Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Smackdown and 205 Live Reax - 6/27/17

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Smackdown and 205 Live.

-- Smackdown:
- Bryan/Carmellsworth:
I'm pretty much ready for Bryan to retire from WWE entirely so he can head to NJPW or whatever.

Carmella already won MITB!!!! You tell him, girl!

It's a CONSPIRACY against Carmella and Ellsworth!

James heeling the crowd is great. He's been a lot of fun.

I'd pop for Bryan vs. Ellsworth in a comedy match. That would be amazing.

OH MAN. James went hard on Bryan there.

This will only make Ellsworth more convinced of Bryan's tyranny.

HAHAHAHAHA James trying to jump over the barrier.

- Bros vs. Usos:
I wonder if Zack has been watching the Enzo/Cass situation, and what he thinks of it.

Good work so far.

Mojo makes the most of what he has.

Good teamwork from both sides. Too many tag matches these days are "tag in someone to do spots before they tag you back in to do spots."

Nice counter to the Hype Ryder.

Oh, man. Zack and Mojo just can't get it done here.

Wow. So much for getting HYPE!

- New Day/Usos:
OH MY GOD THAT HARLEM HEAT REFERENCE. Big E has no chill.

I like the cocky swagger from the Usos here.

Kofi's spoken word was great.

- Fashion Files:
Nice Boss Man shoutout. He was great.

This is goofy, but fun.

I wouldn't think The Ascension would listen to the same kind of stuff as Breezango.

This is really goofy. I love it.

Hmmmmm.... I wonder who has it out for Breezango.

OH MY GOD I just realized the reference to Konnor's rat gimmick. GENIUS.

- Naomi vs. Lana:
Lana's smart to try to get the advantage!

Lana's not bad at all. She's just got some really stiff competition.

Lana should head back to wherever Rusev is hiding to regroup after that one. Sheesh.

- Becky interview:
I like Becky a lot. I hope she gets the historic honor if they don't have Carmella pull off another heist.

I like the idea of Lynch wanting to be the first LEGITIMATE winner. That's clever.

- Aiden/Orton/Shane/Jinder/Singhs:
I didn't realize I wanted an English/Samson team until just now.

Hahahahahaha Aiden didn't even get RKO'd on air.

I don't know if Bryan or Shane want to get on Randy's bad side given his history with both.

Wow. Randy didn't take too kindly to losing his rematch, huh?

Jinder's going to need some more help! Where's Khali when you need him???

I'd watch Randy vs. Shane again. I'm not going to lie.

I'm sure Kurt Angle would love to sign Randy if Shane fires him!

I mean, yeah. Randy's in a pretty glass house here.

Wow, Shane caved in pretty easily there.

Umm, Randy, remember what happened last time you let your opponent name the stipulation!?

Jinder's come a long way from charming snake arm puppets.

That match works for me! Should be pretty fun!

- Bryan/AJ/Owens:
Hahaha I like Kevin wanting it to be just people he hasn't beaten before.

Cena's open challenges were special.

I hope Cena doesn't win that battle royal. I wonder what he'll do at Battleground?

- Kanellises/Sami:
The first lady line doesn't really work on Smackdown. Just because she was called that elsewhere, context is important.

They're begging for "Maria's husband" chants for Mike. I hope it happens.

Damn, Sami. That was rude.

- Sami vs. Corbin:
Fine start. These two styles mesh well.

Time to DIVE!

Corbin punishing Sami for getting too wacky too early.

Baron plays the brawler/powerhouse well.

MAN. Sami taking some big punishment from missing acrobatic moves here.

I like Baron having a strategy to beat his more agile opponent.

This has been largely in Corbin's favor.

Zayn is taking advantage of opportunities that present themselves. I like it.

That was a pretty good ending sequence. I hope Baron does well as MITB holder.

- Nakamura interview:
Shinsuke vs. Corbin would be good.

- Rap battle announcement:
I REALLY want to see Ellsworth and Bryan do a rap battle at some point. That could be amazing.

- MITB:
Oh, Carmella might as well have a target on her back.

Is Carmella afraid of heights? Not that I blame her.

This is heating up well now that Carmella's been dealt with.

Tamina having a good showing for herself.

I'm liking the action here.

Hahahahaha Tamina doing to JBL what a lot of us have wanted to do.

Becky is the Irish Suplex Machine.

This is good. I like the action involved.

Everyone's going hard to win the briefcase (again).

Wow. Action and chaos all over the place.

This is solid!

Ladder dogpile here.

OH MY GOD YAAAASSS QUEEN CARMELLA CLIMB IT GIRL!!!!

Oh.... so much for that. I like that she is THE heel of the division. Everyone else is like "yeah, we hate each other, but we REALLY hate Carmella."

I don't dislike Tamina, but I don't want to see her win it.

Everyone's going to be sore after this one. Jesus.

No shortage of wild bumps here!

Yeah, be careful doing a Sharpshooter in a ladder match.

Umm, Natalya you can't win out there.

JAMES ELLSWORTH! JAMES ELLSWORTH! JAMES ELLSWORTH!

That was a great tease. Clever strategy playing off previous endings.

Hahahahah I love James Ellsworth Maggle.

The right two competitors are involved here.

THE GIRLHOOD DREAM HAS COME TRUE!! I'm glad they're getting heat on Carmella instead of going with the feel-good Becky win (as much as I love Becky).

-- 205 Live: 
- Opening video:
I hope they run with Titus wanting to be the star of 205 Live. SO much more interesting than the good-to-great wrestling on the show.

- Gallagher/Kendrick:
Jack's a lot of fun since he doesn't take himself too seriously like so many people his size do.

Wow. Brian's become quite the bitter veteran! Soon he'll have his own podcast.

Brian even heeling England!!

Glad to see Regal get a namedrop.

- Gallagher vs. Kendrick:
I'm glad Brian's fighting him instead of trying to be the more impressive wrestler. Uggggh. That gets old.

Fine stuff so far to try to outwit each other.

Brian gives the extra mile as a character.

Jack's a good wrestler even without all the silliness.

THAT WAS UNCALLED FOR, BRIAN!!!!

- Post-match:
Oh yeah, this is personal.

- Gulak/Mustafa:
Drew making the most of an angle really growing long in the tooth. Playing off the Orton controversy was GENIUS.

Ooh, Mustafa making it personal.

- Mustafa vs. Gulak:
Good start. I like a feeling out process.

I like Drew's strategy here.

Drew wearing him down!

Wow. Drew's got a solid base.

Nice work from Ali on offense.

Nice Frankensteiner tease.

HAHAHAHAAHAHA Gulak not being able to do top rope moves is more entertaining than him just refusing to do them on principle.

That wasn't bad!

- Noam/Ariya/Alicia:
Damn, Ariya's rolling pretty deep, huh?

Hahahahaha Noam taken to the cleaners by Miss Fooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooxxxx.

I hope Noam has a flip phone or has to borrow someone else's next week, being broke and all.

- Cedric vs. Ariya:
Good start.

Cedric has some great athleticism. I'm glad he's here instead of ROH.

Pretty good work here.

I'm liking the story of each side trying to beat each other, but I can see the criticism we don't have much reason to care about the match or its result.

Noam, let it go, man.

Fine enough work in a never-ending feud.

Not a bad ending sequence at all.

- Post-match:
Why do I doubt this one's really over? I think it's going to keep going as long as 205 Live is a thing.

- Neville/Tozawa:
This is definitely more interesting than "arrogant champ faces another babyface who wants to prove his worth." I get enough of that in ROH.

Neville's doing pretty well with the character, but the tires are really spinning at this point.

Neville's definitely confident that he'll win!

Such disrespect to the challenger!

Akira's scream is like 95% of his character at this point.

The mind games worked! Tozawa must have learned from working against Kendrick.

Odd to not use Titus, but this was fine without him.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment