Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 14, 2017

NXT and ROH Reax - 12/13/17

Read on for my thoughts on last night's NXT and ROH.

-- NXT:
- Almas vs. Aichner:
I like Andrade's aggression.

Fabian really doing impressive work against the champion.

Wow. Aichner has the champ reeling.

Almas finally getting to look like someone who just beat Drew McIntyre.

Not a bad match, but it didn't really cement Almas as the top guy on the show.

- Ember video:
I like people putting her over. This helps her credibility.


- Authors vs. Lorcan/Burch:
I like this face team.


Well, their offense was good while it lasted!!

DAMN. Pretty brutal work from Akam and Rezar.

- Next week's matches:
NXT has really stepped up its game as far as having top talents in action.


- EY promo:
Pretty good to keep SAnitY as a threat.

- Ember vs. Peyton:
Good work early. I like what both ladies bring to the ring.

Ember taking them both out!

I like the strategy here.

Good back and forth.

This is pretty nice!

I'm impressed. Peyton's really coming into her own.

Good ending sequence.

- Post-match:
The Iconic Duo refusing to concede!

Cross is a lot of fun. I like this angle.

- Street Talk:
Not bad to continue the build the team.

- Baszler video:
It'll be interesting to see how she fits into things. It makes some sense to have her work NXT TV since we might not see the other Horsewomen in action until Mania.

- Cole vs. Black:
Good start between two veterans.

Cole's in there with a tough opponent.

I like Cole's strategy.

Black's one of my favorites right now.

This is pretty solid.

OUCH that round kick catching Cole from the turnbuckles.

Cole's pretty game, too.

WOW. This is heating up well.

This is a hell of a war.

Good match!

-- ROH: 
- King vs. Caprice:
I like the story going into this one.

King is growing as a performer of note.

Solid work early.

This is pretty good so far.

Nice Northern Lights suplexes.

I'm liking everything going on here.

Nice ending! King looks good going into his title match.

- Post-match:
Nice gameplan to send a message before Final Battle.

- Addiction/Hanson:
Wow. Firing is a little extreme, no? Then again, there was talk of them leaving earlier in the year.

Oh wow. Hanson's in a bad place right now.

This is definitely more than a wrestling feud.

That almost got pretty graphic. Shit.

- Page/Bucks promo:
I don't see them losing the titles to a CMLL team, but we'll see. ROH is willing to have other companies use their titles.

- Briscoes/Bully/Dreamer/Koff:
The Briscoes clearly aren't fans of ECW.

This has been built pretty well.

I do wonder how they're going to book this in a way that won't have two of ROH's best wrestlers losing to people who were wrestling four presidents ago.

I was wondering who had been making matches with Nigel gone.

This should be a pretty insane brawl.

I'm pretty excited for this match. They've got months of build to live up to.

- Taven vs. Lethal:
Nice start.

I just can't see Lethal as world champion material.

This is solid enough.

Both men working hard.

I'm mostly enjoying this.

That was a good ending to set Final Battle up.

- Contract signing:
Cody definitely feels like a star.

I hope Castle can be a top name in the future. If Cody didn't have such appeal outside of ROH, I'd support Dalton taking the title.

That wasn't bad.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment