Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 7, 2017

NXT and ROH Reax - 12/6/17

Read on for my thoughts on last night's NXT and ROH.

-- NXT:
- Regal announcement:
I like setting a theme for weeks coming ahead.

It's a shame Velveteen didn't work those tapings. He had a pretty big night in San Antonio.

- Almas/Vega:
Glad to see Andrade getting a big push.

Almas is excited, as he should be.

Pretty good smack talk here.

Nice work!

- Lars promo:
I like Lars' contrast with Roddy.

Good work. He came across as a real challenge there.

- Seven vs. Dain:
Good start.

Killian can be a BEAST.

This is pretty good!

Seven putting up a fight here.

That was solid! Good work.

- Era promo:
Cole is great.

I'm REALLY looking forward to Cole vs. Black. That has some real potential.

Cole kind of just threw his partners under a bus, since Black has defeated both.

Nice promo overall.

- Riott vs. Deville:
Oh, I'm liking this already. Both women are game.

NICE counter into the heel hook.

I like the physicality.

I like Sonya's MMA work here.

Ruby's tough. This is a good combination.

I'd crack up if someone did a Superman punch in an MMA bout.

I think Ruby can go far.

That was BADASS. I would have liked for the leader of one group to beat a member of the other, but no complains about how it ended.

- Ember/Duo:
Ember's really got a lot of work ahead of her matching up with Asuka.

The Iconic Duo are pretty fun.

Peyton's getting more important shots than Billie.

- UK Title announcement:As much as I like Dunne, I'd like to see more from some of the other UK stars.

- Kassius vs. Gargano:
Nice start.

I LOVE some good matwork every so often.

NICE counter to the slingshot spear.

Ohno's pretty good here.

OOOUUCCCCCHHHH. That missed pescado had to hurt.

Ohno can hit pretty hard.

This is solid! Both men are accomplished.

Damn. Johnny's taking a lot of punishment here.

WOW. Good win for Johnny!

- Post-match:
That was pretty cool.

-- ROH: 
- Scurll vs. Bruiser:
I like the contrast between these two.

Marty's pretty solid, and Bruiser does his role well.

OOOHHHHH that missed cannonball.

Good strategy here.

Good power from Bruiser. I think Marty has the technical advantage.

I like Marty's submission work.

Not bad!

- Castle promo:
I like the build Dalton's gotten. I don't see ROH doing a title change given how much of a star Cody is,but it's good to see Castle in the spotlight.

- Briscoes:
OH MY GOD. Good way to build Mark and Jay as heels.

I'm liking this.

Fun work!!

- Pulpit:
This has been better than Caprice having random, meaningless matches. We'll see where it leads.

- MCMG vs. Vinny/TK:
The Guns are solid experienced fliers.

This is starting pretty well.

Ha. Nice figure four spot.

Hahahaa a little soon to take those belts!

I'm enjoying the teamwork from the Guns.

Wow. This is pretty solid.

Not bad at all!

- Flip vs. Page:
Fun work early.

Gordon's pretty solid.

I usually enjoy Page.

Gordon's got some good fire.

Heck, both men can fly around well.

That was an awesome ending!

- Post-match:
The Bucks and Bullet Club seem to always come out ahead, which is what a lot of fans want.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment