Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Raw Reax - 12/18/17

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.

- Angle/Braun/Kane:
I don't envy Kurt having to make decisions for these two monsters.

Brock vs. Kane could be pretty cool given the Taker story.

Fine match for me!

Damn. That was pretty decisive.

That triple threat should be quite the clash of monsters.

- Jordan/Rollins/Joe:
Seth's not the only one who doesn't want to see Jason right now.

Jason's brave.

Haha. I like Joe.

Jason's really insecure.

Jason grabbing that brass ring and making his own opportunity!!

- Rollins vs. Jordan:
Jason's smooth.

Jason looks good enough against the former Universal Champion.

This isn't bad. It's straightforward, but there's nothing inherently wrong with that.

Rollins can hang with Jason's wrestling skills.

Seth going into another gear here.

Jason is definitely working hard.

Haha Seth sending a message and taking out his opponent.

Jason looked good in there. Not Seth Rollins good, but pretty solid.

- Post-match:
Haha Joe getting revenge on both men!

- Angle/Rollins/Ambrose/Jordan:
Wow, Dean. If you wanted to face Joe, you should have interrupted Rollins like Jason did.

That works as a main event.

- Bray promo:
I like Wyatt's style of promos.

I can only imagine what's next from Matt given what he did in Impact.

- Balor vs. Axel/Bo:
At least now they have a chance against him.

Finn is really solid.

I like the drive from everyone here.

I like this one.

Fun while it lasted. I assume we're in for more coming up.

- Post-match:
OH SHIT. I expected Hideo to stick to 205 Live. This would be a good feud to add to the live events.

- Balor/Itami vs. Axel/Bo:
NOW HOLD ON JUST A MINUTE NOW PLAYAS!!!!!!


This is good early.

Axel's got a good base of skills.

Ahhhh, it's good to see Hideo run wild again. Just don't get injured!

Finn and Hideo are a pretty fun duo.

Nice ending.

- Cedric interview:
OH MY GOD THIS IS SO BLAND.

The ending was clever, but this man has NO character.

- Gulak/Enzo:
I love Gulak so much.

I'm BEGGING to see that PowerPoint.

- Gulak vs. Cedric:
Solid start.

Both men are fired up, and I'm impressed with both men's work.

Pretty good work here.

Cedric's got great agility and athleticism.

I love Drew's submission work.

That was a great ending! Cedric looked game to challenge THE REALEST CHAMP IN THE ROOM.

- Enzo/Nia/Gulak:
Ooohhh... Drew's not his friend? That's low.

The Enzo/Gulak angle has been booked really well. It's more than being the better wrestler.

That was good.

- Alicia promo:
Fox is a good sport about her current role.

- Asuka vs. Alicia:
Can't lose if your opponent never hits you!

I'm liking this so far.

Good gameplan from Alicia.

Asuka is being built effectively. That was a good win.

- Joe/Bar vs. Ambrose/Rollins/Jordan:
I like Jason's guts, but will his knee hold up?

Jordan already getting his ass kicked by three opponents.

Good work so far.

Everyone here does good work. WWE has recruited some hard workers who can really go.

I like a good tag match.

Poor Jason is the crash dummy tonight.

This is solid all around.

The Shield and The Bar have amazing chemistry.

Good match!

- Stephanie arrives:
Oh boy. I'm worried.

- M. Hardy promo:
One drawback of doing this gimmick in WWE is not having weeks to tape elaborate segments at the Hardy Compound.

This is definitely going to be looked at 15 years from now as something you had to be watching at the time to "get."

- Revival returns:
WAIT WHAT!!????? There was just a report that we were four-to-six weeks from seeing The Revival again. Pleasant surprise. I guess both men will be bodies in the Rumble?

- Revival vs. Slater/Rhyno:
Good work early.

I'm liking this so far.

I haven't seen a Shatter Machine in SSSSSOOOOOOOOOO LONG.

- Stephanie/Angle:
So, I guess we're closing the show with Stephanie continuing to set up Angle vs. HHH.

- Angle/Slater/Rhyno:
Interesting.


Oooohhh... are we in for Slater and Rhyno splitting? I don't really expect either to get a big push, but maybe Heath can join Titus Worldwide?

- Elias/women:
Hahahahaha Cheap Heat Man at it again.


Elias winning the Rumble is a scary idea, but there are always fans saying they want someone unexpected to win.

I like the idea Sasha was ready for her match and just came on down.

Elias of course assuming this is all about him.

Pretty fun to keep things going for Elias.

- Mickie/Sasha/Bayley vs. Absolution:
Good start. I'm glad Mickie's back.

I like this so far.

This is pretty physical!

Wow. That was pretty chaotic.

- Post-match: 
Nia's sick of all this.

Good use of Nia there. I liked her being a big threat.

GOOD GAWD ALMIGHTY IT'S A PIER SIX BRAWL!!

- Stephanie announcement:
I like a WWE executive putting the women over so much, but couldn't they have set this up among Angle, Shane, and Bryan? I don't know. It just felt like they threw Stephanie in when they didn't need to. Plus, they're inconsistent with her being the advocate for women and being such a heel in other contexts. This is a really big move, though. I'm glad we're going to see it.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment