Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Raw Reax - 6/12/17

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.
- Brock/Heyman/Joe:
Joe definitely set himself up to be in Brock's crosshairs by attacking Heyman.

Interestingly Heyman was pretty cordial to Joe, so he has something of a gripe here.

Brock's looking pretty indestructible. Goldberg got lucky a few times, but it's going to be tough to take down the Beast now.

I mean, Joe's got a chance. He's kicked some serious ass in his time.

Ha. Heyman has to basically be borderline racist to get heat at this point.

Joe vs. Brock could be one hell of a fight.

What people love about Joe is he didn't come at Brock with some corny catchphrase. He just straight up punched him.

Good luck separating those two!

They're doing a big job putting Joe over as a threat. Of course, even if he kicks out of three F5s, it won't be enough for some people if he loses. Ugghhhhhhh.

- Elias promo:
Samson's an effective heel because he does talk so much.

- Ambrose vs. Elias:
I hope Samson can do pretty well for himself in WWE.

I like Elias' straightforward offense. You don't need a 450 hurricanrana to have a good match.

Good work so far. Dean's good at this place on the card. He kind of makes me miss the hardcore division.

I'm enjoying this.  Ambrose works as the never-say-die babyface.

OH MY GOD I HATE THAT CLOTHESLINE SO MUCH.

Dean has three opponents here!

That was OK to sort of, kind of establish Elias. I'm glad he's being featured. It took three people to beat Dean, but I'm sure we'll still see complaints of him being "buried."

- Goldust promo:
I've missed this Goldust.

I'm liking this. I don't know how far he can make it up the card, but I'm good with him having a big run to show people who he used to be.

- Miz/Maryse/Angle:
That vagrant Dean Ambrose! 

I'm so ready for Miz to move to mocking Angle.

Uh-oh. Miz hitting below the belt there.

- Cedric/Noam/Alicia:
205 Live is missing something, but I can't quite put my finger on what. It definitely mostly feels like the sideshow division.

But bruh why are you telling Noam you're over their situation when you can just peace out until your next match?

Poor Alicia. She had a pretty rough match at Extreme Rules.

Noam man you got to put the phone down for a minute.

- Cedric vs. Noam:
Well that happened! I guess that was better than a meaningless three-minute match(?)

- Roman note:
Interesting. Will he challenge the Joe/Brock winner at Summerslam?

- Bray/Seth:
I'm glad to see Bray getting more of a focus, even if he no longer has a family.

It's kind of a shame Seth's not in the title picture, but only so many people can be at once.

Seth not having any of this spooky stuff.

This could be a fun feud.

Seth is a pretty arrogant dude with his 50 dives a night.

That wasn't bad to set up a match at GBOF. I guess Bray's done with Finn for some reason.

- Hardys promo:
Hahahah Jeff's life revolves around jumping off shit.

I hope Matt and Jeff don't take the titles back so soon. Sheamus and Cesaro should have a good little run.

- Kalisto vs. Crews:
Kalisto is pretty crafty!

Glad to see Apollo use his strength.

A little bit of arrogance here from Titus' client.

Kalisto can be pretty impressive against bigger opponents.

Pretty solid ending sequence! Can we FINALLY get a Crews push???

- Post-match:
Tease for a cruisers team against the Titus Brand? That could be good.

- Rhyno/Slater/Miz/Maryse:
I love Miz playing the devil on everyone's shoulder.

Miz/Slater would be a fun team.

This is fun. I loved the silly Slater/Rhyno stuff.

- Alexa/Nia/Mickie/Dana/Emma/Sasha:
Poor Alexa Bliss! Kurt Angle has it out for her!

Bliss in a tough spot here. Nia wants that title!

Hahah Alexa passing the blame.

Mickie randomly palling around with Dana now.

I love Alexa's scheming.

So glad to see Emma in this role instead of Emmalina.

I like this a lot. A good segment that didn't need Stephanie McMahon at the centerpiece of the women's revolution.

- Alexa/Emma/Nia vs. Mickie/Dana/Sasha:
Fine work so far.

Please don't get injured again, Emma!!

Solid work so far. Glad to see so many women get the spotlight on Raw. That's been a criticism for a while.

Ha. Alexa's only looking out for herself!

Fun so far.

Ohhhh..... so much for Emma's comeback.

- Finn video:
Bllleeeehhhhh. I like badass Demon King/Balor Club leader Balor better.

- Corey/Bayley:
Wow, Bayley. Sometimes you got to hand out some bruises, girl.

Interesting. I guess they really want her to be a Disney-esque role model. I wonder what women feel about her presentation.

I hope Bayley does have more success in the title department. She's done a good job so far.

- Slater/Rhyno vs. Miz/Bear
Well this is different!!

I like the face team.

Did the Swagger Soaring Eagle get released, too? He should be back in this.

This is silly, but nothing inherently wrong with it.

Well this is crazy.

Pretty sports-entertainmenty.

HAHAHAHAHAH Miz is such a natural coward.

That was fine enough for what it needed to accomplish.

Somewhat surprisingly, I enjoyed PG Wacky Dean in all this.

- Neville/Swann:
Neville not feeling the whole having a match thing I see.

I mean, who's going to stand up to The King???

I wouldn't think Akira would be the next champion.

- Sheamus/Cesaro:
Ha. Probably time for another autobiography. On that note, Lita turning heel on the Hardys to team with opponents of theirs could be good. Lita vs. Reby could be a hit, too, although I wouldn't expect Sasha vs. Bayley from it.

There's such an obvious story setup for the BROKEN Hardys. 

- Enzo/Cass/Club:
I would pop so hard if Carmella and Ellsworth have been attacking Enzo and Cass. It'd be ridiculous, but it'd be fun.

- Club vs. Enzo/Cass:
Cass should sue WWE in 10 years and show the courts footage of him having to wrestle after that attack.

Fine so far.

I'm liking the action and story.

Ha, Enzo has a decent chance against these clowns.

No SuperEnzo I guess.

- Post-match:
The Club might look badass if they took Show out.

- Truth promo:
This has been pretty fun. Glad to see a fleshed out angle.

- Enzo/Cass/Show:
Cass vs. Show would be a good feud to elevate the man who wasn't taught to be seven feet tall.

- Joe interview:
I'm liking this a lot. This should be one hell of a fight (than fans will inevitably complain about the booking of).

I'm all for Joe being a big force in WWE.

This feud is a dream match for a lot of people based on the paths of destruction both men have had in their careers.

- Sheamus/Cesaro vs. Hardys:
-- Fall One:
Sheamus trying to go up early with one move. After Goldberg vs. Brock at Survivor Series, who knows???

Fine so far. Cool to see the throwback team against the current champs.

Good strategy from the Europeans.

That's the problem with these matches. The falls go by a lot more quickly than they normally would.

-- Fall Two:
Nice, nice.

Both teams are good. I like this.

Man. Another flash win.

-- Fall Three:
Matt trying to get a fast win was smart.

Good stuff here.

I like the heels' physicality.

I'm liking the psychology. There are some real veterans involved in this one.

This is a hell of a story.

Hahahah they're just going to fight until midnight!!

I like a big brawl.

-- Post-match:
Of course Jeff has to jump off something. Madman.

At least he didn't take out his own partner as usually happens in spots like that.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment