Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Raw Reax - 1/8/18

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.

- Roman/Jordan/Rollins/Balor Club/Angle:
Good promo from Roman. His character had something to fight for besides being THE BIG DOG, etc.

I love Jason thinking he's part of The Shield now. Please play up goofy oblivious babyface Jason if you're not turning him heel.

FINALLY Jason is put in a position to be entertaining. His character was very white-bread before this.

Might as well keep Finn with his NJPW pals. None of them are doing much else.

This version of Jason is definitely better than what he had been doing.

Good setup for later.

- Bayley/Sasha vs. Sonya/M. Rose:
Nice start.

I liked Bayley's work early.

Good work here overall. Sasha and Bayley are leading their opponents well.

Sonya adds something fun and different to the match.

That was pretty solid! The former champions showed why they are where they are in the company.

- Goldust/Cedric:
This should be interesting.

I like wise veteran Goldust.

- Goldust/Alicia:
That could also be pretty fun.

- M. Hardy promo:
Blehhhhh. This is already getting old.

- M. Hardy vs. Hawkins:
Nice frenzy from Matt.

Fine to show off Matt's gimmick.

Another night for the One Man J.O.B. Squad!

- Post-match:
Eh. This is definitely different from anything else on the show, for what that's worth.

- Elias/Miz/Bo/Curtis:
Elias plays the crowd well.

HE'S BACK!!!!!

Miz is in demand.

I love Bo and Curtis as fanboys. I like my wrestling a little goofy in places.

Miz puts things over really well.

Hopefully Miz doesn't lose the Intercontinental Title to Bret after saying that. Bret did beat him for the U.S. Title, after all.

Good work overall. I hope Elias joins on a permanent basis.

- Balor Club:
They definitely need to show something beyond "hey we worked together in Japan." That's not much of a gimmick.

- Enzo promo:
I missed Enzo last week.

NICE line about Cedric and gold.

- Enzo vs. Cedric:
Not a very technical match so far.

This is an interesting combination of workers and styles.

Damn, Enzo. Don't go right back to the hospital!

- Enzo/Nia:
I guess we'll see how things go for him come "205 Live."

- Angle/Bar/Miz:
I like the tease of a surprise in the Rumble. We'll probably see a decent number of them; the idea has people excited.

Should be a good title match at the Rumble. I wonder if those four will be in the Rumble match itself.

Who will be The Bar's competition??

Umm, why didn't Miz announce this when he had his own show earlier in the night?

- Asuka/Alexa:
I get the feeling Nia's going to be a little occupied to help Miss Bliss.

- Bar vs. Titus/Crews:
I like the big man battle here.

Man, another injury? Who would replace Apollo in the MMC if he has to miss the series, too?

I really like the teamwork from the Europeans.

That wasn't bad, but it wasn't great, either. Titus and Apollo are still getting used to being a duo.

- Heyman/Brock/Kane/Braun:
Heyman is one of the best consistent talkers I've ever heard.

I love when Heyman throws in a word like kvetch.

AHAHAHAH I love the idea of Brock trying to pin both men at once.

I'm loving the monster battle.

Wow. There's some real destruction here.

DAMN. It's going to take some serious damage to beat anyone in the match.

Pretty cool segment.

- Joe vs. Rhyno:
Another battle of big bruisers. I like it.

Joe's really wearing him down.

NICE ending. Joe's an efficient killing machine.

- Post-match:
I like how Joe views how things have gone between him and Rhyno.

Joe could be quite the force in the Rumble.

I would absolutely watch Joe vs. Cena. They began their careers together in California.

- Nia/Alexa:
I'm shocked Alexa and Nia have stayed together this long given Alexa's self-centeredness.

Alexa vs. Nia at WM34 would be interesting. Or maybe a triple threat with Asuka?

I love Alexa's manipulation.

I LOVE Mean Girl Alexa.

- Asuka vs. Nia:
Not bad to set up a bigger match. They had some wars in NXT.

- Reigns/Rollins/Jordan vs. Balor Club:
Rollins and Finn are unbelievably smooth. 

This is going well so far.

HAHAHAAHAH Jason celebrating despite not even doing a move yet.

Reigns has really found his groove.

Anderson and Gallows work well as stablemates. They're a solid enough pairing.

I'm liking Roman versus Karl and Luke.

Rollins just goes all out.

I mean, wow. Seth's stamina is unreal.

Man. Jason desperate to prove himself to his partners here.

I like the story being told here with the face team.

Reigns is really tearing it up.

NICE ending sequence. Good to see Finn doing something worthwhile.

- Post-match:
Nice attack from Team Miz.

Good work to get the focus back on Roman vs. Miz.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment