Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 15, 2017

NXT and ROH Reax - 6/14/17

Read on for my thoughts on last night's NXT and ROH.

-- NXT:
- McIntyre vs. Ryzin:
Rob's got a tough task ahead of him beating the former Impact World Champion.

Drew's eating this dude alive.

Ryzin not giving up hope, though.

I like Drew's ruthless aggression and fire and all those other cliches.

Drew doesn't even need to go to the top rope, except on special occasions.


WHY WOULD YOU SLAP DREW MCINTYRE??? DO YOU HAVE A DEATH WISH????

Rob clearly wants an ass-kicking.

That was pretty fun.

- Authors vs. Full Sail Fodder:
This team is so refreshing. Just don't do cartwheels or handsprings, please.

DAMN DUDE AKAM DIDN'T EVEN NEED TO TAG HIS PARTNER IN!!!!

- Post-match:
THEY DON'T GET PAID BY THE HOUR MAGGLE!!!

Where does one even get the Book of Pain? I don't see it on Amazon.

Oh yeah I remember TM-61.

I'm ready for a hoss battle.

Should be fun.

- Sonya video:
Not bad at all! She's a believable ass-kicker.

- Mendoza vs. V. Dream:
This is fun so far.

I am glad to see Raul back. He was AMAZING in the CWC.

Fine work here early. No one's expecting Velveteen to be AJ Styles at this stage.
 
This is going well to build Velveteen.

I'm liking this well enough.

Not bad from the bizarre newcomer.

- Kassius interview:
Kassius vs. Hideo could be pretty hype.

Whoa. Kassius vs. Aleister could be REALLY hype. I'd like to see Kassius help Black get acclimated to what WWE wants.

- Asuka vs. Cross vs. Ruby:
I'm excited for this one.

I like Cross. Good to see someone be more of a fighter in the women's division. She stands out.

Oh what everyone's going to do a missile dropkick now?

Asuka's going to hold that title as long as she wants to!

Oh, well. That's one way to get Asuka out of the picture.

It is good to see some action between Ruby and Nikki, since Asuka usually just dominates everybody.

Asuka's definitely an efficient force of destruction.

I like what all three women bring to the table.

Ruby's a pretty tough cookie.

This is a lot of fun since all three do different things.

This is pretty fun. Everyone's doing good work.

Everyone coming pretty hard here.

Umm.. wouldn't you want to do ANYTHING YOU CAN to beat Asuka first??? I guess the feud between Ruby and Cross goes that deep.

- Asuka vs. Cross:
Oh this is going to be fun.

Asuka's just at another level.

I'm liking this. We've just got a big fight going on.

This isn't even a match anymore!! It's just a big fight! I'm liking it.

- Post-match:
I mean holy shit what's it going to take to settle this????

Very Hardcore Championship match here. I'm liking it.

And now they're back!!!

This is something else haha.

Really fun stuff.

I can only imagine how they'll top this.

-- ROH:
- Vice/C. Taylor segment:
People have wanted to see Chuck get a bigger stage for a good while now. It's good to see ROH give platforms for people like him.

- Page/Bucks vs. C. Taylor/Vice:
Chuck's excited to be here!

I really hope they're not going to do a Taylor/Romero feud for the hell of it.

This is pretty solid. Having someone new doing flips at least makes things more interesting.

Fun work so far. I'm easing up on the "indie style" as long as not everyone's doing the same shit.

I'm glad Chuck's getting some love here.

Wow. This is going well for an opening match.

Lots of big moves, for whatever that's worth.

OUCH! A German to the apron could cripple someone if not executed perfectly.

Pretty big match here. Definitely bigger than the Spirit Squad match.

Well there you go! Welcome aboard, Chuck! 6 3/4 stars.

- White video:
I just can't get excited for this guy. He doesn't stand out in the ROH landscape. I appreciate this effort, though.

- Gresham/White vs. S. Taylor/Rhett:
Wow, both Taylors in action on one show! Back to back nonetheless.

Uggggggghhhhhhhhhhh more dives.

Ha. Caprice helping his buddies out.

I like Shane alright. Something's definitely missing without the Pretty Boy Killers in ROH.

I do like the heel tactics here.

White does work hard as hell. No faulting his effort.

Hey this isn't bad!

Ha. Everyone getting involved in this one!

Hahahaha just have the whole roster be part of the match!

DIVE.

6 4/5 stars.

- Post-match:
Shelley is such the stereotypical young punk with the "no one cares about you" attitude. I hate that mentality. If no one cares about the faction you're feuding with, won't they tune out when you're in the ring with them? Why would you encourage that???

Interesting stipulation. If the faces lose, do Shelley and Sabin have to split up the Guns?

- Kazarian promo:
I am really looking forward to the strap match, although I was burned pretty badly with Cody vs. Lethal being a joke.

- Briscoes/Bully promo:
Blah blah blah. I'm ready for something new from the Briscoes and Bully. Bully could theoretically be a more important player.

- Scurll vs. KUSHIDA:
This is good so far. Not 6 6/7 stars good, though, because they're actually tying to do a story of grappling. 4 1/2 stars is the ceiling when you do that kind of thing.

Nice story being told.

Both men have good foundations.

I'm liking this one.

DIVE!!!!!!! That was a funny counter, though.

Way too much flashiness in wrestling now. It feels like every match has to go 100 mph and be full of really complicated sequences.

NICE counter to the chicken wing. Scurll's impressive.

Oh.... Cole's still here I guess. I was enjoying the in-ring story.

Not bad at all! 6 2/3 stars?

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment