Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Raw Reax - 6/19/17

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.
- Roman/Joe:
I like Cocky Douche Roman.

I really hope they do make Reigns a franchise player given all they've put into him being The Guy.

Oh, boy. Dirtsheets are going to have a field day about Roman not knowing Samoa Joe. Doesn't he watch ROH? Hasn't he seen Meltzer's star ratings?

I like Joe not taking anything from Roman.

If WWE named him Samoa Joe, smarks would HATE the name.

Yeah no one's making fun of Joe now.

Nice opening brawl. I hope there's more where that came from.

- Hardys vs. Club:
Please beat the Scrubs.

Fine work so far.

The Hardys being classic Hardys and the big guys doing what they do.

Fun match so far.

Both sides make pretty solid duos.

I like the combination here.

This is put together pretty well.

I like the Club more than I let on, at least as wrestlers.

NICE ending sequence. The brothers working together like only they do.

- Goldust video:
I like this guy when he gets to do what he does best.

This is pretty cool.

I hope Goldust does get a pretty decent run to wrap up a storied career.

- Elias/Finn/Bo:
Samson is a lot of cheap heat, but he's pretty fun.

I'm actually getting some Wyatt Family vibes here.

Finn's like this is a wrestling show, dude.

Finn working Bo and Elias is definitely doing to get people talking.

- Balor vs. Bo:
Bo better do all he can to get the win!

I do like Bo's aggression here.

Oh, man. This is going to get so much talk of a "burial" since Finn hasn't beaten him yet.

Finn with aggression of his own!

This is solid enough.

I wonder what's next for Finn.

- Corey leaves the table:
Man, he's getting all the scoops these days. Cole's been left in the dust.

- Corey/Angle/Enzo/Cass:
WWE would LOVE the mainstream publicity Mayweather vs. McGregor is getting. WWE needs to get Conor at Mania one of these days.

What if it's the Revival AND Big Show??????? Nah, I expect Cass is turning heel on Enzo.

- Rollins/Bray:
Seth's definitely The Man... or at least an important guy now.

I like Seth. I definitely see him as grabbing the brass ring in a way Ambrose hasn't.

That was pretty cool.

Bray is WOKE.

I like this feud. Two hard-working guys I hope have plenty of success going forward.

I definitely expect Seth to be heel again at some point. Not now, though, obviously.

Seth vs. Bray should be good.

Interesting ending.

- Finn/Elias:
Oh boooyyyy this is going to rub people wrong.

It's possible Balor finishes the Drifter at GBOF name moves on to a title match at Summerslam, but it could also be a feud that stretches to Brooklyn.

- Titus promo:
Meet the man single-handedly making 205 Live relevant. I do like the idea of showing that it's not just the sideshow division of little guys.

- Tozawa vs. TJP:
Nice start. Both men are good.

This is solid! TJP showcasing what both men can do.

So who else will come out? R-Truth?

TJP can really be something special if they let him work at the U.S./IC Title level at some point.

Nice avoiding the big senton.

Akira always using his body as a weapon.

More solid work!

And a good ending.

- Post-match:
Wow. Titus has some serious connections, huh?

Titus sonning Neville would petty much kill the division. Neville needs to teach Titus a lesson, and I say that as someone who really likes Titus.

Good to see WWE using Titus to put things over.

- R-Truth promo:
Oh my God please set up Backlot Brawl II.

This has been built pretty will.

I'm going to miss Golden Truth when they retire.

- Bo/Curtis/Miz:
Bo was GOLD with the Bolieve character. I was routinely in stitches watching him.

Miz is the man.

Hahahahahahahah Miz sonning these guys.

I'd be all for an entourage.

- Joe interview:
I like Joe carrying himself like a badass. He should.

Roman WILL know Joe by the end of the night. If he's not choked out.

- Roman vs. Joe:
I'm liking this one. Two forces of nature colliding.

This is is just a big fight. I like it.

Solid story being told here.

Joe holding his own against the former champ.

Joe dishing out some punishment here.

I like Joe's offense.

Roman is so underrated as a worker. It's criminal.

I'm enjoying this one a pretty good deal.

I'm loving all the work avoiding each other's finishers.

Some really good storytelling here.

OH SHIT BRAUN ISN'T STAYING DOWN!

That wasn't bad at all.

- Braun promo:
I'm excited for more Braun smashing.

Oh yeah, that match and Joe vs. Brock are worth way more than $9.99.

- MizTV:
As much as I love Miz, MizTV is getting pretty old.

OK, the bears stuff is fun enough here.

Awwwwww Miz is so great.

Miz is at a higher level than Ambrose's wackiness. Dean's just here to have some fun.

Oh Miz you messed up dude.

So much for that clock!

I'm really bored with Dean Ambrose.

YESSSS MIZ HAS AN ENTOURAGE!!!

- Sheamus/Cesaro vs. Titus/Apollo:
I like all these guys. Glad to see Crews in action and I don't know why they're not using him more.

Good to see a new dimension to Sheamus and Cesaro as heels.

I'm liking how everyone here meshes.

NICE combination from the Titus Brand.

That was pretty good while it lasted. I want to see more from them.

- Joe/Brock video:
I really wish they could show Joe working with the likes of Angle and Sting, but oh well.

Joe winning the title would be big.

Brock is such a cocky prick.

This will be really good.

I hope Joe surprises Brock. What if Heyman saves the champ?

I'm excited for this one!

- Nia vs. Sasha:
Oh wow are they going to set up every Raw female going for the title in one segment?

Well this is weird.

- Post-match:
I like Emma and Alexa, but this seems like a random pairing. Better than her being Emmalina, though.

They really are cramming every woman into this segment!! Are we in for Summer Rae arriving?

Some solid workers here, but they're throwing everyone together.

Fine enough.

- Women's MITB discussion:
WWE's doing a good job making that controversy matter. Hopefully it will mean good things for the division going forward. They can really run with Carmellsworth.

- Angle/Enzo/Cass/Revival/Show/Corey:
You'd think Enzo and Cass wouldn't be so chipper after what they've been through lately.

I'd be OK with Mark Henry surprising us all.

It is pretty cool to see Show and Angle together again given the history there.

I might actually miss Big Show after all. He's redeeming himself with this run.

I think Cass is playing everyone.

Corey earning his stripes here.

Uh-oh.... I don't think this is going to end well for Cass and Enzo's friendship.

WHAT I'LL BE A SON OF A BITCH!!!!!!!!

I think Cass can be a big player and Enzo can have a nice little niche, too.

Oh MAN. All that aggression coming from Cass toward his old basketball buddy.

Hahahahaha Cass getting some real heat on Enzo.

Cass has a point. They've never held gold despite teaming for a long time.

That was cool. I hope it elevates Cass.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment