Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Smackdown, MMC, and 205 Live Reax - 1/30/18

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Smackdown, MMC, and 205 Live.

-- Smackdown:
- Shinsuke/Owens/Sami:
Nakamura had a pretty big night!

Co-champions could have been pretty fun, actually.

I REALLY hope we move into something interesting with Owens, Zayn, and Shane.

Good thing AJ's helping his Wrestlemania opponent.

HOLLA HOLLA HOLLA PLAYA!!!!!!!!!

- Bryan/Sami/Owens:
Uggghhhhh. Right back to Owens vs. Sami? I'm ready for this to all wrap up.

- Kofi vs. Ryder vs. Rusev vs. Jinder:
I like Kofi going right for the win.

DAMN YOU THOSE PANCAKES WERE INNOCENT!!!!

Kofi getting stomped here. Damn.

Jinder and Rusev would have been a fun duo, but now Rusev should go face.

No alignment between Jinder and Rusev, I see.

Ryder getting the win would be a nice surprise.

Nice run for Kofi.

Love the double accolade.

That was a really good ending. I hope Rusev gets a big push here.

- F. Files:
Hahaha.

I like the new direction for Chad and Shelton.

OH COME ON THOSE WERE VALUABLE LAPTOPS!!!!

- Usos promo:
I do wonder what's next for these guys.

Haha American Alpha I and II.

I really like the confidence.

Ooooohhh.... Usos vs. Bludgeon Brothers could be fun.

- B. Bros vs. Local competition:
DESTROYED. Fun work.

- Top 10:
This sounds really stupid. I couldn't care less about a ranking system.

- Shane/Tye/Corbin:
I'm glad Tye wants revenge.

I hate this list nonsense already.

Meh.

- Charlotte/Riotts/Carmella:
"Broke the internet" is getting old.

Charlotte vs. Rousey could be really good. Heck, so could Charlotte vs. Asuka.

I hope Charlotte vs. Ruby happens at Fastlane.

I like Ruby a lot.

Charlotte's gutsy to fight them all off.

I'm glad three people can beat one!

Smart of Carmella to take advantage.

Oh, well. At least she didn't get Corbined.

- Shinsuke/AJ:
It's going to be a dull road to Mania. Neither man has a lot of character.

- Carmella interview:
I love when heels play things off like they were in control the whole time.

- Corbin vs. Tye:
I like Corbin taking an advantage here.

Fine story so far.

Corbin does his role well enough.

I like Tye fighting back here.

Not bad at all!

- Rusev vs. Roode hype:
Rusev is a lot of fun.

That should be a really good match.

- More Sami/Kevin backstage:
This storyline had so much potential, but they're throwing it all away to appeal to the niche NJPW audience with AJ vs. Shinsuke. NJPW is definitely doing a good job, but I don't think WWE should try to be a less popular promotion.

- Shelton/Gable vs. Breezango:
I like the technical skill on display.

This is pretty fun so far.

Good think Breeze and Fandango don't have to win to be over!

Fine ending. Are they going to beat The Ascension next?

- Owens/Zayn vs. AJ/Shinsuke:
Good action early.

Everyone here is talented.

I hope Sami and Kevin are playing us. It's way too soon to split them.

I do like Sami's cockiness.

Kevin and Sami were finally doing something fresh, but now they have to feud again. I'm losing faith in WWE in some ways.

AJ and Shinsuke make a fun team.

Not bad at all.

- Post-match:
Imagine Sami Zayn being world champion going into Wrestlemania. Holy shit. I'd rather have Jinder.

-- MMC:
- Braun/Alexa vs. Sami/Lynch:
Good start.

I love the Alexa/Braun dynamic.

This is pretty fun.

Haha Sami's probably glad he's not on the same brand as Braun anymore.

Fun stuff.

I LOVE Alexa cheering Braun's beatdown on. This is amazing.

I'm liking this a lot. WWE can be more fun when it's not as serious.

Braun and Sami is a pretty fun combination.

Great press slam spot.

LOVED that ending. Braun and Alexa needs to be a regular thing.

- Post-match:
I'm DYING. This is great.

That makes up for a lackluster Smackdown.

-- 205 Live: 
- Bryan/Maverick:
Good to see "Drake" here. He's fun.

At least a tournament gives everyone something to do.

Looks like we'll have some guests on this show.

- Cedric vs. Metalik:
I like Cedric getting more physical here.

Cedric had some momentum there.

Metalik is always impressive.

These two working together well.

I'm liking the countered finishers.

Nice ending sequence.

- Maverick/Gulak:
Ahh Gulak already trying to get in good with the boss.

This show really needed some personality with Enzo gone. I hope they let "Drake" let loose.

- Mustafa promo:
OH MY GOD THIS IS SO BORING. "Golly gee I love wrestling!"

- TJP/Drake:
I liked Drake slamming TJP for still boasting about the CWC.

- Akira promo:
Holy shit, really? I'd rather have Great Khali as GM. That would be pretty funny, actually, if Khali could handle the travel.

- TJP vs. Bate:
I like the start here.

This is just straight-up good wrestling.

Both men are very solid.

I like how these two work together.

Loving all the submissions.

I'm loving what both men are bringing in here. Each man's talent is multifaceted.

They're telling quite the story!!

They're taking this to a big level. Wow.

I'm loving all the kneebar work.

Really great match all around. This could be a good feud.

- Next week:
Itami vs. Strong should be really good. Wow.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment