Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Raw Reax - 12/11/17

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.

- Joe/Shield/Bar:
I like the nod to Seth being hurt on Joe's first night.

Joe comes across like a big deal here.

Joe talking a big game!

So, like, where was Roman that they needed to go fetch him?

I like Roman getting right down to business.

Well this is pretty fun.

Not bad at all!

- Absolution promo:
"Absolution Train" is really lame sounding.

Ehhhhhh.....

- Bayley/Mickie vs. Paige/Rose:
Kind of odd to have Sonya at ringside here.

The faces are pretty fired up with getting revenge.

Not bad teamwork from the heels.

I like this being more of a fight than a match.

Not bad!

- Wyatt/M. Hardy:
I enjoy segments like this and Fashion Files. They break the standard "wrestling" content.

This is going to be hard to sell to people who don't "get" it.

Ehhhhhh. The constant transition effects took away from what the performers were doing.

- Enzo/Gulak:
They could have done a hilarious PowerPoint about Swann being arrested, but I don't think WWE wants to make light of domestic violence.

Wow, that's convoluted. They couldn't just have TJP or someone return as Drew's opponent?

I'd watch Drew vs. Nia.

- Miztourage entrance:
I'm dying.

- Finn vs. Curtis:
Might as well be a handicap match to give Curtis and Bo a chance.

Axel's a solid worker; we just don't get to see it much.

Balor ran right through him.

- Kane promo:
I still want to see Kane run for mayor in character.

Kane vs. Brock would actually be pretty fun from a HOSS standpoint.

- Sheamus vs. Rollins:
I like Seth going all out to beat his bigger opponent.

Sheamus is smooth. I hope he can be a singles champion again.

This is pretty cool.

Man, Rollins just constantly flies around.

I like the submission sequence here.

These two always work together well.

Seth's stamina is unreal.

I'm loving the back and forth here.

- Dean interview:
Is this attitude what's cool now? I can't get behind his character.

- Cedric vs. Mustafa vs. Nese vs. Ariya:
WWE's making up for all the years we didn't have cruiserweight matches by giving us more tan anyone could ever want to see.

A solid enough time-filler so far.

Good setup for the break.

We're in a crazy timeline where this match appears on Raw instead of ROH TV.

I mean, the action is as good as it usually is. I just can't get myself to care.

That was a pretty solid ending sequence.

- Cedric interview:
Blehhhh. He's just not that interesting as a character. But we're in the era where everyone's Happy McAthlete who's just here to win matches and entertain the crowd.

- Enzo/Gulak/Nia:
I'm excited for a PowerPoint about Enzo.

Fun enough.

- Reigns vs. Cesaro:
Nice physicality to start.

This is pretty good.

Cesaro is game as a wrestler.

This is good. I like it becoming more technical.

I'm really enjoying this.

I liked Cesaro's submissions there.

Cesaro having a big performance here.

Damn. Both men really nailing it.

That was badass. Great work from both men.

- Braun promo:
This has been good to give someone for Braun to crush for a while since he can't be Universal Champion apparently.

- Raw women brawl:
Paige is definitely making her mark here.

Asuka doesn't need to say a word here.

DAMN. Asuka almost had it without needing help.

Wait, how did they decide which woman's music got to hit??

This is pretty cool.

- Angle/Jordan:
Jason trying SO hard to impress Dad.

Jason getting kind of whiny here. Maybe that's why his mom put him off on Kurt.

- Joe vs. Ambrose:
I was going to say Jason's not going to take this sitting down, but I guess he is!

I like this one already.

This is physical. I like it.

These two really fit together.

Jason trying to make this a triple threat!

This is pretty fun.

Haha. Jason taking collateral damage here.

Wow. Jason getting attention in the wrong way here. He could be in for some ass-kickings.

That was a solid ending to protect Dean.

- Dana/Titus/Apollo/Club:
So, like, is Akira still in Titus Worldwide? We haven't seen him lately.

I'm fine with Dana joining the group. She's not doing much else.

I've been SSSSSOOOOOOOOO underwhelmed by Karl and Luke.

- Kane vs. Braun:
I wonder if Brock even watches matches like this. Somehow I think Heyman just calls him up and tells him his next opponent.

I love them not overexposing Braun in the ring. It's still special to see him smash people.

Kane better hope his mayoral opponents aren't this tough.

Pure carnage here.

- Post-match:
Don't have to worry about the reinforced ring if you fight in the crowd!

This is like an old monster movie.

I'm enjoying this a lot.

I'm loving this from a story perspective.

That was a LOT of fun.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment