Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 24, 2017

Main Event Reax - 12/23/17, Flashback Friday theme, Interviews with Bagwell/Flip/Nia/Kane, another Network trial, former Divas' Champion set to return to the ring, and Questions on women headlining the Rumble PPV, testing the WWE roster for CTE, Bryan's future, and Enzo's absence

-- Main Event:
- Kalisto vs. Ariya:
Nice start.

I love Kalisto's aerial work.

Good back-and-forth.

Kalisto's on a roll!

Pretty good work!

 - Apollo vs. Hawkins:
Apollo might become the 1 in 1-141 on this episode!!

Like Apollo needs their help to win.

Nice work here.

HAHAHAAHAH Curt's just like "pin me already. End my misery." 

Fine so far.

Hawkins finally getting the powerbomb countered.

Awwww mmmaaaaannnnn..... I had hope this would be the end of The Streak! Oh, well.

WWE Network's Flashback Friday this week celebrates past New Year's Eve/New Year's Day week content.

Buff Bagwell discussed his upcoming retirement and his failed WWE run:
- I'm glad he's retiring before he's in too much pain taking bumps.

- Some would say Ted Turner leaving his company had a bigger effect on WCW's cancellation, but things definitely started unwinding in places when Russo switched sides.

- Backstage at the last Nitro had to feel like a giant swerve.

- WCW was a tainted brand when Vince picked it up. I don't blame him for sticking with pushing Raw and Smackdown instead of trying to revive that company.

- Doing a "Dubya Cee Dubya" match headlining Raw was going to be a tough sell for the WWF faithful.

- WWE had a LOT of talent available to them when Bagwell was trying to make it there. I can't say I blame WWE for passing on him (and so many other WCW names).

- Luger should definitely go in the WWE Hall of Fame. Teddy Long belongs there, too, for his lengthy career.

Flip Gordon discussed ROH and more:
- It's crazy that we're now at a point where people cite Cena as an inspiration. It doesn't feel like it's been long enough yet!

- Fury has a great training philosophy as far as making flips mean something. Explosions in a movie can be great, but if the movie is just a bunch of excuses to do explosions, it can tiring and unmemorable.

- I hope we see Oney vs. Flip again at some point.

- Working different promotions and different countries really helps a performer gain experience and variety.

- Some people absolutely love spotfests. If that sells tickets, you're doing something right.

- I like the idea of a sizzle reel. Flip had a good philosophy there.

- Flip vs. Shane Taylor could really be fun.

- NJPW is really becoming a thing for Western wrestlers.

Nia Jax discussed meeting Alexa Bliss. I want to see that spinoff SO BADLY.

People who recently ordered from WWE Shop are being offered two free months of WWE Network. WWE has got to be panicking to get more subscribers.

The former Kaitlyn will return to action on February 10 for Coastal Championship Wrestling. She hasn't had a match since leaving WWE.

Kane spoke to the New York Post:
- Hey, I can't say I blame Kane for making the most of the time he has left, as long as he's still living up to what he needs to do to win voters over.

- I really hope Braun does have a long run.

- I miss seeing bigger wrestlers. A balance is needed.

- I mean, it's not like Taker was around that much in the past few years anyway. He'll probably be part of Mania season in some fashion this year, too.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. I wouldn't mind the women's Rumble ending things to shake things up and sell just how big of a moment that will be. It's got a decent chance to do so, too.

2. Long story short, if they think someone's got the kind of issues Bryan has, they'll test them. Otherwise, they assume talents are doing well enough to keep working.

3. That was my answer. It would be the perfect opportunity for all involved.

4. I wouldn't think so, as long as there's an amicable split. If he gives the kind of interview Punk gave, I could see him being ignored like that, but I don't see him going that route.

5. They'll probably just focus on other people for an episode.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment