Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Raw Reax - 1/1/18

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.
- Angle/Alexa:
Wow. You'd think they'd save the Wrestlemania-level matches for Wrestlemania instead of throwing them out in the first segment of Raw.

- Angle/Bar:
Wow. That's quite the announcement for the women's Rumble. Looks like we'll see quite the lineup in that match, with plenty of guests.

I hope Raw doesn't win both matches, at least without good reason. Asuka should win the women's match, but there are a number of candidates for the other match.

Having a relative as an active wrestler is a nice change of pace for an authority figure. We don't really see that often.

I mean, Jordan's been tag team champion before. He's not totally unqualified.

It's notable Seth and Jason didn't come out together.

I like this dynamic between Seth and Jason.

- Cesaro vs. Jordan:
Solid start. Both men are smooth technicians.

Cesaro's very comfortable in a WWE ring. I like it.

Cesaro is on a roll here.

Damn. Cesaro really targeting that leg.

Impressive suplexes here.

AHHHHH The Bar almost got the win there.

I LOVE the continued submission work.

Nice ending.

- Reigns interview:
I like Roman's attitude.

Not bad.

- Bray vs. Apollo:
I like Bray being a believable monster.

Pretty good work to showcase Wyatt.

Ummm.... Dana, I don't know if getting up there is the best idea.

I liked Apollo getting a last-ditch chance there.

Pretty good ending.

- Post-match:
I assume we're in for an incredibly wacky spectacle between Matt and Bray at the Rumble.


- Nia/Alexa:
Chicken noodle soup is gross. A Certified G deserves something else when he's sick.

Not bad to continue the Nia/Enzo angle.

- Asuka vs. Alexa:
Alexa smart to get out of Dodge here.

Good work so far.

Asuka is really, really good.

I like the story here. Alexa is scared to death.

I'm loving all the submissions.

Alexa is way out of her league trying to beat Asuka.

NICE ending, but now what do you do for the rest of the way to Wrestlemania??

- Joe interview:
I like Joe's goals here.

OOOOHHH. That shot at Ambrose IN FRONT OF DEAN'S WIFE.

Great promo.

- Braun vs. Rhyno:
Rhyno might be the Man-Beast, but he's not at the same level as BRAUN.

Braun taunting Heath is great.

Slater willing to take the bullet for his partner. That's impressive.

Nice work.

- Post-match:
Good story here from the man who's got kids.

POWERSLAM CITY!!!!

BAH GAWD ENOUGH IS E-DAMN-NOUGH!!

R.I.P. Slater and Rhyno.

- Roman/Rollins/Jordan:
Roman could lose the title if he gets this cocky!

I love Jason's role here. He's reminding me a bit of classic Kurt.

- Braun/Kane:
Kind of weird to see the two of them just talking things out.

I kind of wish Braun was facing Brock at Mania one-on-one. I hope they have something big planned for Strowman that night. He could retire Kane at the event if they so wanted, but that would REALLY be stretching this feud out.

- Angle/Finn/Club:
Finn has definitely gotten a raw deal from when he was champion.

FINALLY we get the Balor Club. I'm mildly enthused.

- Joe vs. Reigns:
Joe's not wasting any time!

Joe getting disqualified himself would be interesting.

Fun work so far. These two work together well.

Solid work here. Joe's veteran instincts are on full display.

I like the way Joe wears his opponents down.

Roman on a roll here. I like it.

This is quite the war!

Nice avoidance of the Superman punch.

I like a rough fight here and there.

The Superman punch really isn't that super when someone kicks out of two in a row.

Nice tease of Joe winning off the ref bump.

Nice counter to the clutch.

Good work overall.

- Angle/Heyman:
I wouldn't be shocked to see Brock beat both challengers at once.

- Gulak/Ariya/Cedric/Goldust:
OH MY GOD this Drew promo.

Well that's a surprising partner!!

- Cedric/Goldust vs. Ariya/Gulak:
Cedric's growing on me.

Nice work so far.

Goldust can absolutely still contribute as a worker. I wouldn't be against him working 205 Live. Heck, there are a number of people not doing anything who could move to the show.


Pretty impressive work there. I liked the ending sequence.

- Elias/Curtis/Bo:
Elias is my current choice to win the Andre battle royal.

Curtis and Bo are a pretty fun duo. They make good extras.

I miss Miz. I hope he wants to walk with Elias.

- Balor Club vs. Elias/Axel/Bo:
Fine work early.


Elias has a solid foundation as a worker.

I'm liking this.

Not bad at all! This could be something new and fresh for the Good Brothers.

- Brock/Heyman/Kane:
This has felt like a pretty long title reign. Thankfully it hasn't been something we see every week/month.

I love Heyman's taglines.

I love the idea of Brock beating everyone in the Rumble. That's quite the boast!

Heyman talks such a great game.

Kane could be world champion in 1998 and 2018. Let that sink in for a second.

That was fun to continue the build to the Rumble.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment