Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Raw 25 Reax

Read on for my thoughts on last night's 25th anniversary episode of Raw.

- McMahons/Austin:
I really hope this doesn't turn into the 250th McMahon angle. I mean, that'd be fitting and all, but we've seen so much of that already.

Vince really isn't the type to glorify his own accomplishments (outside of his megalomaniacal character).

Wait, really? I'd like to think Stephanie at least is loaded enough to get a nice plaque by herself.

Should have known Vince couldn't stay face for long.

Ahh, vintage Vinnie Mac.

I wouldn't be shocked at all to see this same segment on Raw 35. They're going to play off Austin vs. Vince as long as they can.

I like Vince trying to get sympy from Ol' Stone Cold. Like he doesn't work out constantly.

VINTAGE Stone Cold!

Vince trying to buy Stone Cold off is great.

BAH GAWD STONE COLD STONE COLD STONE COLD etc.

Now that that's over, go ahead and get to DX in a tank and the other Attitude Era nostalgia. Are we not going to see Damien Demento return to challenge Taker again??

- Bayley/Sasha/Asuka/Mickie vs. Sonya/Mandy/Nia/Alicia:
Asuka vs. Sonya could be fun if both of them did the most of their style.

Fun work so far.

I'm pleasantly surprised they haven't had Trish, Lita, Molly, Ivory, etc. run in yet.

I'm liking this.

Good ending.

- Post-match:
Wow. Asuka. You still won the match!

- Angle/cameos:
This show is just going to be a whole lot of "look who it is" I suppose.

- Taker promo:
I guess he's leaving out losing to Brock and Roman.


Well that was a whole lot of nothing.

- APA, etc.:
Good times.

Not bad for another cameo segment.

- GMs honored:
Missing AJ Lee and Vickie Guerrero, but I'm not shocked by either absence. I'm pretty sure Vickie's in school full time. 

- Miz vs. Roman:
Oh, wow. I thought this was the main event!

I'm liking what's more or less a handicap match.

Roman does quite a few clotheslines, huh?

Reigns is really becoming more of a "Five Moves of Doom" wrestler.

I liked Miz getting his feet on the ropes.

I love the help from The Miztourage.

Nice SCF counter.

Man, Seth and Jason need to be looking out for their boy here.

FINALLY the referee sends them back.

That wasn't bad at all!

- More poker:
Yeah, it was going to be hard to have a show with this many cameos without it turning into somethng like this.

- Peep Show:
It's odd acknowledging Christian's tag career without Edge with him.

I love Jason's overly enthusiastic attitude.

Ahhhh Jordan's such a kiss-ass.

Hahahaha The Bar saying the legends were there as fans of them. I love it.

Fun work from The Bar.

Jordan understandably kind of limited here from a physical perspective.

Hahaha Seth hitting his partner.

- Alexa/Flairs:
Not bad, I guess.

- Bray vs. Woken Matt:
Wow. Bray pretty much starting off trying to hit Sister Abigail. I like it.

Pretty good so far.

Ha. Woken Matt isn't scared of the flexibility.

Not bad to keep things going. I assume Matt meets his family and friends to set up the next stage of this.


- Women honored:
Nice to see some of these names again.

- Elias/Y2J:
I kind of wish the Honky Tonk Man and Jeff Jarrett were part of the guitar shenanigans here.

Bleh.

- Elias/Cena:
I like Elias' arrogance here.

Eh. Jimmy Fallon.

Ugggggghhhhhhhhh another beach ball. Wrestling audiences are ruining wrestling.

Like Elias was going to pull one over on John.

WOW. They're pretty behind Elias, huh? I guess Joe's injury has made them do a backup plan with him.

- More poker:
Meh. This is getting a little old.

- Henry/Godfather:
Wow, things really have changed if Godfather is married!

- Titus/Apollo vs. Slater/Rhyno:
I like the power stuff here.

OK so far.

Not bad to keep things going forward.

- Post-match:
Wow. I guess ECW blood goes deeper than Heath having kids.

Dang. Slater's having a rough night.

Not bad for more nostalgia.

- AJ/Gene:
Nice!

The "Kami" thing is pretty forced at this point.

OK enough. I'm ready for the feud to wrap up.

- DX/Hall/Balor Club:
Haha funny acknowledgements of things PG WWE doesn't do anymore.

Funny plug for the WWE Network.

WHOA. Good to see them acknowledge the former members.

Another long "remember these people" segment, but I think that's what people wanted.

Interesting passing of the torch there.

- Gallows/KA vs. Revival:
This could be a lot of fun if both sides got to go all out.

I like The Revival looking to make a statement.

Fine work so far.

Well that was quick!

- Post-match:
Damn. The Revival are getting thrashed. 

- Angle/Braun/Kane/Heyman/Brock: 
I like Angle using a 25 years worth of bodyguards for this madness.

I assume Brock and Heyman will do something like this at Raw 35, too.

That was pretty fun. I doubt Braun's taking the title, though.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment