Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 21, 2017

NXT and ROH Reax - 12/20/17

Read on for my thoughts on last night's NXT and ROH.
-- NXT:
- Dain/EY vs. Fish/KOR:
Haha nice strategy to start.

I like the psychology here so far.

Dain and Eric are a pretty fun team.

I've missed reDRagon's smoothness.

This is good.

EY's a really good hand to tie other wrestlers' work together.

Nice teamwork and heel tactics from the former reDRagon.

Dain work against both men at once was awesome. His opponents sell for him, but don't look weak in the process.

I love Nikki attacking men like it's no big deal.

That was a good win for the new champions.

- Machinery/Tino/Riddick:
I just realized we're going to potentially have War Machine and Heavy Machinery in the same place soon. That could get confusing.

Wow. This car's pretty popular!

"Pork and weights" cracked me up for some reason.

Not bad to keep things moving on.

- Deville interview:
I'm all for seeing more of her before she's Raw-exclusive.

- Strong vs. Lars:
I love the story of a tenacious babyface against a monster heel.

Roddy is fired up. He can really go the distance.

Lars doesn't need to do a 450 splash to be effective. He just needs to smash Strong until Strong doesn't get back up.

It's crazy seeing a serious bear hug spot in 2017, but I love it.

Strong plays underdog babyface perfectly.

HOLY SHIT. Kicking out at one from a superplex is pretty badass.

AND kicking out of an Angle Slam???

That was pretty cool overall.

- Bate interview:
Not bad.

- Bate vs. Dunne:
Dunne is such a fresh competitor in 2017.

These two have a great history.

I like how these two styles mesh.

I mean, damn. Grabbing someone's nose? That's pretty brutal.

I love Dunne's work.

Can't say I expected a cartwheel from Dunne. As long as it doesn't become a regular thing.

This is really going well. It's a battle.

Both men taking this as a serious fight. I like it.

OH MY GOD that teased dislocation was brutal.

Bate has a death wish.

This feels like a pretty serious battle.

That suplex throw sequence as a thing of beauty.

The counter-wrestling here is next level.

Imagine jobbing to the airplane spin.

Both men look like warriors in this one. Damn.

They just might fight forever!

I'm loving this, but this should be their last match given how high the stakes have become. They're going to some really serious lengths in this one.

I mean, damn. How much is it going to take to pin one or the other???

That was a pretty insane ending. They could have dropped some spots with the match still being amazing.

-- ROH: 
- Addiction vs. C2C:
I like the younger names making the most of this opportunity.

I love how fired up C2C is.

The Addiction got where they are for a reason. Nice veteran work.

I'm liking this!

Pretty good ending sequence.

- Post-match:
Um, it's ROH. No match matters!


Bleh. I couldn't care much less about them splitting.

- Taylor vs. Isom:
Shane just laying into Isom here.


Isom messed with the wrong guy.

I liked the KO win. We don't see those often.

- Bucks/Scurll/Omega:
It does feel like this is the Bullet Club Show featuring ROH names sometimes.

It's definitely cool to see Omega here.

- Pulpit:
It's good to see ROH getting publicity from reality shows. I hope that brings audience awareness to another level.

Umm, Coleman, are you TRYING to become a victim of the Bullet Club?

Not a great segment. I usually like promos and outside-the-ring segments to add to things, but this one didn't really get me excited about seeing Brandi more.

- Vice Friends vs. Elite:
Wow, that was pretty rude toward Rocky.

I like this start.

Wild already.

Quite the spectacle here!

HAHAHAHAAH Rocky left out of the hug.

The Bucks have some insane hustle.

Omega on absolute fire here.

I'm loving how everyone keeps getting involved.

LOTS of big moves here, if that's your thing.

Pretty big battle going on here.

Apron head bumps always look BRUTAL.

OUCH. These apron spots.

They definitely deliver a lot of bang for the buck. I can't really fault them for that.

Crazy triple team moves.

This is absolutely insane.

Wow. Just..... wow. That was really something.

- Next week hype:
That could be pretty interesting.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment