Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 11, 2018

NXT and ROH Reax - 1/10/18

Read on for my take on last night's NXT and ROH.

-- NXT:
- Era promo:
Nice mission statement to start the show.

- Baszler video:
I saw this earlier in the week, but it's still hilarious.

- Shayna vs. Kai:
Baszler dominating the Kiwi here.


Damn.

That was cool.

- Post-match:
Nice work. They're building Shayna well.

- Authors/Ellering:
I'm ready for them to come to the main roster after Mania to wreck people left and right.

- Baszler/Regal:
Surprising to see the villainous Regal objecting to her tactics.

Shayna is pretty based. I like this.

- Ohno vs. Mendoza:
Wow. Raul is 205 Live ready.

Impressive so far.

Mendoza looks credible here.

Good to see Raul showing what he can do. I'm impreesed.

Nice ending sequence! I wonder what's next for Kassius.

- Vega press conference:
Zelina taking this role and running with it.

Vega is quite the hype girl.

Good work.

- Gargano/Dream:
YES. He's back!!

Wow. Velveteen's pretty cocky here.

I'm guessing Johnny shows Velveteen the errors of his reasoning.

- Profits/Regal:
Good for Montez and Angelo to stumble upon Regal's office, right?

Oooohhh.... I mean, they got their match, but I don't know if that's going to end well for them.

- Rush vs. Lars:
Hey, Lio's back!! I hope he's ready to pay some dues against the new king hoss.

I love monster Lars working against someone who can bump like crazy.

Rush got to show off his acrobatics, which I guess is a win to him?

Fine enough.

- Post-match:
Oh, I REALLY want to see Lars vs. Killian.

HAHA WELCOME TO THE BIG LEAGUES LIO.

- Era/SAnitY:
I'm all for all a six-man war here.

- Era/Cross/Regal/Strong/Black:
I like this cocky heel trio.


I LOVE Cross being game to fight three decorated stars.

I like this show kind of breaking the format with a change in the advertised main event.

I wonder if Strong would have ended up in Cole's faction if he had debuted later.

Now THIS is a cool team.

- Fish/KOR vs. Black/Strong:
Nice start.

Oh this is intense.

Nice work here.

I hope all four men have big futures in WWE.

The former reDRagon are a really fluid team.

Strong is really on fire here. I like it.

This is quite the fight!

Hahaha Cole with the save.

Nice ending.

- Post-match:
I'm liking the invasion angle so far.

Damn. Black's really getting worked over here.

NICE. That should be one hell of a match in Philly.

-- ROH:
- Castle/Boys/Lethal/Martinez:
I'm still pretty surprised Dalton's ROH Champion.

Good to see Castle getting this kind of spotlight. Cody's a big star without the title.

Dalton definitely survived a battle.

Ummm... I still think ROH is something of a small pond compared to NXT, and to some degree Impact.

See, Castle, when you win the belt, people come out of the woodwork to talk to you.

Castle brings something different to the ROH main event scene that is REALLY refreshing.

Pretty funny use of the Boys as seats.

Lethal's just kind of... eh. It makes sense to use him to give Dalton's reign some credibility, though, like Orton working with Jinder.

See, Punishment knows how to get the champion's attention.

Pretty good overall.

- Kingdom promo:
That wasn't bad! They're growing on me. 

- Silas vs. Grimm:
Nice matwork to start.

Wow. I wouldn't mind seeing Grimm here more often.

Silas has really stepped his game up. I'm impressed.

This is good from a technical standpoint.

Grimm is absolutely game to work here more.

Good work!

- King/Silas:
Pretty promo-heavy show for ROH.

Good to see Silas being featured like this.

That was good! It was more than "golly gee I sure would like a title shot, Mr. Champion!"

- Briscoes vs. Isom/R. Nova:
Good to see viciousness from the Briscoes.

They're killing this jabronis!

Pretty efficient destruction from Mark and Jay.

- Post-match:
I liked that other than putting over MCMG. Keep it intense after that big blood feud.

- Silas/Bruiser:
Oooh, this is interesting.

- Hung Bucks backstage:
Fine enough to set up the next flipfest.

- Scurll promo:
I like Marty taking credit for Jay's one-night transformation.

Good to see so many people interested in the top title.

- Flip vs. Scurll:
Nice start. I love a good feeling out process.

Flip's definitely talented.

They've done a good job showing the differences between these two.

Both men impressing me here.

They're working together pretty well.

Flip flying around like no one's business.

Flip going pretty hard here!

I'm incredibly impressed. This is solid.

That's a lot of big moves to not lead to a pinfall.

Not bad. Kind of a come-from-behind win, but the overall match was nice.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment