Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Smackdown, MMC, and 205 Live Reax - 1/23/18

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Smackdown, MMC, and 205 Live.

-- Smackdown:
- Owens/Sami/AJ/Bryan:
I like the shot at the 5,000 legends on Raw 25.

Part of me thinks the co-champion thing would be kind of fun.

I do wonder what's next for Kevin and Sami at the end of this. At some point, each character could use something new to do. In some ways, the best thing to happen to them is being on separate brands so WWE would have to come up with new things for them to do.

The Yep Movement is pretty fun.

Haha AJ's family being fans of Kevin and Sami. I like it.

Interesting to give away so much of the title match on this show. That's part of the problem with the product now. By the time the big show comes, everyone's already faced off so many times!

- Bryan/Shane:
I'm ready for this feud to end. Go ahead and set whatever they're going to set up for Mania and let others get TV time.

- Jey vs. Gable:
Impressive athleticism from Gable. I like it.

Solid back and forth here.

Good strategy from Gable.

I like the action overall here.

Nice ending. I'm pleasantly surprised they're letting Chad do Chaos Theory.

- Nakamura/Corbin:
Shinsuke doesn't feel special.

Kind of a weak setup to a match, but it did its job of promoting the Rumble.

- Tye promo:
Wow, last year's Rumble feels like forever ago for him. He really fell off the map post-NXT. Remember, though, not everyone can get a big push.

- Naomi vs. Liv:
Naomi's pretty solid.

I hope Liv didn't just get Paiged.

Liv's kind of... meh.

OK to build to Sunday.

- Post-match:
Everyone getting practice for the Rumble it looks like!
 
I'm interested to see what the women's title matches will be at Mania.

- Shinsuke vs. Corbin:
Pretty much the same things we always see from these two.

Imagine Baron just going to the back during the Rumble so he can come back out at No. 30 or something.

Nakamura is fun when he gets momentum going.

NICE counter to the Deep Six.

This is heating up well.

I'm liking where this is going.

OH MY VINTAGE RANDY ORTON THE VIPER HAS JUST STRUCK

- Post-match:
I love it. For the most part.

- New Day/Roode:
I like this combination.

Pretty fun.

- Roode/Xavier/Kofi vs. R. Day/Jinder:
Nice tag action so far.

I like Rusev's power.

These sides are working pretty well together.

Nice ending!

- Shane/Owens:
Wow. I don't blame Stone Cold for stunning him at all.

Yeah, this whole angle is really dragging on at this point.

- AJ vs. Owens:
Wow holy shit I hope that was just a ploy by Owens to set AJ up for a beatdown, because he just looked like a Grade A Chump.

- Post-match:
AJ doesn't exactly look like a face here.

Good to see Sami fired up.

I like this.

- Sami vs. AJ:
Again, I hope Owens is pulling one over on AJ, Shane, etc.

Sami's on a mission!

Well at least Sami's lasting longer than Kevin!

Good athleticism from both men.

Haha AJ just adding to Owens' injury. Jerk.

Nice Frankensteiner spot.

Impressive "chess match" going on here.

Both sides really delivering here.

Glad to see Sami get a big win.

- Post-match:
I'm ready for the payoff to this one. 

-- MMC:
- Last week's viewership numbers:
That's pretty big! We'll see if this series leads to more from WWE online.

- Big E/Carmella vs. Miz/Asuka:
Ahhh I love Big E.

Yeah, I don't blame Carmella for being hesitant!

Haha Carmella doesn't have much choice here, huh?

I'm dying at the "L" spot.

Fun work between the women.

Nice counter to Big E's signature spear.

I like the combined kicking spot from Miz and Asuka.

Big E and Miz work pretty well together.

Wow. I expected Carmella to be dead by now.

Nice ending.

- Post-match:
This combination is great. I wouldn't mind seeing more of it after this show wraps up.
 
-- 205 Live: 
- Bryan announcement:
The Enzo situation was pretty sudden. I think they'd normally have Angle make announcements on a Raw-centric division, but obviously Bryan was at the Smackdown taping while Kurt wasn't.

Could Rockstar Spud be the new GM? I think I'd be good with that. Things are really going to change without Enzo.

- Kalisto/Metalik/Lince vs. TJP/Ariya/Nese:
Smooth work early.

Lots of fast movement here.

I'm impressed with the athleticism here.

Good action so far.

I like the flying teamwork.

Pretty fun ending sequence.

- Post-match:
Interesting.

- Gulak promo:
Gulak as GM would be pretty great if he can still wrestle regularly. I don't see that happening, though.

- Itami promo:
Pretty good.

- Itami vs. Gallagher:
Good work so far.

A little hard to take this as a blood feud when Jack's doing a headstand.

Good physicality here.

I like Gallagher's intensity.

Good work from Jack here.

Itami finally getting momentum going. Jack really had him grounded with all those submissions.

I liked that ending sequence.

- Cedric promo:
LAME. He should be more upset. Heck, he should put himself forward as the next champion after winning the contendership series.

- Cedric vs. Mustafa:
Fine technical start.

And we're back to flips.

Pretty basic matwork, but it's done well.

Fine enough, I guess? It's hard for me to care about most of the people remaining on this show.

Both men pulling out some impressive moves.

This is heating up pretty well.

Nice Lumbar Check counter.

Pretty fun!

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment