Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Smackdown, MMC, and 205 Live Reax- 1/16/18

Read on for thoughts on last night's Smackdown, Mixed Match Challenge, and 205 Live.

-- Smackdown:
- New Day promo:
Hey, at least some new names are getting the chance to be in the title picture.

Fun work so far.

Imagine fans voting on the U.S. Champion!

I like New Day being able to more or less do their own thing.

I liked the Dragon Ball reference.

- Jinder vs. Xavier:
Wow. Jinder already asserting his will. Not a shock, though, given him recently being WWE Champion.

Woods is trying, but Mahal keeps shutting him down!

Jinder is pretty solid at wearing his opponent down.

Nice counter to the Honor Roll.

This is a LOT of submissions wearing Xavier down.

This is going longer than I expected.

That was pretty good. A little long, but the action was solid.

- Corbin promo:
LOL OK Corbin. He'll almost certainly be in a multi-man clustermess, either for the Andre battle royal or something for the U.S. Title.

- AJ interview:
Ehhh.

Not bad to continue the road to the Rumble. I'm kind of ready for it to all wrap up.

- Women Rumble promos:
I love the cat puns.

That was all pretty cool.

- Roode vs. Rawley:
Roode showing Mojo how it's done.

Bobby's going to wrestle circles around him like Jinder did Xavier.

Mojo's doing well enough at proving himself here.

I'm impressed here. Bobby can make anyone look credible.

Pretty good ending sequence.

Solid work!

- Post-match:
Wow. They're not wasting any time making a statement!

I think I'd be OK with never seeing another "foreign heel wins the U.S. Title while hating America" gimmick.

Bryan making another pretty sudden decision without consulting Shane!

- Orton promo:
Rumble experience has got to help Orton here. I don't see him winning, though.

- R. Squad vs. Charlotte/Naomi/Becky:
Charlotte's taking Liv to the woodshed!

Fine so far. Charlotte's putting on a clinic.

I like the teamwork from the face.

I like Sarah becoming the powerhouse of the group.

Sarah's growing on me.

I like Naomi's offense. She's grown a lot.

Not bad at all! I liked the ending sequence.

- Usos/Gable/Benjamin:
Ooh. Is Chad going to be the Jannetty?

Good promo from the Usos.

I'm liking the heels.

- Shinsuke promo:
Ehhhhhh. He just doesn't have the mystique he should have.

- Shane/Bryan:
Oh, gee. I wonder how this will end up.

- F. Files:
AHAHAHA genius plan.

Tenee cracking me up.

Pretty fun work.

- Jinder vs. Roode:
These two work pretty similarly.

Fine work so far. I like the work on the ribs.

Good targeting by Mahal.

This is pretty good.

I love the crossbody roll-through spot.

This is solid!

Pretty good ending sequence. I hope we're in for a rematch at the Rumble.

I'm pleasantly surprised this didn't turn into another issue between Shane and Bryan.

-- MMC:
- Finn/Sasha vs. Nakamura/Natalya:
Good feeling out process to start.

Fun work between Balor and Shinsuke.

Good stretch from the former NXT champions.

Nice work from the women, too.

I liked Shinsuke catching her but not hurting her. That'd be against the rules!

Good followup to that spot, too.

This is a nice change of pace. I like it.

Balor and Nakamura play off each other really well, but that's not a surprise to anyone.

Fun double dropkick spot.

Not bad at all!

- New Day/Carmella promo:
Carmella beating Asuka would cause thousands of broken computers. 

- Asuka/Miz promo:
This is definitely one of the most fun combinations. The strength of this show is putting people together who normally don't interact.

-- 205 Live: 
- TJP vs. Metalik:
I like TJ's intensity here.

Fun flying from Gran.

Pretty good back and forth.

TJP can work with just about anyone.

That was a really impressive ending sequence.

- Post-match:
Eh.

- Gallagher promo:
Jack is really nailing his role. I hope he isn't dropped if the show is abandoned.

That was great!

- Cedric/Goldust/Zo Train:
Is it bad I'm already thinking of Goldust turning heel on him?

This has definitely helped Cedric, and it's good to see Goldust has something regular to do.

Ha. Goldust the film expert.

Not a bad idea.

- Goldust vs. Nese/Gulak/Ariya:
Wow. Goldust is old enough to be all three men's dad and he's dominating them?

Finally the younger stars take conrol.

Goldust absolutely still has it. I'm impressed.

Really impressive Fosbury Flop.

That was booked well enough to protect the cruisers a little bit. It's still surreal to see Goldust booked that strongly at 48.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment