Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Smackdown and 205 Live Reax - 12/26/17

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Smackdown and 205 Live.

-- Smackdown:
- Bryan/tag teams:
I assume Ziggler will pop back up when the new champion is crowned to crow about how he never lost the title. Uggghhhh.

I wonder if Angle has tried to recruit Dolph to Raw, and maybe bring the U.S. Title with him? Not that I think WWE would do that.

I did wonder how they were going to followup the Usos beating three teams. Shelton and Chad come across as a little whiny here.

Then again, they did win a non-title match.

Rusev and Aiden make a fun duo.

Fun work from New Day, too.

I liked that overall.

- Gable/Benjamin vs. Aiden/Rusev vs. Big E/Xavier:
This is already chaotic.

Everyone pulling out the stops. You almost have to in a match where three people are legal at once.

I like Big E's strength and power.

I'm liking all of this. Great athletes here.

It's tough for anyone to get momentum going without another team getting involved.

WHOA. Rusev doing a dive would have been impressive.

Great teamwork and everyone's working together to make something great. The big moves are done to win the match instead of just to show off.

I'm glad Aiden stayed on the turnbuckles. Otherwise Rusev would have just destroyed his own partner.

NICE double Accolade.

This is wild.

I liked that ending. Everyone did good work here.

- Daniel/Shane:
Oh yeah, Shane's going over to the dark side. Let's just hope he doesn't try to run his own football league.

Shane micromanaging Daniel. That doesn't bode well for him.

- F. Files:
Whoa... Chett Chetterfield is Fandango's stepdad!? That explains so much!

This has really helped The Ascension stay relevant on WWE TV.

Yeah, I'd rather have astronaut suits than a match with those two psychos.


- Breezango vs. B. Bros:
I like the faces trying to get the jump on 2B.

I like the brutality of the Bludgeon Brothers. I want to see them face War Machine, SAnitY, AND the Authors of Pain in 2018 if possible.

Damn. This is just brutal.

They might NEED a four-on-two match to beat Harper and Rowan.

- Breezango/Ascension:
Hmmm... I wonder if The Ascension are going to end up being behind the 2B beatdowns. I think I'd be OK with it, but I don't think I'll be able to take them seriously as a monster team.

- Ruby promo:
I like Ruby so far. She's taking this role and making the most of it.

- Ruby vs. Naomi:
Ruby ready to fight.

A little hard to take this as a serious fight when Naomi's doing springboard moves...

Not bad to establish Ruby as a threat. I think it's a given the Rumble will set up Absolution vs. the Riott Squad for WM34.

- Post-match:
Wow, the Smackdown women's division is just all kinds of crazy. Three different factions fighting for control here.

- AJ interview:
AJ comes across as a confident top guy. I like that.

Pretty good, but they need to drop the "house AJ Styles built" line. AJ was working for other companies for the vast majority of Smackdown's existence. He might have helped change the filter on the air conditioner and gave it a fresh coat of paint, but the brand was built a LONG time ago.

- Roode vs. Corbin:
Roode is really smooth here.

I like the style going on so far.

Roode carrying this one for the most part, but that's kind of to be expected given the experience gap.

Cool counter into the Deep Six.

That was a nice ending sequence.

- Tye promo:
He's probably extremely grateful to be in the mix to do something important.

- Tye vs. Jinder:
If Jinder can't even become U.S. Champion, he's slipped a lot pretty quickly.

Nice work so far.

Jinder does what he does pretty effectively.

I love the crossbody roll-through spot most of the time.

That was good!

- Owens/Zayn backstage:
I continue to like the allegations of a conspiracy.

This story has been told pretty well as far as building to something between Shane and Bryan.

- Orton/Shinsuke:
I like the build to the Rumble. It's obviously really important.

You know there's someone out there marking out at the minute possibility of AJ vs. Shinsuke closing WM34.

- AJ vs. Owens:I can't say I would have expected this match to headline Smackdown a few years ago, much less be a WWE Title feud.

Good work early between two veterans.

Nice story of building to the Calf Crusher.

Good work wearing AJ down.

This is a good contrast between the brawling physicality and AJ's speed and technique.

Both men impressing here.

I'm loving all the counters. These two perform at a high level.

I mean, AJ was the one who got physical with Sami!

Shane just can't help but get involved, can he?

Wow, Shane. Way to blow it for AJ.

- Post-match:
Shane causing dissension on his show here.

Nice build to more from the storyline.

-- 205 Live:
- Gulak/Cedric:
I love Gulak's denial of Enzo's treatment of him.

Nice mind games from Cedric.

- Gallagher promo:
Hideo brutalized Kendrick. I see why Jack wants revenge.

- Itami vs. Gallagher:
Good physicality.

Fun work early.

This is good. I like both these guys.

This is RUTHLESS. I like it.

I liked Jack doing Brian's submission move. Clever homage.

That was a lot of fun. I like that Hideo is so good he can just switch to another finisher without it totally throwing him off his game.

- Nese/Tozawa backstage:
Nese is also pretty conflicted about all of this.

Good enough to set their match up.

- Nese vs. Tozawa:
Good start.

These two work together pretty well.

OUCH. That's one way to counter the suicide dive.

I'm liking the story here.

Both men impressing me here.

I liked Nese having Tozawa's finisher scouted.

- Gulak/Ariya/Cedric/Mustafa:
They could have easily made the last episode of 2017 one long POWERPOINT PRESENTATION!!

I like the faces driving a wedge between their opponents.

Fun stuff from Cedric and Mustafa.

Good face promo.

- Cedric/Mustafa vs. Gulak/Ariya:
Nice start.

I'm liking the work here.

Good action so far.

Nice counter to the handspring.

This is going pretty well.

I'm impressed with the moves here.

HAHAHAHA Drew's not a fan of that move, I see.

That was a good ending sequence.

- Post-match:
See what happens when Enzo's not here to keep the peace?

More wrestling coming up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment