Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 18, 2018

NXT and ROH Reax - 1/17/18

Read on for my thoughts on last night's NXT and ROH.

-- NXT:
- Tino/Riddick vs. H. Machinery:
I enjoy Team Steaks and Weights.

This is fun so far.

Wow. That was largely the hosses until the surprise pin.

- Era promo:
I hope we see these guys face The Shield at some point.


- Strong vs. Aichner:
Aichner's got a good base.

Nice so far.

I like when Roderick gets on a roll.

Both men are solid. Strong can work with just about anyone.

NICE springboard spot.

Good ending!

- Post-match:
I'm all for those two facing off again. I enjoyed their first clash.

- TM-61 video:
I've missed them a LOT.

Good work establishing them as sympathetic characters.

- Evans vs. Aliyah:
OUCH. Grabbing someone by the ear is just mean!

Aliyah's growing on me.

Interesting ending.

- Post-match:
Wow, Lacey doesn't waste any time getting to business, huh?

Be careful what you wish for, Lacey!

I'm liking Baszler a lot.

Moon vs. Baszler should be really good.

- Regal/Vega:
I like Zelina as Andrade's mouthpiece.

- Gargano promo:
Johnny plays his role pretty well.

I look forward to next week's match.

- Authors vs. Profits:
Well, Angelo and Montez had a nice run...

It's just a matter of time before Akam and Rezar are crushing fools on Raw or Smackdown. I assume they're being saved for the week after Wrestlemania. That's probably a good idea.

I love the Authors. Part of me wants to see them wrestle War Machine before being called up.

Solid babyface offense.

Authors vs. Fish and O'Reilly should be really good.

-- ROH: 
- Lethal vs. Ospreay:
Nice psychology to start.

The triple suicide dive spot is getting tired.

This is heating up well.

Ospreay's someone to keep an eye on in the years ahead.

Nice counter of big moves from each talent.

This feels pretty big for a TV match.

Both men know each other's gameplan pretty well.

Pretty nice work!

- Coleman/Gresham:
Coleman's decent as an annoying heel.

Ehhhhhh. Kind of bland.

- King vs. Milonas:
Kenny's another guy who often really delivers.

Ha. Nice fan interaction.

Milonas doing a decent job posing a threat here.

Pretty good win for Kenny.

- Post-match:
I like King getting right to his goal.

Oooh, interesting. It looks like there's a new alliance here.

- SoCal/Koff:
Oh. We're going to see more of Koff as a character. I'm split.

Wow. Way to bury two of your most tenured employess, Joe.

Oh shit! Good acknowledgement of other promotions.

I'll be very interested to see what comes of the tease of this being Addiction's last year in ROH. A lot can change in 11 months.

- Castle/Boys vs. Kingdom:
This is a pretty interesting combination!

Fun work so far. I'm glad Dalton got the big win.

The boys are out of their league here!

Haha. Fun Tombstone spot.

That was quite the ending.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment