Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Smackdown and 205 Live Reax - 12/5/17

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Smackdown and 205 Live.
-- Smackdown:
- Owens/Sami/Orton/Shane:
I'm mostly liking this bromance, but they don't feel like a main event duo.


Someone on the Smackdown writing team is a HUGE Bret Hart mark. He gets namedropped constantly.

Also, it's kind of sad they're still this obsessed with angles from 20 years ago.

Orton, of course, has had his issues with the McMahons in the past, too.

I do wonder where this all ends. I'd like to see Shane and Bryan vs. Owens and Sami, but I don't see that happening!

I like Sami's demonstration.

Sami can be a decent heel.

Wow. Randy has great timing!

Nice stipulation.

- Sami/Owens backstage:
I like that Kevin was stunned from the RKO for a while.


I keep thinking Bryan's going to turn or something.

- Aiden/Rusev/New Day:
I like this heel pairing for the most part.


- Rusev/Aiden vs. Big E/Kofi:
I liked Aiden not being able to take Big E down.


Nice enough work early.

Aiden and Rusev are blending together pretty well.

I'm glad Aiden wasn't totally left out in the cold with Simon gone.

I'm liking this!

This is pretty fun.

Good work overall!

- Mojo interview:
I still think Zack has more reason to turn. He used to be Intercontinental Champion!


Ehhh. It's hard to buy Mojo as a serious badass. We'll see how he does, though.

- Tag title match update:
Good to see Aiden and Rusev in the mix.

- Bryan/women:
Wow. Everyone's trying to get involved with the title match!


I wasn't crazy about Liv and Sarah's reasons. It was hard to take that seriously.

Fine enough change to things.

- Corbin/Roode/Ziggler:
Dolph "remember how important I was seven years ago?" Ziggler.


Actually your odds of winning only go down by about 17%, but anyway...

I'm ready for Dolph to be cast in a movie or something.

- B. Bros vs. A. James/J. Carr:
I'm hype for Harper and Rowan to face the Authors of Pain. That could be sick.


Not bad to keep building the two people who used to have first names.

- Owens/Sami backstage:
Were they hinting at the return of David Otunga to litigate this injustice?? I'd think that might distract from the two former NXT Champions.

- Corbin vs. Roode:
I like the physicality here.


This is solid enough.

Oh noooooo. Things were going well before Ziggler got involved.

- More women:
I like the intrigue here.

Ha. Natalya trying to build herself some friends here.

- Charlotte vs. Tamina:
I'm liking this so far.

Tamina can be a solid hoss.

Charlotte is already working like a veteran.

That was pretty good!

- Post-match:
Ohhh man.... not feeling Sarah's character.

And Liv is just boring.

Tamina vs. Sarah next week?

- Owens/Sami/Bryan:
They couldn't have cut some of this to have a Breezango segment?

- Sami vs. Orton:
Orton having his way with Zayn right now.

This is going well enough.

These two work together pretty well.

Hahaha. The ring crew just leaves all kinds of stuff under there! They're about as good at their jobs as security.

Those crafty Canadians have foiled Shane's plans once again! Part of me thinks Bryan is the mastermind. I would really like that. Having two babyface authority figures is pretty redundant.

This is getting frantic. I like it.

Not bad at all!

- Post-match:
I like the physicality.

I'm glad someone's coming to stop this attack.

I like the teamwork from the faces.

That was AWESOME.

- Shane/Bryan:
Wait, can Shane really do that? If he's just in charge of Smackdown, I don't see how he'd be able to prevent them from working Raw or NXT. HOWEVER, I'm sure his dad would be on-board. Either way, I hope next week Bryan stands up to his abuse of power.

-- 205 Live: 
- Gulak/Cedric/Noam:
I'm going to miss Enzo on this show, but I think Gulak will do in a pinch.

That was a pretty good way to shift responsibility to someone else.

- Noam vs. Cedric:
Nice feeling out process to start.

Cedric is pretty impressive.

I like Noam combating what Cedric is best at.

This is going well enough.

Haha, Drew's advice.

Nice ending. Was Drew's advice distracting to his partner?

- Tour promotion:
Wow, they're jumping right into this. I don't blame them.

- Swann interview:
Meh.

- Kendrick/Gallagher/Metalik:
I wonder what Brian and Jack think of the Zo Train.

Not a bad counter from Gran.

- Kendrick vs. Gran:
Metalik has some real fun with his moves.

I like this one. Brian's setting up for Gran to do his impressive offense.

This is mostly good.

That was nice!

- Drew Train backstage:
I'm enjoying this.

Fun work.

- Nese vs. Swann:
Good start.

I like the work of the partners at ringside.

These two play off each other well.

Nese getting his workout in.

This is heating up nicely.

Good work here.

Pretty good match!

- Post-match:
This is getting serious.

Not a bad ending to set up more.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment