ringside and do this?

Those hammers are rough!

THE PROVERBIAL CRIMSON MASK!!

I assume we're in for a big hammer-themed brawl at Slammiversary. Works for me.

Fine for what it was supposed to be.

- Alberto vs. EC3:
Hey, if you can win a title within a minute of the bell ringing, go for it!

I like Alberto's tenacity.

Pretty good work so far.

I love a good cage match. There are only so many spots to do, but I don't think there's any problem with that.

Fun work here.

NICE big flapjack.

Pretty big lungblower, too.

This is good between two hardworking veterans.

NICE counter to the cross armbreaker. El Patron is a really smooth worker.

I'm enjoying this.

Ooohh this is scary.

Oh, man. Alberto could have killed him with that big stomp. That was scary as hell.

YOU IDIOT YOU COULD HAVE PINNED HIM WITH THERE!!!!

WE GOT OURSELVES A FLYIN' ALBERTO MAGGLE SHADES OF THE LATE, GREAT EDDIE GUERRERO HAHA I LOVE IT. But seriously, that was one hell of a frog splash.

Solid match to change the Slammiversary main event again. I assume EC3 and James Storm will still be involved somehow. No. 1 contender's match??

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment