Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 28, 2017

NXT and ROH Reax - 12/27/17

Read on for my thoughts on last night's NXT and ROH.

-- NXT:
- Profits vs. Star/Apex:
The Profits are pretty athletic.

Not bad at all to continue to build Montez and Angelo.

- Post-match:
I like this act so far.


We'll see how far up the card they get.

- Ember vs. Deville:
I love Sonya's MMA skills.


This is already solid.

HAHAHAH that test of strength fakeout.

NICE cannonball.

This is smooth!

I like Ember getting fired up here.

Deville's getting a lot of offense in for someone leaving the brand.

That was awesome!

- Post-match:
Really, Kairi? You already got a shot.

YAASSSS QUEEN OF SPADES.

Shayna vs. Ember could be pretty fun.

- Ellering promo:
I'm SO glad he's here talking for the Authors.

- Ember interview:
Triple threat match Rumble weekend?

- Tag title announcement:
That should be pretty fun. I like both teams' work.

- Gargano vs. Dain vs. Black vs. Lars:
Haha. Fun start.

This is a really wild combination of wrestlers.

Black is SO smooth.

Oh yeah this is already a ton of fun.

Gargano's in there with three big dudes.

Damn. This is wild.

I like how much it took to destroy Sullivan.

I hope Black has a big career ahead of him. He's a special talent.

This is a big, high-impact battle.

They're doing a good job showcasing Lars' strengths.

Damn. Johnny's just getting ragdolled.

This is a damn WAR among the big guys.

Clearly the Undisputed Era has a different idea about who should win.

I'm liking all of this.

That was really fun, but I'm underwhelmed by Almas vs. Gargano. That doesn't feel like a top title match for a brand with Adam Cole and Aleister Black. I assume Gargano won't be able to "Do It Himself" when he makes it to Rumble weekend.

-- ROH:
- Cody/Castle backstage:
Honestly I like this kind of goofy situation for a Christmas episode. It's a nice change of pace.

- Dawgs costumes:
I love it.

- Dawgs vs. Flip/Grimm:
I'm OK with a silly holiday episode here and there.

Flip's growing on me. He's given some really good interviews lately; he seems like a standup guy.

Haha Ferrara done with that costume mess.

Flip's a lot of fun.

I've missed Grimm. I hope we see him some more.

HAHAHAHA good ending.

- Cody/Castle segment:
This should be interesting.

- Cody promo:
I like Cody. He comes across as a big star at this level.

Fun stuff.

- Castle/Silas/Hanson/Scurll/Gresham vs. Cody/S. Sky/J. Woods/Sabin/Punishment:
Pretty wacky teams.

Fun work so far.

We've definitely got a mess here with so many tags in and out.

I'm OK with this one being silly in places.

I hope we see some HOSS BATTLES from War Machine in NXT/WWEin a few months.

Fun work between Hanson and Martinez.

Glad Cody didn't fight Marty just because it's a wacky Christmas tag match.

Castle adds a lot of character to things. I'm glad he's champion.

And here's your wild dive sequence of the episode.

EVERYBODY GETS A DIVE!!!

I'm liking all the teamwork here.

I love all the Germans.

This is wild! Everyone doing good work.

Funny cartwheel spot.

AHHHH Dalton winning off the Bangarang to Cody would have been brilliant.

Nice ending to the match and the show.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment